Author Topic: 2011-07-05 - Castello Scaligero - Verona, ITA  (Read 33676 times)

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
I'm glad they sticking to the one setlist, actually.

and why is that? Just wondering, I always enjoy that you never know what is to come in a DT setlist, kind of

Something different, and this is a great setlist sans Forsaken.

Offline Chrissalix

Mangini's playing under JR's solo in UAGM  :o

Offline WildeSilas

I don't know about anyone else, but it's hard not to get a little emotional while watching these clips. Sadness for MP not being there, pride in the other guys for coming up roses with MM, the crowds acceptance of MM and how I wish I could be at these shows. It's a new day, and I feel so privileged to be a fan of the best band in the world.

Also, what the fuck? Anyone who watches these clips can't deny that James is kicking some serious ass. The opening to UAGM and the last section of CIAW alone should silence the doubters. He's just as much of a monster as the other 4.

LONG LIVE DREAM THEATER!!!  :metal
No light at the end of the tunnel due to budget contraints

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
good to hear james sounding better

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
I don't know about anyone else, but it's hard not to get a little emotional while watching these clips. Sadness for MP not being there, pride in the other guys for coming up roses with MM, the crowds acceptance of MM and how I wish I could be at these shows. It's a new day, and I feel so privileged to be a fan of the best band in the world.

Also, what the fuck? Anyone who watches these clips can't deny that James is kicking some serious ass. The opening to UAGM and the last section of CIAW alone should silence the doubters. He's just as much of a monster as the other 4.

LONG LIVE DREAM THEATER!!!  :metal
Well to be honest, James had better times IMO... ;) From these clips which I saw for now, He had some great, incredible moments, and some bad moments (like first verse in Learning To Live in Roma). Maybe it's because it's just the beginning of the tour. His voice sounds better in Verona than in Rome, IMO he needs a few shows to open up, and it will be very good ;)

Offline Sixtease

Oh God, oh God, The Count of Tuscany! The Great Debate! Learning To Live! Under A Glass Moon! Please, please, don't rotate anything till Vienna gig

Offline Dreamer81

Oh God, oh God, The Count of Tuscany! The Great Debate! Learning To Live! Under A Glass Moon! Please, please, don't rotate anything till Vienna gig

I don't think they will change the setlist in this tour. Impossibile for MM to do a new album and learn other ten albums of insane drumming.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni

I don't think they will change the setlist in this tour. Impossibile for MM to do a new album and learn other ten albums of insane drumming.

I smell a potential drum DVD from MM later with that title ;D
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline WildeSilas

Yeah, I'm speaking specifically about the 2nd show. He sounds great on pretty much all of those clips, and I've been a loud critic of his live vocal performance since around 8VM. So good to hear him hitting those notes on CIAW.
No light at the end of the tunnel due to budget contraints

Offline Dreamer81

I don't know if iin Rome was the same, but yesterday in Verona there were plenty of camera (2 on the main stage, 1 on Petrucci, 1 on Keboards and 2 on drums). I want a DVD recorded in Italy so bad, is a shame they play on small venue with bad acoustic.

Offline IdoSC

Lol, James was good in CIAW, but the little cracks in his voice during the first high-register passage of the song remind me of Chile 2005.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Couldn't hear any cracks. His voice indeed went a little thin, because that's a really hard passage, but it sounded OK to me.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Dreamer81

I have low upload speed, later i will post basically all UAGM made with an Iphone from the third row, on my pc the quality is pretty good, i hope that youtube doesn't cut everything...

Offline IdoSC

Couldn't hear any cracks. His voice indeed went a little thin, because that's a really hard passage, but it sounded OK to me.
The one that stood out the most imo was "is the thirst of desire"...there weren't many cracks, but it was just a little throwback to 2005. That's my point XD

Offline Dreamer81

UAGM recorded by me, part 2 coming soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PylZ7N7zcGY

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Dreamer81

amd this is the 2nd part, with the guitar solo, they're both in 720HD, with very good quality!!

edit, forgotted the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgHHYGZvABs
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:19:15 PM by Dreamer81 »

Offline krands85

Learning to Live (not the best audio quality though):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyUJz29k43I

Different clip of the F#
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=611XBa79a9U
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
4:15 is the closest ive heard JLB go to the harshness of the awake singing, well since then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8esg4TY8b7I

Offline juzzwuzzz

About James laughing hard with JP, it happend during TCOT, when lines say "i want to say goodbye, this could be the last time you see me alive" and JP made an hello hand to him... It was hilarious!.

Would be great to see that on video

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
4:15 is the closest ive heard JLB go to the harshness of the awake singing, well since then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8esg4TY8b7I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgotNJ1xPVU

It's better heard in here. Amazing.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member

About James laughing hard with JP, it happend during TCOT, when lines say "i want to say goodbye, this could be the last time you see me alive" and JP made an hello hand to him... It was hilarious!.

