Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 323546 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #3955 on: April 30, 2024, 11:24:10 AM »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3956 on: May 01, 2024, 05:10:39 AM »
It was indeed! it makes me optimistic for the album.

Thinkiing waaaaaaaay ahead, unless something dramatic happens and the band does not retire for good, when they will come back, will they do another album or they will do a "we missed you guys" kind of tour? playing, let's say, only in 2027 songs that were released in 2024? what I mean, will we get a "Winterwynde tour" three or four years belated, a greatest hits tour, or a tour for album 11? well, let's start to enjoy this album for now  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3957 on: May 21, 2024, 08:55:56 AM »
New song is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHCaZmIzr0o

Sounds kind of like NW of the last two albums to me, very familiar sound and style.  Good song after one listen.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3958 on: May 21, 2024, 08:56:48 AM »
New song is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHCaZmIzr0o

Sounds kind of like NW of the last two albums to me, very familiar sound and style.  Good song after one listen.

Song was fine. Like you said, same as last two albums, which doesn't do much for me.

But that video....eesh. That's a rough video.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3959 on: May 21, 2024, 11:52:01 AM »
Song is quite cool, I'm confident for the album.

The video is only going to be a "problem" until the album will be out, then, who's even gonna watch it anyway?  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3960 on: May 21, 2024, 12:42:30 PM »
It sounds exactly how the current Nightwish lineup would sound.

I love them utilizing Floors operatic vocals more and the orchestration. Reminds me of a blend of Pendulum and The Poet, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, and Procession.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3961 on: May 21, 2024, 12:52:08 PM »
Reminds me of a blend of Pendulum and The Poet, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, and Procession.

Yeah, I can see that. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3962 on: May 21, 2024, 01:17:51 PM »
Music video is amazing by the way
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3963 on: May 21, 2024, 01:19:38 PM »
I was thinking it was my work laptop, but seems a lot of people are saying what I felt... the mix sucks.  Floor is too low.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3964 on: May 21, 2024, 01:34:06 PM »
I was thinking it was my work laptop, but seems a lot of people are saying what I felt... the mix sucks.  Floor is too low.

She is not. The main focus is the music and how her vocals mix with it. That's the entire premise of Music and Noise.

Sometimes vocals need to be mixed lower than the music in order to bring out the presentation and purpose of the art.

Online Adami

« Reply #3965 on: May 21, 2024, 01:34:48 PM »

Okay, so it wasn't just me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online gazinwales

« Reply #3966 on: May 21, 2024, 03:09:29 PM »
She is not. The main focus is the music and how her vocals mix with it. That's the entire premise of Music and Noise.

Sometimes vocals need to be mixed lower than the music in order to bring out the presentation and purpose of the art.

The mix sounds fine to me, listened through my Bose Atmos bar and it was fantastic.
Best thing for me is how good everything sounds, even the drums have a nice punch.
For me this is NW best lead off single since Nemo.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3967 on: May 21, 2024, 04:17:11 PM »
Listening on my work headphones and it's much better, but Floor is still too low in the mix IMO.  She's just too good and powerful to not be a bit louder. Orchestration is louder than her.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3968 on: May 21, 2024, 08:59:18 PM »
Listening on my work headphones and it's much better, but Floor is still too low in the mix IMO.  She's just too good and powerful to not be a bit louder. Orchestration is louder than her.

Did you even read my post.  :lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3969 on: Today at 02:46:47 AM »

Only in the chorus, I liked that Troy sang it at the end so I could understand it better  :D

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #3970 on: Today at 03:50:49 AM »
I don't dislike it...

It's a bit same old, same old. Tuomas does need to find some new influences, there's nothing new and exciting here. Hopefully there's something a bit different on the album, coz they're in danger of becoming boring.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3971 on: Today at 06:39:42 AM »
I don't dislike it...

It's a bit same old, same old. Tuomas does need to find some new influences, there's nothing new and exciting here. Hopefully there's something a bit different on the album, coz they're in danger of becoming boring.

