News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

I have never seen Star Wars.

Started by Chino, April 01, 2010, 08:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chino

No this is not an April fools. I assume there are a bunch of references on this forum that I don't get.

changing_seasons

TheVoxyn

Adami

No wonder you liked avatar so much.
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

zerogravityfat

glaurung

hefdaddy42

You've seen Avatar 70 times, but you haven't seen Star Wars once?
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Sir GuitarCozmo

RobD

Dimitrius

Quote from: bobafettdaddy42 on April 01, 2010, 08:50:56 AM
You've seen Avatar 70 times, but you haven't seen Star Wars once?
This.

Why the fuck haven't you seen Star Wars?!?!

lonestar

Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

Sigz

King Postwhore

I know someone else like this too.  But he's seen the Family guy episodes.  So he still fails.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

carl320

I find this hard to believe, especially with all the references that have found their way into pop culture...

Watch them now.

Jarlaxle

hefdaddy42

Quote from: Jarlaxle on April 01, 2010, 10:26:34 AM
I have never seen them either
*throws Jarlaxle into the bar fight thread*
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

bout to crash

tri.ad

I haven't seen all parts of it either, but I get most of the references, actually (but not those who go far into detail of the movies).

AcidLameLTE

Quote from: tri.ad on April 01, 2010, 11:49:19 AM
I haven't seen all parts of it either, but I get most of the references, actually (but not those who go far into detail of the movies).
This. I try to watch some of films every now and again but I just can't. I don't understand why people watching them in this day and age still like them. So cornball. A friend and I actually laughed out loud when Darth Vader said "I am your father".

*sets up flameshield*

TheVoxyn

Quote from: acidrainlte on April 01, 2010, 11:52:06 AM
This. I try to watch some of films every now and again but I just can't. I don't understand why people watching them in this day and age still like them. So cornball. A friend and I actually laughed out loud when Darth Vader said "I am your father".

*sets up flameshield*
:flame: :flame: :flame:

Jarlaxle

Quote from: bobafettdaddy42 on April 01, 2010, 10:31:19 AM
Quote from: Jarlaxle on April 01, 2010, 10:26:34 AM
I have never seen them either
*throws Jarlaxle into the bar fight thread*

*returns with a flying dropkick to the helmet*

Fluffy Lothario

*sets up flameshield*
Luke's response is even more pathetic.

But hey, what a classic scene. Completely flawless. Perfect cinema. Beyond criticism.

Sigz

Quote from: Fluffy Lothario on April 01, 2010, 12:40:43 PM

*sets up flameshield*

But hey, what a classic scene. Completely flawless. Perfect cinema. Beyond criticism.

I don't think anyone has ever called that scene 'perfect cinema'.

ReaperKK

I've seen them but they aren't that epic.

AcidLameLTE

Quote from: Fluffy Lothario on April 01, 2010, 12:40:43 PM

*sets up flameshield*

Don't worry, I'm sure Reapster will turn up soon to tell us about how we're both wrong.

Fluffy Lothario

Quote from: Sigz on April 01, 2010, 12:42:47 PM
I don't think anyone has ever called that scene 'perfect cinema'.
Exaggeration for effect.

To an extent.

Logical Nightmare

You know, even I have.

Except from episode six that I mostly slept through - it was a little too boring to watch at 01.00 after five other Star Wars movies. BUT STILL.

Progmetty

Me neither Chino, I have all six movies and I try so hard every now and then to start watching them but I get like 15 minutes in maximum and I'm so uninterested I actually start to stare at the ceiling and drift away.
But I keep trying, cause it's an important part of our pop culture, I still haven't seen the Family Guy parodies because I know they wouldn't be funny if I haven't watched Star Wars first.
I'll keep trying though, I trust one day I'll get there heh

ZBomber

This thread makes me so sad. Star Wars is amazing. My whole childhood consisted of me and my friend watching the movies, collecting the action figures, reading the books, playing the games.... I didn't know it was even possible that people could live that long without seeing it. :p

Progmetty

That was Back To The Future trilogy for me

emindead

I saw we shall ban them for the rest of the week. After that make them a pop quiz about Star Wars, if they don't pass the minimum score, chao.

Acidiainlte, Tri.iainad, Chiaino, Mettlol :bosk1:

Ghurdrich

I actually haven't seen all the original trilogy either. Well, okay, that's a lie. I have seen them, but it was a long time ago, and I don't remember. I get most of the references, though. I just never really saw what all the hype was about.

pogoowner

Quote from: metty on April 01, 2010, 01:14:26 PM
That was Back To The Future trilogy for me
The original Star Wars trilogy, the Back to the Future trilogy, and the original Indiana Jones trilogy are an essential part of any child's development, if you ask me.

sneakyblueberry

I used to skip school to watch all 3 back to back on VHS.

Get with teh times.

Dublagent66

You must remedy this situation Chino.  I don't think you'll be disappointed unless you just totally hate SciFi.