Author Topic: Songs You Would Like To See On The Next Tour  (Read 9321 times)

Offline Anjohl Tennan

Re: Songs You Would Like To See On The Next Tour
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »
I would not be surprised in the least if they didn't play any of the older Portnoy era stuff.  I totally could see them writing and producing a double album and performing it on tour.  If anything it would say "This is us and this is what we can do without Mike Portnoy.  This is the new guy and this is what he is all about."

Offline Mladen

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »
If the new drummer stays for only one album and one tour, I so want a live DVD of that tour.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2010, 12:01:44 PM »
If the new drummer stays for only one album and one tour, I so want a live DVD of that tour.

I dunno. Wasn't portnoy largely the one behind all of the DVD's?

I hope the other guys have as much interest in them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2010, 01:01:08 PM »

I dunno. Wasn't portnoy largely the one behind all of the DVD's?

I hope the other guys have as much interest in them.

I would be surprised if they didn't.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2010, 07:01:43 PM »
More from Scenes and Six Degrees would be great.

They generally represent SFAM pretty well, putting in at least one song for each tour. I got to see the unexpected duo of Dance of Eternity/One Last Time, and this summer they played Home as a regular. I feel like Strange Deja Vue, Fatal Tragedy, and Finally Free are due to make a return.

Six Degrees does not get the live treatment it deserves, and this thread is loaded with people suggesting songs like The Glass Prison, The Great Debate, Misunderstood, etc. I think any song from Six Degrees would be wonderful, but I would like more from the first disc. It's been a very long time since the non-Blind Faith/title track songs have been played on a constant basis, and I would welcome just about any of the others.
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2010, 07:09:51 PM »
I would love to see Misunderstood, Peruvian Skies and some Octavarium (These Walls, Sacrificed Sons, The Answer Lies Within).
It would also be fantastic if they could play Stargazer and Take Your Fingers From My Hair  :metal
Crossing bridges in the sky.

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2010, 07:50:52 PM »
TCOT, ToT, and TGP.

Offline volwrath

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »
Peruvian skies ... I dont think it gets enough love.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2010, 09:29:51 PM »
Oh hell yeah. Let me see what else I can think of...

Through Her Eyes
Take Away My Pain
Take The Time
Honor Thy Father
A Nightmare To Remember
Prophets of War
Endless Sacrifice
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ShadowWalker

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2010, 11:27:54 AM »
Without Mike there to put his foot down, maybe Space Dye Vest can finally make an appearance.

I would love to hear 6:00 and A Fortune in Lies

Better yet, maybe some shows with the entire Awake album would be cool.

Other than the few requisite new tracks, I want to hear as little material as possible from the albums 6DOIT-present...

Offline Anjohl Tennan

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2010, 02:15:28 PM »
One thing I don't see happening is the complete twelve steps suite played live

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2010, 10:25:49 PM »
well for starters i would really like DT to come to Boston. I really love them and they never come around here. But the songs i would really want to see would be "You Not Me", "Prophets of War", and especially "Light Fuse and Get Away". I'm sure most will agree.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2010, 11:46:27 AM »
You Or Me
The Way it Used to Be
One of the more obscure tracks from WDaDU
A reworking of a classic song.

And, I'd like to see them bring out another Majesty track to get the live album treatment.  I'm hoping someday to be able to have good quality versions of all those songs available.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2010, 12:34:36 PM »
You Or Me
The Way it Used to Be

And, I'd like to see them bring out another Majesty track to get the live album treatment.  I'm hoping someday to be able to have good quality versions of all those songs available.

I can say with near-certainty that you won't see any of those on the next tour. Mike was by and large the driving force behind playing older songs and b-sides. James and Jordan don't like playing older songs because they have no connection to them and John (Petrucci, anyway, I don't know about Myung) sees the Majesty and WDaDU songs as being less mature songs than those on their other albums.

And with respect to b-sides, I think the general opinion in the band outside of Mike is that the songs didn't make it onto their respective albums for a reason and, as such, do not merit being played live.
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2010, 09:16:26 PM »
You Or Me
The Way it Used to Be

I can say with near-certainty that you won't see any of those on the next tour. Mike was by and large the driving force behind playing older songs and b-sides. James and Jordan don't like playing older songs because they have no connection to them and John (Petrucci, anyway, I don't know about Myung) sees the Majesty and WDaDU songs as being less mature songs than those on their other albums.

And with respect to b-sides, I think the general opinion in the band outside of Mike is that the songs didn't make it onto their respective albums for a reason and, as such, do not merit being played live.

