Author Topic: Anyone here own Romavarium?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline The Letter M

Anyone here own Romavarium?
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:14:45 PM »
If so, what was the packaging like when you received it? I'm trying to get a copy of this, but I just want to know how it was sent/presented when shipped from the fanclubs to the fans.

Also, what's the quality like on the DVD? Worth looking to get, or should I just pass?

Thanks for any and all help, guys! :tup

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline robwebster

Re: Anyone here own Romavarium?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 05:13:13 PM »
Representing!

I got a clear plastic slipcase, with the CD inside, the booklet, and the back of the tray. Everything except the jewel case, in short - understandably, 'cause they easily break in the post, and it'd make it a heavier package.

DVD quality was good! Surprisingly good, actually. Very impressive. About as good as the Ytsejam Bootlegs, which I wasn't expecting from a fan club CD. It's very listenable. Not perfect, but not too far off the Chaos in Motion level. Slightly better than A Walk Beside the Band.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 05:15:39 PM »
Marc..GET IT! Stop asking questions. I saw your DT side projects list!  I'm amazed you don't have this already!

It came with a cover with some notes and pictures. Also a very nice back tray insert. The video is very cool, not like watching Score, but very cool. It's the same footage that was used for the Rome portion of the A Walk Beside The Band FC DVD. I suppose you could youtube it to check the quality.
I actually had someone rip the audio for me, as it makes a great live CD. I mean you get soundboard audio/live video of tracks like These Walls, Never Enough, and a non orchestral version of 8V.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 05:18:58 PM »
Yeah. I think of Score as the event show with the bells and whistles, but Romavarium's the tour souvenir.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »
Representing!

I got a clear plastic slipcase, with the CD inside, the booklet, and the back of the tray. Everything except the jewel case, in short - understandably, 'cause they easily break in the post, and it'd make it a heavier package.

DVD quality was good! Surprisingly good, actually. Very impressive. About as good as the Ytsejam Bootlegs, which I wasn't expecting from a fan club CD. It's very listenable. Not perfect, but not too far off the Chaos in Motion level. Slightly better than A Walk Beside the Band.

Okay, cool! The seller states that he's got a copy that comes in "its original plastic sleeve, as distributed by the fan club", so I'm hoping this is what he means. I guess I'll have to ask if the booklet and tray-insert are included, which I'm hoping they are as he replied to a question of mine saying it comes sealed as it was sent to the fans.

I've seen some of the video online before and I agree it does look pretty good!

Marc..GET IT! Stop asking questions. I saw your DT side projects list!  I'm amazed you don't have this already!

It came with a cover with some notes and pictures. Also a very nice back tray insert. The video is very cool, not like watching Score, but very cool. It's the same footage that was used for the Rome portion of the A Walk Beside The Band FC DVD. I suppose you could youtube it to check the quality.
I actually had someone rip the audio for me, as it makes a great live CD. I mean you get soundboard audio/live video of tracks like These Walls, Never Enough, and a non orchestral version of 8V.

LOL Yeah, I'm slowly working on getting the DTIFC stuff, as well as the officially released DT singles (beefing up my DT collection). I actually had a friend (fellow fan met online) do the same thing with the audio, and it IS pretty good audio.

Thanks for your input, guys! I truly appreciate it! :tup

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 01:45:03 AM »
Yeah VUK always ship without jewel cases as they are bulky and add significantly to shipping costs, so you'll be getting it as the rest of us do.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TTTSTA

• GRRRRR
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 06:12:06 PM »
How do i get in this fanclub i can never figure out how to  sign up for it? Every DT fan club i find is in a different language!
Sig removed for being too Gaahl!