Author Topic: Dream Theater's Untitled 11th Album: Make a fake tracklist / title  (Read 86516 times)

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
Re: Dream Theater's Untitled 11th Album: Make a fake tracklist / title
« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2010, 10:58:19 AM »
Okay, I will make an album cover sometime, but I can't right now, because this new computer only has MS paint (which sucks) so once I can get on my mom's computer I'll try to put something together :D

Dream Theater - A Dream Divided

Tracks:
1. The Heretic's Kiss (Lyrics by JP) 8:34
2. Reaching for an Endless Life (Lyrics by JP) 11:56
3. Climbing Higher (Lyrics by MP) 7:12
4. Seven Years (Lyrics by JLB) 4:59
5. Underneath the Scars (Lyrics by JMX) 12:18
6. Something Else (Lyrics by MP) 9:10
7. Wreckless Minds (Lyrics by JP) 14:26
8. Drawing Closer (Lyrics by JMX) 8:14
9. Between Day and Night (Lyrics by DT) 26:56

Will edit for further details, my computer is acting up at the moment.
Okay, I can't do it unfortunatley. Something is wrong and it will not let me type. Ugh. sorry :(
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:04:15 AM by VioletS16 »
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2010, 11:04:24 AM »
Lyrics by MP?

Offline John94

« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2010, 11:21:04 AM »
Hate to break it to you but he left in September.

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2010, 11:36:08 AM »
IN MY WORLD HE NEVER LEFT

chill out natalie...

lol
What I meant was that if I have the power to make their entire album, I have power to bring him back. End of story.
If he must leave,
then the new drummer must take over his songs.
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline Aniland

« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »
lolwut

Offline Aniland

« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2010, 06:03:42 AM »
bump

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2010, 08:24:49 AM »
  DREAM THEATER
"Winds of Change"
 1. The Cold Breath of Winter (Petrucci) 11:20
 2. Which Road To Choose (Myung) 7:15
 3. Overload (instrumental) 6:00
 4. Nevermore (LaBrie) 5:30
 5. Exercise In Futility (Myung) 8:20
 6. Nothing Disturbed (LaBrie) 7:45
 7. Sense of Being (Petrucci) 5:50
 8. The Darkness Within (Petrucci) 8:45
 9. Dare To Dream (LaBrie) 5:40
10. Winds of Change (Petrucci) 12:15

Offline Ħ

« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2010, 09:24:57 AM »
Those song titles are really cool.  Surprised to see no epic, but maybe it's for the best in DT11.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2010, 11:12:14 AM »
I would say in that list, the Winds of Change would be an epic like Trial of Tears, which now doubt is still considered an epic.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2010, 01:51:46 PM »
I would say in that list, the Winds of Change would be an epic like Trial of Tears, which now doubt is still considered an epic.

That's exactly what I was going for. :tup This "creation" is basically patterned after FII which is what I'm kind of hoping for in the next DT release!

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2010, 01:55:34 PM »
I'd definitely be interested. It sounds cool!

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2010, 10:17:06 PM »
 DREAM THEATER
"Winds of Change"

A little "background" on the upcoming album's songs
This song deals with the homeless people of the world (specifically about NYC), and how they have to cope in the winter months living in the streets. Very dark and thought provoking. Think along the lines of a "Scarred" composition.
This song deals with how people handle intense situations in which you really feel "torn" about. Think along the lines of a "New Millineum" composition.
Think sheer prog-metal awesomeness :metal
I actually hear this song in my head. A power ballad like DT has never done before. Think "Forsaken" or "Anna Lee", but with a real powerful delivery from JLB! This song deals with loss of a loved one (not through death though, but by breakup - Could be family member, lover, etc but...NOT MP related)!
This song deals with trying to be someone you are not. I'm "hearing" a "Beyond This Life" kind of vibe for this one.
Uplifting song that deals with overcoming trauma and moving on "in a good place". Think "Another Day" meets "Wither" with an awesome middle jam session
Straight ahead Petrucci prog metal rocker that deals with internet self perception. Think "Lie" or "About To Crash".
The first of 2 songs that seemingly deal with the DT/MP split. This song deals with MP's side of things (as told by JP), as a person who has it "great" but isn't completely happy and has a "Darkness Within" and how that person deals with it. Think "Burning My Soul" meets "Dark Eternal Night".
A slow DT acoustic song (piano, acoustic guitars, etc) about never giving up on your dreams in life. My favorite line "You only get One chance to Live Life to The Fullest, Take your Aim and Dare To Dream". Think "Hollow Years" meets "Through Her Eyes".
Finally, the song about DT's point of view (through JP's lyrics) in the split with MP and the aftermath of moving on. True Prog genius along the lines of "Trial of Tears" and the slow part towards the end of "Lines In The Sand" before it picks up again.

Wow, that was fun! :loser:

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2010, 10:27:39 PM »
It's awesome cause you write it as if you think they are actually going in to record it tomorrow.

