Author Topic: The Journey Thread  (Read 36416 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
Re: The Journey Thread
« Reply #455 on: Today at 06:25:47 AM »
When you consider that Neal probably doesn't want to return to having a whole tour reliant on Deen not falling off the wagon again , it probably makes more sense.

I thought of this too.

Offline cfmoran13

• My trading website
« Reply #456 on: Today at 06:33:33 AM »
When you consider that Neal probably doesn't want to return to having a whole tour reliant on Deen not falling off the wagon again , it probably makes more sense.
I could see if it was 6 months after Deen had his issues.  He's been sober for years and has put out 3 Revolution Saints albums (where he's the singer and drummer), a Gioeli-Castronovo album and been a touring/recording member of the Dead Daisies for 4 years.

Regardless, whatever the reason, I'm happy to see him back.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #457 on: Today at 07:59:10 AM »
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/journey-returns-to-live-stage-with-revamped-lineup-featuring-deen-castronovo-marco-mendoza-video/
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/journey/2021/aragon-ballroom-chicago-il-38f21a3.html
An extensive setlist. I hope Deen is singing some songs at least! I don't see Journey needing 2 drummers, but I really like that Deen is back in the band.

edit: Deen is singing Who's Crying Now, Mother Father, Open Arms and Faithfully (setlists photo, apparently from Jons Instagram account).

Ive just watched videos from the show.  Arnel sang Open Arms, Faithfully and Whos Crying Now.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline cfmoran13

• My trading website
« Reply #458 on: Today at 10:25:07 AM »
Ive just watched videos from the show.  Arnel sang Open Arms, Faithfully and Whos Crying Now.

Yeah, I think "Mother, Father" was the only song Deen sang.

Online kingshmegland

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #459 on: Today at 11:26:52 AM »

And he sang that back in the day as well if memory serves me correctly.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cfmoran13

• My trading website
« Reply #460 on: Today at 12:15:33 PM »

And he sang that back in the day as well if memory serves me correctly.
You are correct, sir!