Author Topic: Marillion  (Read 233157 times)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
Re: Marillion
« Reply #595 on: October 29, 2013, 05:41:32 AM »
Yes, it is.... :tup
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #596 on: November 01, 2013, 08:08:22 PM »
...and so is Misplaced Childhood (especially live.)

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #597 on: December 15, 2013, 12:16:40 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #598 on: December 15, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »
...and so is Misplaced Childhood (especially live.)

1986 concert cred.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #599 on: December 15, 2013, 03:51:06 PM »
Is the new Fish album a masterpiece or what? I never thought it would be as good if not better than the last one.

I need to get this, but I can't find it in the US like on Amazon in physical format?

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #600 on: December 18, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »
Listening to Marbles today. Lots of fantastic moments on this record. I'm becoming a huge fan of Steve Rothery.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #601 on: December 24, 2013, 04:24:21 PM »

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #602 on: December 24, 2013, 04:26:12 PM »
Listening to Marbles today. Lots of fantastic moments on this record. I'm becoming a huge fan of Steve Rothery.

You'll enjoy this then.

Merry Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIT9ZvcECAo

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #603 on: December 24, 2013, 04:30:47 PM »
Is the new Fish album a masterpiece or what? I never thought it would be as good if not better than the last one.

I need to get this, but I can't find it in the US like on Amazon in physical format?

www.fishheadsclub.com

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #604 on: December 26, 2013, 01:36:30 PM »

www.fishheadsclub.com

Yeah I know, I just don't want to import it.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #605 on: December 27, 2013, 06:22:51 PM »

www.fishheadsclub.com

Yeah I know, I just don't want to import it.

Not 100 percent positive, but I think it's the only way you can get it at the moment.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #606 on: December 28, 2013, 10:48:27 AM »
Steve Rothery's solo band is releasing an album next year, and he currently has a live album out to download for under $1/pay what you want.
https://www.progrockmag.com/news/marillion-steve-rothery-offers-llive-album-for-50p/

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #607 on: January 01, 2014, 11:22:27 AM »
Steve Rothery's solo band is releasing an album next year, and he currently has a live album out to download for under $1/pay what you want.
https://www.progrockmag.com/news/marillion-steve-rothery-offers-llive-album-for-50p/

I'm not a downloader, but I was tempted by this a few weeks back and got it. Only listened to it twice so far, but I think it's pretty amazing.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #608 on: January 14, 2014, 09:29:26 AM »
So I ordered Feast of Consequences from Fish's store, I got a download for the mp3s.

One listen in, this album is amazeballs.

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #609 on: January 14, 2014, 08:27:57 PM »
Same here -- I bought it a couple weeks ago and it has stayed in rotation in the CD player in my car.  Great stuff by Fish!!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #610 on: January 14, 2014, 08:28:25 PM »
So I ordered Feast of Consequences from Fish's store, I got a download for the mp3s.

One listen in, this album is amazeballs.

We listened to this again over the weekend.

It's even better than amazeballs. Honsestly, I didn't think he still had it in him. 

The last time he created back to back no-brainer classics were A Vigil In A Wilderness of Mirrors and Internal Exile.  Sunsets On Empire was another masterpiece but the followup Raingods With Zippos was kind of uneven.

I've been told that he's trying to put some US dates together for much later in the year, but I'll believe it when they are finalized.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #611 on: January 15, 2014, 09:07:33 AM »

I've been told that he's trying to put some US dates together for much later in the year, but I'll believe it when they are finalized.

Being that I'm in TX I'm still not holding my breath. I'd be amazed if he came into the area at all.

I only have Vigil and Feast. I only came into Fish's work through Marillion late 2013.

Just got Internal Exile off eBay for under 6 bucks.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:13:07 AM by Mindflux »

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #612 on: January 16, 2014, 07:39:56 PM »
If a tour happens at all the best it will be is a handful of east coast dates, a few in California and maybe a few in the mid-west (Chicago.)

There would be a few Canadian dates too.

We'll be lucky if it's a two-week tour.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #613 on: September 26, 2014, 11:40:21 AM »
bump.