Offline Aniland

« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »
 DREAM THEATER
"Winds of Change"

This song deals with the homeless people of the world (specifically about NYC), and how they have to cope in the winter months living in the streets. Very dark and thought provoking. Think along the lines of a "Scarred" composition.
This song deals with how people handle intense situations in which you really feel "torn" about. Think along the lines of a "New Millineum" composition.
I actually hear this song in my head. A power ballad like DT has never done before. Think "Forsaken" or "Anna Lee", but with a real powerful delivery from JLB! This song deals with loss of a loved one (not through death though, but by breakup - Could be family member, lover, etc but...NOT MP related)!
This song deals with trying to be someone you are not. I'm "hearing" a "Beyond This Life" kind of vibe for this one.
Uplifting song that deals with overcoming trauma and moving on "in a good place". Think "Another Day" meets "Wither" with an awesome middle jam session
Straight ahead Petrucci prog metal rocker that deals with internet self perception. Think "Lie" or "About To Crash".
The first of 2 songs that seemingly deal with the DT/MP split. This song deals with MP's side of things (as told by JP), as a person who has it "great" but isn't completely happy and has a "Darkness Within" and how that person deals with it. Think "Burning My Soul" meets "Dark Eternal Night".
A slow DT acoustic song (piano, acoustic guitars, etc) about never giving up on your dreams in life. My favorite line "You only get One chance to Live Life to The Fullest, Take your Aim and Dare To Dream". Think "Hollow Years" meets "Through Her Eyes".
Finally, the song about DT's point of view (through JP's lyrics) in the split with MP and the aftermath of moving on. True Prog genius along the lines of "Trial of Tears" and the slow part towards the end of "Lines In The Sand" before it picks up again.

This is the album I want. I don't think I can live peacefully without this album coming into existence.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »
 DREAM THEATER
"Winds of Change"

This is the album I want. I don't think I can live peacefully without this album coming into existence.

You and me both.  :tup

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2011, 12:05:31 PM »
 DREAM THEATER
"Winds of Change"

You and me both.  :tup

No artwork I create will justify the righteousness this album has potential for. Well done, sir. Well done.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2011, 12:15:21 PM »
Dream Theater should hire this As I Am character.  :hefdaddy

Offline jsem

« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2011, 02:24:47 PM »
Dream Theater should hire this As I Am character.  :hefdaddy
+1

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »
"Nevermore" is secretly about Kevin Moore.  Haha, just kidding.  Two songs were enough.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2011, 03:33:42 PM »
The extent to which you guys are able to out-cheese each other with these tracklistings is rather impressive :lol

Online Infinite Cactus

• DT.net Member
« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2011, 04:21:05 PM »
Most of the song titles and albums in this thread sound like an Yngwie Malmsteen album. Just cheesier than Cheesasaurus Rex in a power metal band.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2011, 05:48:07 PM »
DT 11

1. Don't fuck my wife 2:36 (James Earl Jones reading facebook posts and tweets over JR's spacey sounds)
2. The elation of hope 5:00 (really rocker, groovy song).
3. The dance of the M&M's 8:16 (instrumental)
4. Paciencia y fe 3:23 (melodic, guitar-driven song. No drums).
5. Let me please explain (lyrics by LaBrie. Again no drums).
6. A homage to a friend 7:12 (LaBrie and JR solo piece).
7. Hey guys where's my coffee? 0:10 (JM).
8. We're not ready yet 5:45 (Experimental song with touches of electronica and lyrics about lawyers. Still no drums)
9. The endless silence 4:32 (minimalist approach with guitar, keys and strings).
9. Bosk1 14:18 (epic closer)

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2011, 05:52:48 PM »
DT 11

1. Don't fuck my wife 2:36 (James Earl Jones reading facebook posts and tweets over JR's spacey sounds)
2. The elation of hope 5:00 (really rocker, groovy song).
3. The dance of the M&M's 8:16 (instrumental)
4. Paciencia y fe 3:23 (melodic, guitar-driven song. No drums).
5. Let me please explain (lyrics by LaBrie. Again no drums).
6. A homage to a friend 7:12 (LaBrie and JR solo piece).
8. We're not ready yet 5:45 (Experimental song with touches of electronica and lyrics about lawyers. Still no drums)
9. The endless silence 4:32 (minimalist approach with guitar, keys and strings).
9. Bosk1 14:18 (epic closer)

:hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #268 on: January 27, 2011, 07:59:24 PM »

:rollin

Offline CrimsonE

« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2011, 10:31:28 PM »
After reading this thread, I figured I'd take a shot at this.  No Artwork as I wouldn't know how to put it together, but I'm picturing a long shot of a field a wheat, with a lone figure in the foreground headed into the horizon, which has the band's logo.

Never-Ending Journey

To Shake the Earth (7:42):  A rocker that is their heaviest album opener since As I Am, this song deals with the drive to succeed. 

Collection (5:50):  A mid-tempo song that could have been a major single in a different era, this song has strains of early 90's Rush and Queensryche.  The lyrics tackle the need to collect and keep the things that fuel our memories. 

