The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing?? MastoDONE!

Started by TAC, November 07, 2021, 05:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Quote from: jingle.boy on November 10, 2021, 10:44:40 AM

That is pretty much the entire round.

Am I missing something, or is there a reason no one sent anything from Infinity (cuz it's probably what I most enjoy from Devy).

It's probably why no one sent anything from it. ;D
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Lonk

Quote from: 425 on November 10, 2021, 10:53:34 AM
Quote from: Cyril on November 10, 2021, 10:36:20 AM
What two songs were those  :lol

I went hunting because I was curious, too, and it looks like they were In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 and Welcome Home.

I can definitely understand a prog fan liking only IKSoSE3. And I guess there's a reason Welcome Home was a hit, although it was never among my favorites.

aahhh, the staples at every Coheed show. While good songs, no where near the best Coheed has to offer. But everyone has different taste so what do I know.

Buddyhunter1

(fortunately or unfortunately depending on your POV), 12 songs were not available on Spotify Canada.

Devin's Canadian, so I dunno what the fuck is up with that. :lol

And I considered sending Bad Devil as that's one of his best songs, but I actually find Infinity to be one of his weakest albums overall. It's kind of a mess and not in a way I find particularly endearing.

lonestar

Quote from: TAC on November 10, 2021, 11:02:20 AM

That is pretty much the entire round.

Am I missing something, or is there a reason no one sent anything from Infinity (cuz it's probably what I most enjoy from Devy).

Maybe you could've if you know... You had fucking played you wuss.

TAC

OK, well there's still songs and impressions that need to be paired.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

ProfessorPeart

The impression for my other song is one of them that you haven't paired yet.

Did I get it right?
Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AMbeul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PMPardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history.

wolfking

TAC

Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 10, 2021, 11:19:49 AM
The impression for my other song is one of them that you haven't paired yet.

Did I get it right?

You have to match your song, Suicide, with one of the impressions.

Quote from: wolfking on November 10, 2021, 11:20:32 AM
Heavy duty shit?

No but it does qualify!

ProfessorPeart

Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AMbeul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PMPardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on November 10, 2021, 11:04:55 AM
(fortunately or unfortunately depending on your POV), 12 songs were not available on Spotify Canada.

Devin's Canadian, so I dunno what the fuck is up with that. :lol

My thought exactly!  Blame the label!
Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on November 10, 2021, 11:02:20 AM

It's probably why no one sent anything from it. ;D

Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

TAC

Crow

i also considered bad devil and might be regretting not sending that come results idk

ariich

Likewise I also considered Bad Devil. :lol It was between that and Vampira for the fun metal side I wanted to include, and I felt that Bad Devil might be a bit on the wacky/quirky side for Tim.

I agree with Buddy that Infinity is a messy album, but unlike Buddy that doesn't bother me too much and I still think it's great overall.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

jingle.boy

Quote from: ariich on November 10, 2021, 12:42:50 PM
Likewise I also considered Bad Devil. :lol It was between that and Vampira for the fun metal side I wanted to include, and I felt that Bad Devil might be a bit on the wacky/quirky side for Tim.

I agree with Buddy that Infinity is a messy album, but unlike Buddy that doesn't bother me too much and I still think it's great overall.

Bad Devil was one of the first DT songs I ever heard (live, with AVG, on ProgNation at Sea).  So much fucking fun.

TAC

Just checked Bad Devil.

You made the right choice.

ariich

Quote from: TAC on November 10, 2021, 12:53:13 PM

Just checked Bad Devil.

You made the right choice.
:tup

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Crow

TAC

TAC

Quote from: TAC on November 10, 2021, 05:23:09 AM
OK, here's the second grouping of First Impressions..

Not sure the Live version really adds much but it's still cool.[Kingdom (Live)-Romdrums]

Really cool rhythm guitar to start. Quite a bit of variety for a song this length.[Planet Smasher-Kwijibo]

Kind of hectic, even a bit monotonous. Nice drum patterns near the end.[Skesis-Buddy]

The chorus is the best part of this, Love the ending too..[Supercrush!-Lonestar]

Great opening guitar! Not a fan of Mid Tempo, but it works here.[Deadhead-LudwigVan, Puppies]

Sounds like from a play or something. Almost choral in parts.[Sumeria-Cyril]

Driving tune with a steady beat. Might be too driving and too steady though.[Regulator-Elite]

The first half was amazing, almost Styx-ish, but it peters out by the end.[Stormbending-Kingshmegland]

A very nice and simple tune. A nice change from the noise. But is it good enough?[Life-VMadera, HOF]

Feels like there should be some animation to go with this.[March Of The Poozers-Evermind]

This song is some heavy duty shit. Deep track that will need more listens.[Suicide-Professor]

My name is mud. Not to be confused with Bill or Jack or Steve[Love?-Wolfking]

Totally enhances the studio version[Deep Peace (Live)-Stadler]

Love the vocals in this song. Really cool rhythm guitars too.[Vampira-Ariich]

My first impression is that you cannot give a first impression with just one listen. This song is loaded.[Higher-425]

Buddyhunter1

wolfking

If Love? Is mud, you'd have have very hard time with SYL in general.

TAC

Quote from: wolfking on November 10, 2021, 05:23:52 PM

My Name Is Mud is a reference to a Primus song. Love? made me think of it. Though yes, I feel like SYL would be my least favorite Devin Era.

TAC

TAC

While I may have trouble with Strapping Young Lad, at least I will always have Strapping Young Chad.

Buddyhunter1

TAC

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: TAC on November 10, 2021, 05:31:59 PM
While I may have trouble with Strapping Young Lad, at least I will always have Strapping Young Chad.

The other bald Canadian :lol
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on November 10, 2021, 05:29:48 PM
Quote from: wolfking on November 10, 2021, 05:23:52 PM

My Name Is Mud is a reference to a Primus song. Love? made me think of it. Though yes, I feel like SYL would be my least favorite Devin Era.

Ah.  Not overly familiar with Primus.

Strapping Young Chad  :lol

jingle.boy

My gifpression of SYC ....

a long long time ago, when some DTF'r first saw a picture of me (I forget who it was), they proclaimed I was the love-child of Devy + JR.

TAC

Lonk

TAC

Roulette Progress Report!

Spent yesterday (my day off) making headway in this round. I have writeups pretty much eked out, and I am working on song rankings. I have a top to bottom list of songs, and there's still a little jockeying for position. Except for a couple of tunes, the huge majority of songs gets better with each listen.

I have heard of Anneke Van Giersbergen, but I've never actually heard her. I didn't realize that she's had a long relationship singing with Devin. A couple of you sent songs that featured her and I must say that was a stealth move. I spent a lot of last night watching live footage of her with Devin and DAMN! Spectacular. Makes me want to have an Anneke Round.

It has come to my attention that there's not a ton of Neal Morse on Spotify. I can't handle 25-30 youtube links. Are there any Neal Morse experts that have all of his stuff that could make me a playlist?