Author Topic: OFFICIAL Five-Eight/One-Three-Seven discussion thread  (Read 7448 times)

Offline mikeyd23

Re: OFFICIAL Five-Eight/One-Three-Seven discussion thread
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2018, 09:23:26 AM »
Well this is weird.
I don't know. I've been gone for a while, but this seems fairly normal to me.

Touche

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2018, 09:37:02 AM »
Wait... Octavarium is a concept? I thought it was a covers record.  :lol

j/k, j/k!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline chucke

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2018, 10:54:59 AM »
I thought the kids were no longer smoking the crack but apparently I was wrong.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2018, 12:32:55 PM »
This is wonderful misdirection by the band... 1 + 3 + 7 = 11 so it's obviously a tribute to Spinal Tap.  JP will be back stage telling people not to touch his guitars because he cherishes them and JMX will be screaming "rock and rolllll" while they're all jogging to the left to get to stage.  Can't believe you guys don't see that.  Such a fine line between stupid and clever...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2018, 01:39:51 PM »
This is wonderful misdirection by the band... 1 + 3 + 7 = 11 so it's obviously a tribute to Spinal Tap.  JP will be back stage telling people not to touch his guitars because he cherishes them and JMX will be screaming "rock and rolllll" while they're all jogging to the left to get to stage.  Can't believe you guys don't see that.  Such a fine line between stupid and clever...

A line DTF passed sometime in Jun of '06.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2018, 02:53:43 PM »
*concedes*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2018, 08:06:40 PM »
I fucking love you guys :hearts:

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2018, 04:13:16 AM »
OMG! Too much math in this thread!!!!

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2018, 09:04:30 AM »
OMG! Too much math in this thread!!!!

Seriously.  :lol

Even the dudes I hire to do my accounting are cursing at this - "fucking damn prog nerds" has been heard twice in my office this morning.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline rab7

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2018, 09:18:48 AM »
Someone on the DT subreddit found this photo here: https://www.gettyimages.fi/detail/photo/real-human-skull-profile-royalty-free-image/96370388

Which proves that the "137" was intentionally placed, rather than a marking that was already on the skull.

Some have already said that if you count 6DOIT as one song, and ITPOE as one song, and include ACOS, that's exactly 137 songs from all their released albums plus the only original song on the EP.

This to me means that the skull symbolizes the past, the android holding the skull is their present.

This album is about the fact that their past, symbolized by the skull, is dead. The new album is The Android, and it represents a new chapter in their lives (InsideOut records rather than Roadrunner and everything before it).

The android is holding the skull to acknowledge that even though the past is dead, they still put it on display as a form of respect. This coincides with their statements that the I&W tour was a huge inspiration, and also the fact that the DOT tour is going to celebrate SFAM.

And one final tidbit is the lyrics from the teaser: "Don't be afraid of letting go [of the past]. Open your heart, be set free"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2018, 11:47:38 AM »
Please, tell us more.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2018, 11:51:06 AM »
Someone on the DT subreddit found this photo here: https://www.gettyimages.fi/detail/photo/real-human-skull-profile-royalty-free-image/96370388

Which proves that the "137" was intentionally placed, rather than a marking that was already on the skull.

Some have already said that if you count 6DOIT as one song, and ITPOE as one song, and include ACOS, that's exactly 137 songs from all their released albums plus the only original song on the EP.

This to me means that the skull symbolizes the past, the android holding the skull is their present.

This album is about the fact that their past, symbolized by the skull, is dead. The new album is The Android, and it represents a new chapter in their lives (InsideOut records rather than Roadrunner and everything before it).

The android is holding the skull to acknowledge that even though the past is dead, they still put it on display as a form of respect. This coincides with their statements that the I&W tour was a huge inspiration, and also the fact that the DOT tour is going to celebrate SFAM.

And one final tidbit is the lyrics from the teaser: "Don't be afraid of letting go [of the past]. Open your heart, be set free"

:omg:

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2018, 11:52:38 AM »
Please, tell us more.

"Tell us more Mr. Science"  Do your tee-shirts shrink in the wash too?

A line DTF passed sometime in Jun of '06.

Well, that was 5 years before I joined so I'm safe... wait, which direction are we talking about here?

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:59:33 AM by vtgrad »
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2018, 12:52:06 PM »
wait, which direction are we talking about here?

I think the post 4 above tells you all you need to know as to whether we are in the clever realm, or stupid one.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2018, 02:42:58 PM »

I'm in!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.