Author Topic: my demo. need feedback  (Read 964 times)

Offline inoku

my demo. need feedback
« on: October 18, 2011, 08:49:01 PM »
hey guys, sorry for the bad english.
i'm in a middle of recording my album. and i've just finished record 2 songs.
i thought i might share it here on DTF.
the lyrics is on indonesian language, so you might not really understand the words.
the songs are heavily influence my DT and Daita style music.
here's the link :
https://soundcloud.com/trendkillband
https://www.reverbnation.com/trendkillband

i hope i can get lots of feedback about the music, the mixing, etc
thanks guys  :tup
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:28:36 PM by inoku »

Offline Neuth

Re: my demo. need feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 09:53:12 PM »
Good stuff :tup I thought Impian Dalam Genggaman was particularly refreshing. As far as mixing goes, I thought at times the vocals were a little quiet in the mix, so maybe either turning them up a bit or double tracking them would make them stronger and really cut through the mix. Nice work though, keep it up.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
Impian Dalam Genggaman:
Guitars sound excellent.  Bass is pretty good too, piano sounds nice, but a little bit dull.  Vocals could use a little bit of low end to add some power and meat.  The drums sound OK, but the cymbals are a bit flat.  A very nice song, though, I love the vocal melodies.  Overall, I think you have something very nice here that just needs a little bit of polish.

Rumah Untuk Egoku:
Love the main riff that opens the song, and the palm muted guitar arpeggios during the verses are cool.  I know it's a demo but the vocals need some help with EQ.  When the vocalist goes up into the really high spots, he gets pretty thin sounding.  The lead guitar tone is very nice, and the leads are well played.  Also enjoyed the keyboard solo and the choice of patch.  Again, the drums (especially the cymbals and very especially the china-hat) need some help mixing-wise. 

It's hard for me to know vocally if all of the notes chosen were the intended notes, but I thought I heard a few notes that were not in the correct key (missed pitch) a few times.  Different people have different views on the use of pitch correction software.  It can be useful to repair one or two flat or sharp notes in an otherwise good performance, especially if you're on a tight studio budget. 

With all of that said, I enjoyed listening to your music and would love to hear the finished product when it's complete.

Offline inoku

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 10:48:30 PM »
 :tup
thank you very much for the comments. they are very useful.
indeed we are in a very tight budget. we are reconsider to re record a few vocals though..

anyway next sunday we will return to studio to finish up our other song. hopefully by next month i will upload it and share it here.  :tup

Offline inoku

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 09:35:32 PM »
hey guys, i've just finished recording another song.
check out the soundcloud page at the OP.
the mixing is still need a lot of work though, just want to let you guys hear the new song.
as usual, critics and comments are welcomed.