Author Topic: The "Apple Inc." Thread iPad Mini  (Read 256781 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: The "Apple Inc." Thread iPad Mini
« Reply #3465 on: August 07, 2013, 09:34:18 AM »
$1500 for an 11" display  :'(

>Apple
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • ţađ besta sem guđ hefur skapađ er nýr dagur
« Reply #3466 on: August 07, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »
How do you find the 11" screen? I don't think I could ever get anything done on that.

That's exactly how I felt too.

I was pretty much dead set on getting the 13 inch, but when I went to the Apple store to check it out, I decided to goof around with the 11 inch for the hell of it. I played with both of them for a while, going back and forth between the two, and ended up falling in love with the 11 inch.

Ultimately, before I got my hands on it, the 11 inch seemed too small, but after using it all day yesterday, It feels perfect.
Cool. :) Enjoy. I like the space I have on my 15" MBP, but granted it is heavy to drag around everywhere.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #3467 on: September 18, 2013, 12:43:15 AM »
iOS7 is almost here!!!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3468 on: September 18, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »
You know what's better than iOS 7? A version of Android from like three years ago  :P

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #3469 on: September 18, 2013, 04:21:26 PM »
Dude, friend showed me iOS 7 today, it's actually pretty fucking neato burrito  :P
agh, it takes sooooo long, I've gone through CHVRCHES album and closing up on Carcass's Surgical Steel.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:42:37 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3470 on: September 19, 2013, 01:26:55 PM »
iOS7 is really neato!

The only compaint I have is how it shows huge album art in the music app. Now I have to scroll 3 times as much to get to where I'm going. :(

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #3471 on: September 19, 2013, 01:34:15 PM »
^^this. Also it seems my battery life has worsened.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3472 on: September 19, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »
iOS7 is really neato!

The only compaint I have is how it shows huge album art in the music app. Now I have to scroll 3 times as much to get to where I'm going. :(

I'm really not liking it so far, one of the reasons being what you stated. Apple has wasted space everywhere. I HATE what they've done with the folders. It only shows 9 icons at a time, and you now have to scroll through the folders. I thought the point of the folders (outside of organization) was to not have to scroll left and right so much.

I mean, look at this. SO much wasted space. They could have made that window a little bigger, and 16 icons would have easily fit in it. Stupid.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #3473 on: September 19, 2013, 01:36:10 PM »
True, but maybe they will update that. You couldn't fit a lot more icons on the iPhone screen.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3474 on: September 19, 2013, 01:38:56 PM »
True, but maybe they will update that. You couldn't fit a lot more icons on the iPhone screen.

I understand that, but there's got to be at least 100 million iPads out there by now.... I feel like that should have been addressed immediately. I can' t be the only user that feels this way. I'm amazed that Apple didn't see an issue with it.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #3475 on: September 19, 2013, 01:41:06 PM »
I'm completely loving it so far, in fact, my battery life is actually a bit better now, ain't that pretty neat?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3476 on: September 19, 2013, 01:42:18 PM »
I much prefer the new swipe to cancel app manager.

Also like the new swipe up menu to access torch, music player etc etc.  :tup

Oh - and if you have a static wallpaper - tilt your phone and the wallpaper moves with the phone providing a nice 3D effect for your icons.  :tup

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3477 on: September 19, 2013, 01:43:35 PM »
I much prefer the new swipe to cancel app manager.

How does that work?

Also, is there a way I can quickly change my brightness setting? I used to be able to just double tap the home icon, now that feature is gone. Do I have to go into my settings each time, or did they change the shortcut?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3478 on: September 19, 2013, 01:46:20 PM »
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get a new menu.

Also - double click home button and then swipe open apps to the top of the screen to cancel them.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3479 on: September 19, 2013, 01:53:12 PM »
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get a new menu.

Also - double click home button and then swipe open apps to the top of the screen to cancel them.

Ugh. I'm sure that works great on a phone when you primarily use your thumb, but that's not very user-friendly on an iPad. I really hope some things get changed.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3480 on: September 19, 2013, 01:54:34 PM »
No I use my index finger mainly :p

I cant type with two thumbs. Never been able to do it . :dunno:

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3481 on: September 19, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »
iOS7 is really neato!

I'm really not liking it so far, one of the reasons being what you stated. Apple has wasted space everywhere. I HATE what they've done with the folders. It only shows 9 icons at a time, and you now have to scroll through the folders. I thought the point of the folders (outside of organization) was to not have to scroll left and right so much.

I mean, look at this. SO much wasted space. They could have made that window a little bigger, and 16 icons would have easily fit in it. Stupid.

I can see the reasoning for it, as I can't tell you how many times I've stared at one of my 16-app folders unable to quickly find the app I want. While increasing empty space makes it look so....empty, it also makes identifying and selecting the correct app a bit easier.

