Author Topic: 2011-07-05 - Castello Scaligero - Verona, ITA  (Read 33677 times)

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
It is not, it's just a high F (which is very high but not his highest ever), half a tone below the classic Learning To Live note. But it is quite understandable, the way it was sung really made it sound higher than it actually was.  ;)

Just for information, I am quite sure that James has (can?) reached in the past the A# (Cementary Gates or Number Of The Beast, I can't remember now). In the old days (92/93) he used to effortlessy hit the high G (Pull Me Under, The Killing Hand, Oh Holy Night), now I don't think he can afford to go much higher than the F# without sounding like a chicken being strangled (Lines In The Sand @CiM).

I haven't really put much thought into which key the highest notes are. All I hear is that it's goddamn high, and that's awesome. He may not be exactly like he was in 92/93, but who would? That's nearly 20 years ago. I think it's quite an accomplishment to be able to do anything like it still, especially with the food poisoning incident in mind.
[/quote]

Yeah, it is quite sad to see that much of this has been lost. However, I fully agree with you: James only deserves to be praised for how well and professionally he controlled everything related to his voice in the last 7/8 years.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline orphaeusest

Re: 2011-07-05 - Castello Scaligero - Verona, ITA
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2011, 10:46:18 AM »
me was at the concert, and, while i was taping, i was sending wasteland news by sms, so he could post all that he posted until my cell had no charge. it was really difficult, for me. i wanted to tape just as i wanted to give you news. i thought wasteland told you his news from the concert was from italian voices. i'm sorry for the dead charging, really sorry.

anyway, we are going to make a bootleg from this show, too. the audio could be published in a short, but we also dediced to make a booklet with comments and impressions with footage. so, we have a lot of work to do. we really want that everyone fells part of the "cake".