Cool Story Bro!

Started by Fiery Winds, November 08, 2010, 05:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiery Winds

I was sitting at a traffic light blaring Misunderstood (the instrumental section just before "It challenges the essence..." and a guy next to me shouted over and asked me "Who is that?", so I told him Dream Theater and he said "Thanks!" and wrote it down on a piece of paper.   :metal

zxlkho

:lol :lol
That really is a cool story bro.

Chino

I pulled up to a like blaring Misunderstood, and some guy screams "TURN THAT SHIT DOWN!"

true story

Fiery Winds

Another time I was playing Scarred, and I heard a really loud horn and it was an undercover cop next to me.  I turned it off and he said, "Not everyone likes that music buddy."   :blush

bosk1

Years ago when SDOIT first came out, FW's dad and I were driving to a friend's house and were blaring Misunderstood on my car stereo, and FW was curled up in fetal position on the back seat crying with his hands over his ears.  True story.

Okay, truth be told, I was actually blaring The Glass Prison, and instead of crying, FW was actually pretty into it.

Aniland

Years ago, I was in a guitar shop and some guy next to me was playing Pull Me Under. Being a n00b at the time, I asked him "Is that Dream Theater?" He seemed to be amused at my question, replying "Yes, yes it is." He must have thought I was really cool for knowing an underground band like DT! True story.

Algo Fonix

One time I listened to A Change of Seasons in my car and I found it to be an enjoyable experience.  :sadpanda:

bosk1

Quote from: Aniland on November 08, 2010, 05:55:09 PM
Years ago, I was in a guitar shop and some guy next to me was playing Pull Me Under. Being a n00b at the time, I asked him "Is that Dream Theater?" He seemed to be amused at my question, replying "Yes, yes it is." He must have thought I was really cool for knowing an underground band like DT! True story.

:|

toro

The other day I saw a guy with a TOT t-shirt and I was liek, cool shirt bro, and he was like, Oh thanks. True Story.

SystematicThought

Aniland is in a movie and he doesn't even know it  :lol

Chino

Dude! You were in a movie

Occasional_Madman

juice

So energy. Power!

True story.

Algo Fonix

One day I had a pen and some paper, so I figured what the fuck?

PlaysLikeMyung

Quote from: SystematicThought on November 08, 2010, 06:22:37 PM

I think he's joking. I think.

SystematicThought

Quote from: PlaysLikeMyüng on November 08, 2010, 07:00:06 PM

Yeah. I know he's joking. It just would be funny if it actually was him

PlaysLikeMyung

Quote from: SystematicThought on November 08, 2010, 07:05:24 PM
Quote from: PlaysLikeMyüng on November 08, 2010, 07:00:06 PM

Yeah. I know he's joking. It just would be funny if it actually was him

If that guy saw that video, he probably thought "Oh my god I am the dumbest motherfucker in all the world"

Progmetty

This very situation happened to me in 2005 only it was The Dance of Eternity and he yelled "Sweeeeeet music! what is it?" I told him, ejected SFAM and threw it to him before the light went green :lol

cookienut

Same thing happened to me when I was listen to some Prog Core

True Story

emindead

Fiery Winds

Quote from: metty on November 08, 2010, 07:10:30 PM
This very situation happened to me in 2005 only it was The Dance of Eternity and he yelled "Sweeeeeet music! what is it?" I told him, ejected SFAM and threw it to him before the light went green :lol

I've gotta do this next time!! Especially since I keep all my originals at home and burn CD-R's for the car.

wolfking

I was listening to Systematic Chaos one time while was on the toilet.  It really helped my situation, the two actually went nicely together, true story.

j

Quote from: metty on November 08, 2010, 07:10:30 PM

That is awesome.

Quote from: wolfking on November 08, 2010, 07:57:43 PM
I was listening to Systematic Chaos one time while was on the toilet.  It really helped my situation, the two actually went nicely together, true story.

:lol

-J

Adami

I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting at a traffic light blaring Misunderstood (the instrumental section just before "It challenges the essence..." and a guy next to me shouted over and asked me "Who is that?", so I told him "It's Dream Theater!" and he said "Scream Theater?" and I said "NO! You Misunderstood!" Then I turned from a thief to a beggar.

Or

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

Algo Fonix

Quote from: Adami on November 08, 2010, 08:38:57 PM
I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.
I don't know why, but I literally laughed out loud at this one.  :rollin

Orbert

One time I was at work and I had "A Change of Seasons" on.  Some guy asked me who it was, and I told him it was a band called Dream Theater.  He said "Are you kidding?  Those guys are awesome!" and I was like Shut up, you've never even heard of them.  He says "What song is this?" and I told him.  He said, "I've still got to get that.  I still only have Images and Words and Awake."

This was when ACOS was the latest release.  I said "Holy shit, you do know who Dream Theater is!"  I worked with the guy for another five years, and talked DT with him whenever I could because he was (and still is) the only person I've ever worked with who knows Dream Theater.

True story.

toro

Quote from: Adami on November 08, 2010, 08:38:57 PM
I imagined the story to go more like this.

You are a sig-making machine.

toro

Also the cashier at my school school was listening to A Change of Seasons the other day, and... she is a WOMAN. True Story.

Orbert

Argh, can't make the obligatory " but girls don't listen to prog" joke because we actually have girls here.

And also, because it's not very funny.

tri.ad

That's a really cool story indeed.

Vivace

I was on an expedition that actually found the end of Pull Me Under. There were Nazis, Arabs, booby traps, a knight, a vilupcuous female, a bumbling side kick, a ruthless henchman, a temple priest who can rip out your heart and start it on fire.... oh wait I think I'm mixing up two expeditions I had.

RoeDent

This thread rules. True story.  :rollin

dethklok09

i wish my life was this cool  :'(

blackngold29

One time I was listening to DT and this cute girl asked who it was and I told her and she said, "Oh." I did not get laid at this point.

Shit.