Yeah the thread is "songs you would like to see", not "songs you're probably going to see, so why bother even having a conversation".

And I don't think the last sentence is really true, in that it wasn't the band that decided to leave them off the album.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2010, 02:11:29 AM »
You Or Me
The Way it Used to Be

Yeah the thread is "songs you would like to see", not "songs you're probably going to see, so why bother even having a conversation".

And I don't think the last sentence is really true, in that it wasn't the band that decided to leave them off the album.

Actually, in many cases I believe it was.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2010, 07:18:51 AM »
well for starters i would really like DT to come to Boston. I really love them and they never come around here. But the songs i would really want to see would be "You Not Me", "Prophets of War", and especially "Light Fuse and Get Away". I'm sure most will agree.

You must be trollin'

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
  • Mobilizing to contribute to the alliance
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2010, 07:49:31 AM »

You must be trollin'
Either way I'd be fine with seeing Light Fuse and get Away  ???

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2010, 08:04:49 AM »
You Or Me
The Way it Used to Be

Actually, in many cases I believe it was.

Do you know the history FII and how pretty much every aspect of the album was meddled with by the producer and the record label?  I haven't seen a single quote by any band member expressing dislike or disappointment for any of those songs, nor have I seen any of them express any reasons for any of them to be left off the album other than record label / producer interference.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2010, 08:08:08 AM »

WUT.  You must live in an alternate universe.  I've seen them in Boston many times.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2010, 09:40:34 AM »

WUT.  You must live in an alternate universe.  I've seen them in Boston many times.
Exactly! Boston got LFAGA on the ToT tour, one of only a couple of cities that did so, and Boston also got POW in '09.
2010 was probably the first year we didn't see them in Boston proper in about a dozen years!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2010, 09:45:52 AM »
Anna Lee, dammit.

Kosmo

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2010, 10:50:57 AM »
Just Let me Breathe

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2010, 05:17:05 PM »
Innocence Faded, The Killing Hand, and Learning to Live is always welcome here!  :rollin
Yes I do admit that I would REALLY love to see James hitting a big awesome note that's recent. The last one was maybe 2007 when he did it on Learning to Live. Or maybe it was 2007 during Surrounded. I don't know but I want to see it!  :corn
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2010, 06:48:46 PM »
Hell's Kitchen.....then I would love to see the full Six Degrees. :smiley:

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2010, 06:52:13 PM »
If I ever have the privilege of seeing them play In the Name of God live, I will be extremely happy.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline cthrubuoy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2011, 06:14:20 AM »

You must be trollin'

99% sure this is just a troll account.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2011, 05:38:48 AM »
I just listened to Lifting shadows of a dream - I'm not a huge fan of this track, but I think it would work nicely as a ballad in the set. Fingers crossed.  :smiley:

Offline WDADU

• Are you justified?
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2011, 07:23:15 PM »
Hell's Kitchen
Lines In The Sand
Trial Of Tears
The Count Of Tuscany (just because it's probably in my top three favourite Dream Theater songs)
Blind Faith
A Change Of Seasons
Take Away My Pain
These Walls
Fortune In Lies
6:00
Innocence Faded
Scarred
Brave
Murder
Day

Offline Infinite Cactus

• DT.net Member
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2011, 09:09:25 PM »
The big 4 for me are 6:00, Status Seeker, The Ones Who Help To Set The Sun, and Light Fuse and Get Away

Offline Tunnel Vision

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2011, 09:28:23 PM »
Ytse Jam
The Killing Hand
Under a Glass Moon
The Mirror
Lifting Shadows Off a Dream
You Or Me (<-- I doubt it would happen though)
Anna Lee
Overture 1928
Strange Deja Vu
The Glass Prison
Disappear

Offline Voyage 34

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2011, 02:36:12 PM »
I would like to see:
STATUS SEEKER!!
A Change of Seasons
You or Me
Take the Time
Lifting Shadows of a Dream
Erotomania

I'll stop there. If I don't I'll end up making a whole setlist.
"Thank you god...for making me an atheist."
                                                --Ricky Gervais

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2011, 10:12:18 PM »
Voyage 34 has 34 posts! Never post again and you'll be set for life!

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2011, 10:59:35 PM »
 :omg:

inb4 post 35

Offline Voyage 34

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2011, 11:20:17 PM »
Voyage 34 has 34 posts! Never post again and you'll be set for life!

Damn, I ruined it. Or were trying to tell me to never post here again? :'(
"Thank you god...for making me an atheist."
                                                --Ricky Gervais