Author Topic: The Official Shinedown Thread  (Read 4732 times)

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
Re: The Official Shinedown Thread
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »
I was considering to create a Shinedown thread but found this one, so...

New album out, I'm halfway through and gladly not disappointed so far as I was with Threat To Survival. Brent is sharp as always! Still has a major pop/rap influence than the older albums... Anyone gave it a try?

Offline Anguyen92

Re: The Official Shinedown Thread
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2018, 09:19:27 AM »
I listened to it and quite frankly, I found it worst than Threat to Survival (I didn't like Threat to Survival as a whole, but there were a few songs that I like that I would listen to again).  I don't think there was one song from that album that I liked on first listen and would not bother listening to it again.

Big fan of their first three album (particularly, Us and Them and Leave A Whisper) and Amaryllis was enjoyable, but Shinedown going into the new direction that they have been going in the last two albums is making me not enjoy them anymore.  Change is good for a band.  Change is healthy.  Look at Steven Wilson.  Look at Myles Kennedy.  They did things on their latest solo album that people did not expect them to do or anticipate on doing, but they still deliver a compelling front-to-back album.  That said, if change leads to me not enjoying their latest songs anymore, then I just don't want any part of it and that's the case with Shinedown.

Big ups to those people that like the new direction that Shinedown are heading towards, it's just not for me, but that's fine.