17 minute short to be followed by a full-length doc about the fans and the band next March.
https://vimeo.com/96234194

Offline HolidaysAnoraks

« Reply #614 on: September 26, 2014, 04:46:34 PM »
That sounds promising. For 2015  they've announced that Friday night of MW is Anoraknophobia and Saturday is Marbles. I think Sunday will probably be a new album, which they are supposedly in the process of making, but that's just my guess.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #615 on: September 26, 2014, 07:52:33 PM »
That sounds promising. For 2015  they've announced that Friday night of MW is Anoraknophobia and Saturday is Marbles. I think Sunday will probably be a new album, which they are supposedly in the process of making, but that's just my guess.

Holy crap, two of my favorite Latter-Day Marillion albums. I'm assuming it'll be the complete 2-CD edition of Marbles? I hope they do it all in album order, this time around, as opposed to Marbles By The Sea, which had some of the tracks rearranged.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline HolidaysAnoraks

« Reply #616 on: September 27, 2014, 07:27:25 PM »
I'm assuming it is the two disc version. Honestly, I've always thought that the studio performances of the Marbles tracks seemed flat compared to their live counterparts, so when the live recording eventually comes out it will probably be my go to release when I want to hear the album.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #617 on: September 29, 2014, 04:12:35 AM »
Highly unlikely the Sunday will be the new album - If they do have any tracks ready to preview, we might hear one or two, but I doubt we'll get the whole lot. Still gutted they've overlooked the marillion.com album, was looking forward to seeing Interior Lulu too...
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #618 on: October 09, 2014, 01:09:16 PM »
Been revisiting this band lately and I gotta say that I think Seasons End might be my new favorite from them. :hefdaddy
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #619 on: October 09, 2014, 01:22:10 PM »
I've listened to a bunch of Marillion albums from both eras and I'm slowly becoming a fan. :tup

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #620 on: October 10, 2014, 01:32:15 PM »
Steve Rothery's Live in Rome CD is kicking my ass lately.  Haven't watched the companion DVD yet though.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #621 on: October 10, 2014, 01:38:19 PM »
Steve Rothery's Live in Rome CD is kicking my ass lately.  Haven't watched the companion DVD yet though.

Indeed. Though I'm kind of dissapointed because it's basically the same track listing as his "Live in Plovdiv" he's selling through bandcamp or whatever.

https://steverothery.bandcamp.com/album/steve-rothery-band-live-in-plovdiv

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #622 on: October 10, 2014, 01:42:19 PM »
I've listened to a bunch of Marillion albums from both eras and I'm slowly becoming a fan. :tup

I've been playing the Fish albums in the last couple of weeks. Just awesome stuff.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #623 on: October 10, 2014, 09:13:01 PM »

I've been playing the Fish albums in the last couple of weeks. Just awesome stuff.

It's funny. I got into the band because of the Fish albums, but once I came across the H material, I hadn't really paid attention to the Fish albums for a long time. After revisiting that stuff lately, I think the band's two best albums were probably Clutching at Straws and Seasons End. :hefdaddy
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #624 on: October 10, 2014, 11:47:42 PM »
Gave Clutching at Straws a full spin tonight, fist time in a long time. Was violently reminded why it topped my top 50 list, easily the most emotionally powerful album I know of. So fucking good man...

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #625 on: October 11, 2014, 09:12:23 AM »
Gave Clutching at Straws a full spin tonight, fist time in a long time. Was violently reminded why it topped my top 50 list, easily the most emotionally powerful album I know of. So fucking good man...

That's why it's in my top 10.

And I finally paid to get Feast from England a few days ago. After a really strong showing with 13th Star he actually managed to go a step above with this I think. The album is less in your face and more balanced, more Fish-like I would say, and it works well. Also a step up in production I would say. Overall very pleased.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #626 on: October 12, 2014, 06:01:03 PM »
Yeah, I started listening to A Feast of Consequences the other day. Incredible album! :metal
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #627 on: October 13, 2014, 09:34:37 PM »
Yeah, I started listening to A Feast of Consequences the other day. Incredible album! :metal

I think that album is a masterpiece. Even better than his last one.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #628 on: November 17, 2014, 01:00:36 PM »

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #629 on: November 20, 2014, 05:04:10 PM »
Just putting this here in the spirit of reliving an amazing evening....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1d0c-I4baU