Dreams Redefined (10:00):  A slowly building song that addresses how people often have to change their ideals when their initial dreams don't work out. 

Controlled Insanity (8:22):  The first full-on instrumental since Stream of Consciousness, this starts with some acoustic guitar then slams into some heavy rocking, with major tempo changes throughout before closing with the acoustic and some haunting keyboards, which segeues nicely into the next song. 

Security (4:50):  A lovely ballad that comes about as close to radio friendly as DT would ever do, this song deals with the need for people to find emotional stability in their lives. 

Waiting for Progress (13:24):  A very quirky mini-epic with lyrics that deal with technological and emotional progress at the same time.  This song would have a feel of late 80's Fates Warning. 

Fields of Grace (22:23):  The true epic of the album, this is reminiscent of Spock's Beard meets 70's Genesis meets DT today.  It also has the most sweeping outro they've done since Octavarium.  I have no idea what the lyrics could come out of a title like that, but they could potentially be amazing. 
In the heart of your most solemn barren night
When your souls turn inside out
Have you questioned all the madness you invite?
What your life is all about

Offline jsem

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2011, 03:21:17 AM »
DT 11

LOL

Offline jsem

« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2011, 11:47:05 AM »
After reading this thread, I figured I'd take a shot at this.  No Artwork as I wouldn't know how to put it together, but I'm picturing a long shot of a field a wheat, with a lone figure in the foreground headed into the horizon, which has the band's logo.

Never-Ending Journey

To Shake the Earth (7:42):  A rocker that is their heaviest album opener since As I Am, this song deals with the drive to succeed. 

Collection (5:50):  A mid-tempo song that could have been a major single in a different era, this song has strains of early 90's Rush and Queensryche.  The lyrics tackle the need to collect and keep the things that fuel our memories. 

Dreams Redefined (10:00):  A slowly building song that addresses how people often have to change their ideals when their initial dreams don't work out. 

Controlled Insanity (8:22):  The first full-on instrumental since Stream of Consciousness, this starts with some acoustic guitar then slams into some heavy rocking, with major tempo changes throughout before closing with the acoustic and some haunting keyboards, which segeues nicely into the next song. 

Security (4:50):  A lovely ballad that comes about as close to radio friendly as DT would ever do, this song deals with the need for people to find emotional stability in their lives. 

Waiting for Progress (13:24):  A very quirky mini-epic with lyrics that deal with technological and emotional progress at the same time.  This song would have a feel of late 80's Fates Warning. 

Fields of Grace (22:23):  The true epic of the album, this is reminiscent of Spock's Beard meets 70's Genesis meets DT today.  It also has the most sweeping outro they've done since Octavarium.  I have no idea what the lyrics could come out of a title like that, but they could potentially be amazing. 

Controlled Insanity?

Sounds a bit to me like DT's worst album.. Systematic Chaos

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2011, 11:57:04 AM »
1. Sarcastic Green (8:10) - Some crazy Zappa-like comedy track
2. Fuckin Solos, How do they Work? (10:12) - Instrumental
3. We Are Not A Match (5:10) - The single
4. The Best Them (34:52) - Longest epic besides Six Degrees. Will be the most epic thing ever.

Offline jsem

« Reply #274 on: January 28, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
1. Sarcastic Green (8:10) - Some crazy Zappa-like comedy track
3. We Are Not A Match (5:10) - The single
4. The Best Them (34:52) - Longest epic besides Six Degrees. Will be the most epic thing ever.
hahahahahahahaha  :rollin :rollin  :metal :metal :metal :metal

THE BEST THEM  :metal

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #275 on: January 28, 2011, 04:39:34 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol Fuckin' Miracles.

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
  • Mobilizing to contribute to the alliance
« Reply #276 on: January 28, 2011, 06:07:40 PM »
DT's discography has actually come full circle, and from now on they'll just start releasing previous albums in reverse order. DT 11 will be Systematic Chaos and the pattern will continue as such. However, they will claim that it's all new material, and back this up by clever name alterations (Tripping Into a Really Big Number, Pictures and Text, Dark Nimbus's and Shiny Outer Layers, etc.)

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #277 on: January 28, 2011, 10:46:01 PM »
1.  Memes From A Memory (1:38)
      i. inb4lolwut
      ii. lolwut
      iii. not sure if serious
      iv. Upset is nothing for real men!!
      v. cool story, bro
      vi. :neverusethis:

2. Anything having to do with Lonestar is not for pussies (7:00)

3. 2 prog 4 U (48:02)

4. Nuggetz (5:80)

5. Fap App 4000 (Jordan’s masturbatory wanking on an all-new ipad app) (7:77)

6. In Tarrytown They Say That? (Dream Theater covers James and Jordan’s cover of Dream Theater’s SDV) (8:52)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: January 29, 2011, 01:37:37 AM »
:lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline inoku

« Reply #279 on: January 29, 2011, 04:26:22 AM »
 :rollin