Author Topic: Vocal cover of Dream Theater's Wither - What do you think?  (Read 867 times)

Offline NuclearAnton

• Fjodor
Vocal cover of Dream Theater's Wither - What do you think?
« on: January 13, 2010, 10:55:47 AM »
Hi!

I've been singing for a couple of years now, and been experimenting with a lot of different styles.
I've always been leaning towards rock/metal, and been the frontman of a couple of metal bands.

I'm currently a singer without a band, so I spend a lot of time playing and recording on my own, and my latest project
is a vocal cover of "Wither"!

It's not complete yet, the second half of the song is still to be recorded, but I would love to get some feedback on my progress so far!
So what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiOpBPdvmM4

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Vocal cover of Dream Theater's Wither - What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »
Really good, you have a very full voice with a great and unique tone.  I'm not sure what to think about the vibrato, as it seems a little too "perfect".  You are a little flat in some spots, but you really nailed the high part in "I breeeeeeaaaaaak down".  Great job, and keep up the good work.   :tup

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 03:07:02 PM »
Very, very good job. You've got a great voice. A couple little pitch issues like Fiery Winds said, but I'm really very impressed.

Offline NuclearAnton

• Fjodor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 05:24:42 AM »
Thanks a lot for the feedback!
this song is a challange since there are a lot of phrases that are high-pitched,
so it's a relief to hear someone elses opinion, since I only hear the flaws in my voice myself.

I got really sick right before christmas, possibly the swine flu, so my singing voice has been somewhat broken since,
but it's finally started to recover so I hope to be able to record the rest of the song next week!

Thanks!