Author Topic: Official DTF Photography Thread  (Read 145942 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official DTF Photography Thread
« Reply #1295 on: August 31, 2023, 07:04:21 AM »
Not too far out of the way, my aunt lives near there so I'm somewhat familiar.  I just need to actually plan to be there for such an event.  Can't just look out my hotel window and stroll outside like last night.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1296 on: August 31, 2023, 09:04:00 AM »
Lately I've been going back to taking pics after a bit of a hiatus, and it's been great so far. Here are some recent highlights:

Lovely stuff!
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1297 on: August 31, 2023, 12:01:47 PM »
Those look great! The ones with the cars looks like it was taken in the 70s or 80s. Were those taken by the analog camera that you have? Or am I mixing you up with someone else.
Lately I've been going back to taking pics after a bit of a hiatus, and it's been great so far. Here are some recent highlights:

Lovely stuff!
Thanks! They're all on film, taken on 3 different cameras and lenses :P

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1298 on: August 31, 2023, 01:23:35 PM »
A while back Samsung were exposed for using some kind of AI enhancement on their zoomed in pics of the moon. It didn't matter if you were taking a picture of a printout, if it recognized it was the moon, it would just go ahead and replace it with a real image zoomed at that level. So today morning I got to experience that hilarious enhancement.

With the super moon still out during dawn I was at the traffic light and took a series of shots while zooming in further and further. When i zoomed in the farthest I got the last shot displayed. All 3 shots are from my Note 20 Ultra at different zoom levels. I just find it so hilarious how obvious it is with the last zoom. I should've taken a video to see if it did the same thing.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1299 on: August 31, 2023, 04:36:39 PM »
Those look great! The ones with the cars looks like it was taken in the 70s or 80s. Were those taken by the analog camera that you have? Or am I mixing you up with someone else.

Lovely stuff!
Thanks! They're all on film, taken on 3 different cameras and lenses :P

Film? Goddamn, that's even more impressive. I'd be f**ked without lightroom. :lol
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1300 on: August 31, 2023, 05:26:14 PM »
I mean, I still do edit them in post, in particular the color ones. I just try to meter carefully and minimize such work tbh :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1301 on: October 14, 2023, 10:12:51 PM »
I drove down to San Antonio Friday to eat Greek food, ride some roller coasters, and hopefully see the annular eclipse. I say hopefully as cloud cover was a distinct threat to the eclipse. Greek food and Six Flags Fiesta Texas were big hits. The clouds were more confounding. It was always expected that there would be clouds in the morning and that they'd burn off before the afternoon, which is exactly what happened. They cleared out about 20 minutes before totality---for 18 minutes. Then 10 minutes worth of cloudy skies, and then nothing but blue for the rest of the day. When I saw the total eclipse in 2017 I was in a state park in Kentucky, and as soon as totality happened there was a resounding OOOOOOOOH from miles around. This time it was a similarly resounding OHHHHHHHHH!

The beauty of it, though, is that unless you're a badass astro-photographer with 5 digits worth of gear, annular eclipses are pretty boring to photograph. It's typically just an orange wedge. Turns out that in my case the clouds made for much more interesting pictures. While the ND filter gave a bluer picture than a metallicized Mylar filter, with its pretty orange tint, I think I did better than the typical orange circle. I'd been shooting at 1/100 during the early bits, and when things went south I dropped down to 1/4 which is what brought it all together.

I'm also far better refined for the big one in April. Learned quite a lot today.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 10:23:53 PM by El Barto »
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1302 on: October 15, 2023, 07:39:29 PM »
Those are awesome shots. Our area only had about 40% eclipse so I didn't even bother.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1303 on: October 16, 2023, 06:30:50 AM »
Those are awesome shots. Our area only had about 40% eclipse so I didn't even bother.
Lucky, we had 30% ~25% and a storm passing by  :lol

That is a cool shot though Barto. I'm planning to travel for the April eclipse, but don't know if I'll just go upstate (NY) or somewhere else.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 06:37:13 AM by Vmadera00 »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1304 on: October 19, 2023, 11:54:14 AM »
Oh that's an awesome shot.  I wish I could have seen it, but the weather here was terrible