I haven't updated yet, to wait out issues that I know will crop up in the first few weeks.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3482 on: September 19, 2013, 02:06:48 PM »
iOS7 is really neato!

I can see the reasoning for it, as I can't tell you how many times I've stared at one of my 16-app folders unable to quickly find the app I want. While increasing empty space makes it look so....empty, it also makes identifying and selecting the correct app a bit easier.

I haven't updated yet, to wait out issues that I know will crop up in the first few weeks.

That's why I alphabetize them all! I want my old iPad back :(

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3483 on: September 20, 2013, 10:30:44 AM »
I like the cover view in Music Player - and being able to close multiple apps at once .

The new " By The Seaside " ringtone is  :rollin

Offline Cable

« Reply #3484 on: September 21, 2013, 11:15:36 AM »
Enjoying iOS 7 a lot on an iPhone 5. As this is my first iOS device, the change is not hard for me. And the borrowing of things from Android is obvious. Now Apple and Google are equal, as Android ripped iOS to begin.
---

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3485 on: September 22, 2013, 05:04:32 PM »
Ugh... I hate how the got rid of the Google bar next to the URL bar. That was so convenient.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3486 on: September 22, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »
But the URL bar IS the search bar ?!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #3487 on: September 22, 2013, 05:49:18 PM »
I think he mean a search box that automatically sends you to the Google search engine.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #3488 on: September 23, 2013, 12:15:46 AM »
Yeah, you can just type it in the "URL" bar, like in google chrome. If it's not an URL it will go to google search.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3489 on: September 23, 2013, 01:16:16 AM »
The new design seems to be made to be more user friendly. I was a bit worried at first, since it wouldn't be the first time Apple would screw up functionality for looks, but I'm really loving iOS 7!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3490 on: September 23, 2013, 01:30:31 PM »
There goes the fingerprint "security":

https://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/09/iphone-fingerprint-cracked/

Not really surprising. Mythbusters did a whole episode on breaking into biometric systems, and fingerprints were one of the easiest to break. What's disturbing is that Apple would make those patently false claims about the security of it.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3491 on: September 23, 2013, 02:40:34 PM »
There goes the fingerprint "security":

https://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/09/iphone-fingerprint-cracked/

Not really surprising. Mythbusters did a whole episode on breaking into biometric systems, and fingerprints were one of the easiest to break. What's disturbing is that Apple would make those patently false claims about the security of it.

This was inevitable. The iPhone only reads the print, correct? I don't think it has the more advanced biometric systems (temperature monitor, pulse, etc.. ). I was reading that there were firms offering as much as $13k-$14k to the first people to find a work around.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3492 on: September 23, 2013, 04:58:10 PM »
I would never use that anyway. I don't even put a 4 digit pin on my phone.

I'm extremely careful and always make sure i've got my phone with me.

I've never ever left my mobile anywhere. And i've only ever broken one mobile in my life.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3493 on: September 23, 2013, 05:06:04 PM »
I don't lock mine either. If I lose it/leave it somewhere. I want someone to be able to contact someone I recently messaged and let them know they found it. I've returned two phones that way. Had they been locked, I wouldn't have even known what to do with them.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #3494 on: September 23, 2013, 05:08:41 PM »
I lock mine, but I think I pulled up the phone/contact list while it was locked, so I'm not too worried.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3495 on: September 24, 2013, 05:24:39 AM »
I've accidentally dropped my 4S on the floor a few times and there's not a scratch on it whilst I dropped my old Samsung on the the floor once and it totally shattered.

4S are proper tough.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3496 on: September 24, 2013, 08:11:19 AM »
I've accidentally dropped my 4S on the floor a few times and there's not a scratch on it whilst I dropped my old Samsung on the the floor once and it totally shattered.

4S are proper tough.

My Razr HD Maxx has been dropped on pavement from talking height three times, has been dropped in a toilet twice, and has taken a tumble down an entire flight of stairs. I have no case, and no scratches.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3497 on: September 24, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »
iOS7 is really neato!

So far I don't like it.  I'm in the album section of the music app and it's showing the album song order out of sequence like it's on permanent shuffle.  Now, it looks like I can't listen to an album from beginning to end.  WTF?  Is there a way to put the song order back in sequence?  Turning shuffle on or off doesn't seem to work.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3498 on: September 24, 2013, 11:13:34 AM »
Did you try checking the tags on itunes? That's all I can think of.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3499 on: September 24, 2013, 11:52:11 AM »
I went to Ask.com and others are having the same issue.  However, if you sort by "Artist", the songs are in the correct order.  ???  Others have said that resetting the settings fixes it, but then you have to redo everything in settings.  That's not an option for me.  I should've waited to download this upgrade.  If they can't get something this simple done right, who knows what other glitches need to be fixed.   :\

BTW, I'm experiencing this problem on my iPad 2.  Maybe that has something to do with it?  Who knows?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White