That's how I felt.  I used to get really excited for new Nightwish releases.  This was pretty standard for them, and I agree that Floor's vocals aren't as high in the mix as I'd like. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3972 on: Today at 09:10:54 AM »
Did you even read my post.  :lol

Yeah, it sounds like Toumas BS where he wants to be louder than Floor.  I dont agree with it, at all.

Online Adami

« Reply #3973 on: Today at 09:14:32 AM »
Yeah, it sounds like Toumas BS where he wants to be louder than Floor.  I dont agree with it, at all.

I don't think anyone from the band said anything about it.

Some times people just make up stuff to justify things. If Tuomas or anyone from the band made an official statement on the levels of her vocals (on the chorus I think mostly) then I have not seen it. Will gladly admit to being wrong if they made an announcement.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3974 on: Today at 09:24:56 AM »
I don't think anyone from the band said anything about it.

Some times people just make up stuff to justify things. If Tuomas or anyone from the band made an official statement on the levels of her vocals (on the chorus I think mostly) then I have not seen it. Will gladly admit to being wrong if they made an announcement.

You are right, that's what a lot of the responses were from reddit and I went with it when I see Ben's response because that's referencing Toumas' songs, which are in a way, his words.

Online Adami

« Reply #3975 on: Today at 09:30:17 AM »
You are right, that's what a lot of the responses were from reddit and I went with it when I see Ben's response because that's referencing Toumas' songs, which are in a way, his words.

We tend to think that because the artist has a lot of resources, that absolutely nothing could possibly be missed or not be exactly what the artist intended or that what the artist intended always has to be more than "it sounded cool."

Kick drums too high on Systematic Chaos? They thought it sounded cool.
Weird vocal glitch on "people just don't have the time for music anymore"? Likely something they just missed.
Floor being too low on the chorus (I think it's the chorus)? Either they didn't notice or they thought it sounded cool.
Missing beat right before the solo to Stairway to Heaven? Just how they happened to play it that day.

Doesn't usually mean much more than that, though sometimes it does. But people, many of us, are creative and you can always....ALWAYS...come up with a story to justify whatever you want.

Kick drums too high on Systematic Chaos? They represent the furiosity and sense of attack of the characters in the songs.
Weird vocal glitch on The Astonishing? A commentary on artificial artifacts on modern music and the impact it has on people's attention spans.
Floor being too low on the chorus? A commentary on our relationship between music and vocals and reliance on vocals in modern music.
Missing beat before solo in Stairway to Heaven? Commentary about people rushing to get to the rewards in life.

It's easy, and usually meaningless.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3976 on: Today at 09:36:25 AM »
Sure, it's also one song, on youtube. DOesn't mean much, but it's fun to talk about.  I wouldn't take this stuff too seriously, but it's a detriment to the song that Floor isn't like a notch higher on volume in this particular instance IMO.   I think, a lot of people seem to lump something like that with Floor being under utilized in the band.  Given the history of the band, it's hard not to think there could be a power struggle if you want to extrapolate further.  Of course, that's a fan theory, but once again, fun to just discuss and not based on something someone said.  Nightwish as a band are just so full of drama.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3977 on: Today at 09:42:37 AM »
Sure, it's also one song, on youtube. DOesn't mean much, but it's fun to talk about.  I wouldn't take this stuff too seriously, but it's a detriment to the song that Floor isn't like a notch higher on volume in this particular instance IMO.   I think, a lot of people seem to lump something like that with Floor being under utilized in the band.  Given the history of the band, it's hard not to think there could be a power struggle if you want to extrapolate further.  Of course, that's a fan theory, but once again, fun to just discuss and not based on something someone said.  Nightwish as a band are just so full of drama.

It's not a detrimental aspect.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3978 on: Today at 10:06:30 AM »
It's not a detrimental aspect.

For you.  To the other people commenting, it is.