Author Topic: 2012-06-21 - Jacobs Pavilion - Cleveland, OH  (Read 23577 times)

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
Re: 2012-06-21 - Jacobs Pavilion - Cleveland, OH
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
I'll be there :biggrin: .. with a friend who has never seen them before!

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 06:47:59 PM »
One week. :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine:
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 11:54:34 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think a meet up will be possible for me. I just got an email with the Dream Theater meet and greet itinerary, and we have to be at the venue at 5:00.

But yeah, less than a week  :metal
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 07:22:25 AM »
Wow. That's a bummer. Everyone else is pretty much doing the meet and greet too, right?

Well, either way, we should specify a meeting place within the venue that we could just chill for a bit between Crimson Projekct and DT. Maybe we could meet at that same spot around 6:30 as well. I wouldn't think the meet and greet would take that long.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2012, 02:08:27 PM »
4 days from today  :yarr
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »
My daily post....

THAT IT IS THREE DAYS AWAY WOOOO  :biggrin:

Offline envex

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2012, 12:24:51 PM »
Thursday is near!  Too bad I won't be able to determine who's from the forums at the Meet and Greet.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2012, 12:30:10 PM »
Check the post your picture thread in General Discussion, I'll likely post a photo tomorrow.

If I don't, its pretty easy to spot me. I'll have the A Dramatic Turn of Events black shirt (with the Unicyclist on the front) on, and I have three earrings on each side. Most likely won't be too many guys with six ear piercings lol.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2012, 12:31:14 PM »
I'll likely be wearing my Dream Theater "Black Clouds and Silver Anniversary" shirt. I still think we should set up a meeting spot somewhere within the venue. Anyone who's been there have any ideas?

Offline envex

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2012, 12:33:55 PM »
I'll probably be wearing my Pearl Drums work shirt; wish I found out about this forum a long time ago!

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2012, 01:03:07 PM »
^ It's never too late  :D Glad to have another member here.

If only one of us had been to the venue before that could point out a good meeting spot.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2012, 01:06:42 PM »
I should be wearing the ADTOE tour shirt from the first NA leg tour, barring if they have a different shirt tonight in Columbus, for which I will then wear in Cleveland. hahaha.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
I'm going to be really upset if they don't rotate a few songs in the setlist for this show...

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2012, 10:31:34 PM »
As I posted in the other thread, I Facebook messaged JLB to start switching up that setlist.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2012, 10:32:43 PM »
As I posted in the other thread, I Facebook messaged JLB to start switching up that setlist.
I just tweeted at JP and JR about 5 minutes ago about switching up the set!

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2012, 07:05:55 AM »
I would seriously be 100% ok with that setlist, but I would really like Outcry instead of BAI, since Pittsburgh last year was one Of the only shows not to have both (the Great Debate was still in the set), and we got BAI.

Also, it's tomorrow!!!!!

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2012, 07:32:16 AM »
I am totes okay with the setlist as it is now, but I'd love to have it switched up a bit for the Detroit show.

Offline envex

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2012, 11:35:38 AM »
I'm going to be crushed if they don't play BAI; such an epic song.  Does anyone know if there's anywhere to grub or maybe grab a beer?  The past few times I've seen Dream Theater they were at Tower City, but I've never been to Jacobs Pavilion.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2012, 03:56:06 PM »
Unfortunately I'm completely unfamiliar with the venue as well. Can't fricking wait! Less than a day (until the meet and greet).

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »
I heard it's a relatively new venue. The last time DT played in Cleveland, the Jacobs Pavilion wasn't around, so they played in Tower City. Now that Tower City is shut down, they're playing Jacobs.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2012, 07:25:23 PM »
Hey guys, I'm seeing DT tomorrow.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2012, 07:25:45 PM »
Holy shit. Me too!  :D

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2012, 07:58:24 PM »
I'm so ridiculously stoked :)

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2012, 08:42:39 PM »
We really should meet somewhere before Crimson goes on. I can't think of anywhere that would make sense given the fact that I have no idea how the place is laid out.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »
Are you guys using smartphones? If so, periodically check in and possibly post a meeting spot lol. Not sure how else to do it. I know I have to be at the meet and greet place at 5, but Crimson doesn't go on until 730, so I'm sure we will have time.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2012, 09:06:17 PM »
My Dad has a smartphone. I guess whoever gets there first can pick a good spot that everyone would be able to easily access and post something here. Whoever it is, make sure to include a description of what you'll look like so we can find you. :p

For what it's worth, I'll be wearing my Majesty wristband along with my Black Clouds shirt. My Dad will most likely be wearing his DT hat.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2012, 09:19:54 PM »
Ok, sounds good! Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you guys! If something happens and we don't get a chance to meet up, enjoy the show  :metal

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2012, 09:23:39 PM »
It's probably not a huge deal, but I will post the setlist here on the forums at the end of the show tomorrow night. Just so people know it's coming eventually.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2012, 09:38:51 PM »
^ I appreciate that Results, so that we all aren't scrambling to post it  :lol

I'm going to bed so that I'm fully rested for tomorrow night. See you guys at the show.  :metal

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2012, 09:44:37 PM »
^ I appreciate that Results, so that we all aren't scrambling to post it  :lol

I'm going to bed so that I'm fully rested for tomorrow night. See you guys at the show.  :metal
Yea, that's a great point. Haha. We probably don't want 5 or 6 posts about the setlist in a row. :lol

If the timing ends up being similar to the Columbus show (and it looks like it will be), then I should have it posted up by midnight EST..

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2012, 09:46:53 PM »
if any King Crimson fans are going (who will recognize the songs), could you post the setlist....
please, por favor, etc

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2012, 10:06:41 PM »
if any King Crimson fans are going (who will recognize the songs), could you post the setlist....
please, por favor, etc
I went to the Columbus show. I recognized most of the songs. Not entirely sure what the first song but this is all that I remember.

Improv/Three of a Perfect Pair???
Red
Elephant Talk
Frame By Frame
Theta Hun Ginjeet

Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2012, 10:15:15 PM »
that's awesome, pockets.  Thanks!

gilpdawg added dinosaur.  could that maybe be the first one?

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »
I'd love for them to play Dinosaur. Awesome song.

Offline gilpdawg

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2012, 11:51:46 PM »
I heard it's a relatively new venue. The last time DT played in Cleveland, the Jacobs Pavilion wasn't around, so they played in Tower City. Now that Tower City is shut down, they're playing Jacobs.
Tower City shut down? I thought Jacobs Pavilion was just the new name for the old Nautica Pavilion nee Plain Dealer Pavilion?