Would be great to see that on video
WOWOWOW, that is great  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin There You have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUKusTvWgUU - 8:25 second chorus :)

James is laughing that he couldn't even sing the last words  :lol :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
haha :lol

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
haha :lol
Really gold moment of this tour ;) Great!!  :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Through My Words mistake fairly obvious. It's right away in the beginning  :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0SJuMeiN6E&feature=related

Can't imagine the panic onstage, great recovery.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline DejaVu

• "Don't be frightened of the shadows it creates"
^That is quite funny actually :lol

JLB: "I prefer doing this one" :metal

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
^That is quite funny actually :lol

JLB: "I prefer doing this one" :metal
I was looking for that video, thanks, funny stuff in Verona ;) First a little time mistake from MM, than The Count Of Tuscany instead of Fatal Tragedy and JP's waving "hello" :)

Offline Millais

from the few video clips i've heard on youtube james is sound incredible and mixing perfectly with the band. whether this will stay for the rest of the tour is another matter... but he really was sounding great.

Offline Zorander

• DT.net Veteran
  • Rice-megatron expert
Watching the clips from this show atm and I have to say. Think LaBrie sounds awesome!! I was pretty "meh" about his performance in Rome. Thought it was a bit bland and lacked energy .. from most of these clips he seems to be pretty spot on, and in better shape overwall :) Great stuff!!

Edit... so, im through watching all clips (with acceptable sound quality) I could find. I'll change my first assessment and rephrase it to "LaBrie is a f--ing legend!" :D Really looking forward to seeing them in Norway when the time comes. By then I'll be living just 15 minutes from the venue as well.. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :metal Any norwegians here who would like to guess (or knows) when they'll be playing in Oslo btw? :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:33:55 PM by Zorander »
Vanity, my favourite sin.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
I'm working on a DVD of this show. Video quality is not really top notch, but the audio is really enjoyable! Stay tuned!  :hat
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Guitalguy

• Blackness awakens Visions come alive
Watching the clips from this show atm and I have to say. Think LaBrie sounds awesome!! I was pretty "meh" about his performance in Rome. Thought it was a bit bland and lacked energy .. from most of these clips he seems to be pretty spot on, and in better shape overwall :) Great stuff!!

Edit... so, im through watching all clips (with acceptable sound quality) I could find. I'll change my first assessment and rephrase it to "LaBrie is a f--ing legend!" :D Really looking forward to seeing them in Norway when the time comes. By then I'll be living just 15 minutes from the venue as well.. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :metal Any norwegians here who would like to guess (or knows) when they'll be playing in Oslo btw? :)

I'm Norwegian, tjohei! Satser på at de kommer til Norge på turneen til albumet i høst! Vurderer sterkt å dra på High Voltage om to uker, men kanskje bedre å vente til de kommer hit.

Back to English... I just saw Endless Sacrifice from Verona, and HOLY ****! That note in the chorus is the highest I've ever heard James. Really good to know that he's back, and can't wait to hear how he improves during the tour!

Offline Dreamer81

I'm working on a DVD of this show. Video quality is not really top notch, but the audio is really enjoyable! Stay tuned!  :hat

Really?? I can't wait for this release, how do you plan to release? Torrent, emule or something like Rapidhsare??

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Back to English... I just saw Endless Sacrifice from Verona, and HOLY ****! That note in the chorus is the highest I've ever heard James. Really good to know that he's back, and can't wait to hear how he improves during the tour!

It is not, it's just a high F (which is very high but not his highest ever), half a tone below the classic Learning To Live note. But it is quite understandable, the way it was sung really made it sound higher than it actually was.  ;)

Just for information, I am quite sure that James has (can?) reached in the past the A# (Cementary Gates or Number Of The Beast, I can't remember now). In the old days (92/93) he used to effortlessy hit the high G (Pull Me Under, The Killing Hand, Oh Holy Night), now I don't think he can afford to go much higher than the F# without sounding like a chicken being strangled (Lines In The Sand @CiM).

Really?? I can't wait for this release, how do you plan to release? Torrent, emule or something like Rapidhsare??

I will upload the dvd as a torrent on dimeadozen first (need to build some ratio for the incoming tour). Then, I will probably split the files and upload them on Megaupload and open a thread here where direct links will be provided!  :)
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Guitalguy

• Blackness awakens Visions come alive

It is not, it's just a high F (which is very high but not his highest ever), half a tone below the classic Learning To Live note. But it is quite understandable, the way it was sung really made it sound higher than it actually was.  ;)

Just for information, I am quite sure that James has (can?) reached in the past the A# (Cementary Gates or Number Of The Beast, I can't remember now). In the old days (92/93) he used to effortlessy hit the high G (Pull Me Under, The Killing Hand, Oh Holy Night), now I don't think he can afford to go much higher than the F# without sounding like a chicken being strangled (Lines In The Sand @CiM).

I haven't really put much thought into which key the highest notes are. All I hear is that it's goddamn high, and that's awesome. He may not be exactly like he was in 92/93, but who would? That's nearly 20 years ago. I think it's quite an accomplishment to be able to do anything like it still, especially with the food poisoning incident in mind.