Author Topic: MP now on Twitter  (Read 13541 times)

Offline robwebster

Re: MP now on Twitter
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 12:35:29 PM »
Why? It's the truth.
Yeah, seriously. Why should anyone be offended by "personally, earthquakes freak me the fuck out?" Rightly so! They're called natural disasters! Of COURSE he's going to want to get out. The Chilean response was really dumb. Although, as always, it was just a select few taking it personally for some bizarre reason and making the country look bad.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline XianL

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 01:02:15 PM »
If Chileans actually gave him flak for that, they are morons.  Anyone with a brain who values their life would want to get the hell out an area that just had a major earthquake and tons of almost equally scary aftershocks.  Heck, most bands woulda got the hell out of there and not played the freaking show, so get real, peeps.

100% agreed.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 01:56:30 PM »
I personally feel that MP was within his right to say that. Earthquakes are scary, and I'm sure anyone that is in one, would want to be somewhere else at that time.

I don't understand why there are so many DT fans that start freaking out the moment MP says something that they feel they either don't agree with or somehow offends them. 99% of bands don't have nearly the communication with the fans that MP and JR do. We should be happy that they communicate with us on almost a daily basis, and instead we bitch at them when we disagree.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 03:52:16 PM »
Wanting to get out of a place after a major earthquake is a little like closing the barn door after the cows have already escaped. The damage is already done, and you might come off as a little selfish because finding good accommodations might be difficult, or you don't want to be around while everyone else tries to pick up the pieces.

If, however, there are still major aftershocks going on, I can totally see why one might want to leave when one could, especially if it is going to affect air travel.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2010, 04:25:54 PM »
This is a public relations nightmare (to remember).

MP made the comment innocently, and I get that, but it looks really insensitive. He needs to realize that with an open Twitter account, he needs to be guarded with what he says.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2010, 05:13:56 PM »
I don't get it, I understood his comments clearly. The ground is shaking for goodness sake, chill out people!

Offline robwebster

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 06:31:31 PM »

MP made the comment innocently, and I get that, but it looks really insensitive. He needs to realize that with an open Twitter account, he needs to be guarded with what he says.
I'd rather he were sincere and open than he minced his words out of fear that twenty or so shitehawks might read too much into it and get in a tizz. I follow him because I want to see what Mike Portnoy has to say, not to read some sugar coated uber-censored fairy tale about how everything's lovely. If he's freaked out by an earthquake then let him say he's freaked out by the earthquake! That's the whole point!

Storm in a teacup. Let them be offended! They'll get over themselves. Not his fault some porcelain dolls have decided they're suddenly horrified that their favourite band aren't over the moon about the ground going all wobbly.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:37:34 PM by robwebster »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 06:47:49 PM »
Why is this a big deal?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2010, 07:00:59 PM »
Why is this a big deal?
I have no idea.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2010, 07:18:57 PM »
I sometimes wish I could tell Mike that, no matter how good his attentions are, trying to "fix" things on the internet almost always makes them worse than they were before.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2010, 08:14:08 PM »
Quote from: Mike Portnoy
The Santiago show rocked as expected...and we didn't even cover "You Shook Me All Night Long"!!! : ) Onto Buenos Aires tomorrow.......
Come on, MP! That was a bad joke to make!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2010, 09:09:36 PM »
Quote from: Mike Portnoy
The Santiago show rocked as expected...and we didn't even cover "You Shook Me All Night Long"!!! : ) Onto Buenos Aires tomorrow.......
Come on, MP! That was a bad joke to make!

I lol'd.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2010, 09:29:12 PM »
I lol'd too, then went :| that's a bad joke.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2010, 09:43:07 PM »
I didn't even realize it was about the earthquake :|
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2010, 10:25:27 PM »
I didn't even realize it was about the earthquake :|
I didn't either... until I read your post. I'd say that's pretty funny.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2010, 10:39:43 PM »
If anything, this proves that Twitter is the downfall of humanity.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2010, 02:58:38 AM »
If anything, this proves that Twitter is the downfall of humanity.
Finally, some common sense.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline EmilSumm

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2010, 09:02:16 AM »
Just to make it clear, most of us didn't think of Mike as a coward for being uncomfortable. We know the guys aren't used to this kind of things, and most of us are very thankful to the band for playing even after the aftersock.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »

Offline bluehaze

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2010, 08:17:55 PM »
Well, this Florida boy would freakout as well. Yeah we get hurricanes, but not something that can kill thousands in a few seconds. Mike, Forget about Chile and those earthquakes and come to Florida where it is nice this time of year and the ground don't shake (unless you are over a sinkhole) ;)

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2010, 08:21:17 PM »
Just to make it clear, most of us didn't think of Mike as a coward for being uncomfortable. We know the guys aren't used to this kind of things, and most of us are very thankful to the band for playing even after the aftersock.

A few outspoken fans are all it takes for Mike to write a song about them

Offline bluehaze

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »
...off topic, I rode on the Myung Jin bus in South Korea back in 1992. Does that count for anything:;)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2010, 01:22:53 AM »
Was it red? In that case: You rode the red.

:neverusethis:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2010, 10:22:31 AM »
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2010, 11:33:39 AM »

I'd rather he were sincere and open than he minced his words out of fear that twenty or so shitehawks might read too much into it and get in a tizz. I follow him because I want to see what Mike Portnoy has to say, not to read some sugar coated uber-censored fairy tale about how everything's lovely. If he's freaked out by an earthquake then let him say he's freaked out by the earthquake! That's the whole point!

Storm in a teacup. Let them be offended! They'll get over themselves. Not his fault some porcelain dolls have decided they're suddenly horrified that their favourite band aren't over the moon about the ground going all wobbly.

Oh, I agree with you, I'd rather see what MP says rather than have him censored. Absolutely. But my career deals specifically in journalism/communications/public relations, and so from just that standpoint, MP made a blunder. That's all I was saying.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2010, 02:30:36 PM »

Oh, I agree with you, I'd rather see what MP says rather than have him censored. Absolutely. But my career deals specifically in journalism/communications/public relations, and so from just that standpoint, MP made a blunder. That's all I was saying.
Yeah I know what you mean. I agree that MP should be allow to be honest and say what he feels, but at the same time, he knows that whenever he says anything even close to controversial, people kick up a storm, so it's surprising he doesn't choose his words more carefully sometimes.

Ah well.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
MP wasnt wrong at all in this situation

Offline In The Wake Of Poseidon

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2010, 03:06:38 AM »
Mike Portnoy hates black people

Offline EmilSumm

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2010, 06:07:04 PM »

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2010, 10:35:56 PM »
Final concert of the tour! JR's backstage video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyyYy2pIgB4

I was the first to see it (note the "0 Views"), felt like bragging:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2010, 10:36:38 PM »

Online BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2010, 01:37:06 PM »
I was first to watch a JCRUDESS vid too once :D And that would be my reaciton too if I were at those aftershock etc...wierd thing to arguing about :S

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2010, 05:22:20 AM »
Breaking news: Kevin Jonas knows who Mike Portnoy is

Quote from:  MP'sTwitter
Strange: running into Kevin Jonas (of the Jonas Brothers) at baggage claim at LAX...Even stranger: he knows who I am! : )

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2010, 05:23:43 AM »
Someone call Reuters and AP
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."