Author Topic: Evergrey thread.  (Read 102843 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Evergrey thread.
« Reply #595 on: October 15, 2018, 06:36:06 PM »
according to Evergrey's Facebook page, their new album is done.

no other details as of yet.

Oh baby!!  Bring it on.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline T-ski

« Reply #596 on: October 19, 2018, 07:16:42 AM »
giddy up!

"EVERGREY to release new album „The Atlantic“ on January 25th!

Acclaimed Swedish dark melodic metal masters EVERGREY are set to release their new studio album, titled “The Atlantic”, on January 25th 2019. The band has worked extensively on the follow-up to their highly successful 2016’s effort “The Storm Within” (which entered the charts on high positions in numerous countries).
Again, EVERGREY teamed up with Jacob Hansen, who – just like with the band’s previous releases “The Storm Within” and “Hymns For The Broken”) took care of mixing and mastering.

EVERGREY’s Tom S. Englund states:
(Gothenburg 16th of October):
“Guys! This is album number 11!
Isn't that just sick?! It’s also the 3rd album of a concept that might have reached its destination or at least one conclusion. It might also have been something that some of you saw coming or anticipated?
We’ve fought through giant private obstacles as well as an extremely complicated break-in at our Headquarters studio to bring this album to you. So at the same time as it's certainly not been painless or at all easy, it’s been rewarding in new ways and our creativity has been painted in colors of honesty and sincerity.
This is our heaviest, darkest, and perhaps also our most diverse album to date. It’s everything we wanted to compose and the written words come straight from a place of transparency and never before experienced lucidity. Finally, as of yesterday, we’ve reached new shores. We can’t wait for you to share this journey with us and dive into our worlds, our depths, and the waters of The Atlantic!”

Pre-order has been kicked off now:
👉 https://shop.afm-records.de/evergrey/

“The Atlantic” tracklist:
01. A Silent Arc
02. Weightless
03. All I Have
04. A Secret Atlantis
05. The Tidal
06. End Of Silence
07. Currents
08. Departure
09. The Beacon
10. This Ocean"
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #597 on: October 19, 2018, 07:44:07 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #598 on: October 19, 2018, 07:44:52 AM »
Highly anticipating this one. I don't follow the band that well, but did they have a rough patch in recent times? (Looking at that message).

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #599 on: October 19, 2018, 07:48:11 AM »
I thought I sniffed concept album on the forum somewhere, ahh yes here it is.  :)

Can't wait for this!  :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #600 on: October 19, 2018, 08:33:43 AM »
My body is ready

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #601 on: October 19, 2018, 08:38:39 AM »
Highly anticipating this one. I don't follow the band that well, but did they have a rough patch in recent times? (Looking at that message).

Don't think so.  Hymns for the Broken was A++.  The Storm Within was A- (for me... i know others here liked it better than HftB).  Other than the theft of equipment, I'm not aware of any other 'rough patches'.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #602 on: October 19, 2018, 10:27:31 AM »
YES!  Already pre-ordered the digipak and t-shirt. 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #603 on: October 19, 2018, 12:38:16 PM »
Been meaning to check them out especially now they are a headliner for next year's progpower.  Started watching their live concert A Night to Remember on youtube last week and really enjoy it.  I see no reason not to pick up this new album.  In fact, I will need to get another album of theirs maybe before then so I don't need to rely on watching youtube to listen to them.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #604 on: October 19, 2018, 12:43:10 PM »
Been meaning to check them out especially now they are a headliner for next year's progpower.  Started watching their live concert A Night to Remember on youtube last week and really enjoy it.  I see no reason not to pick up this new album.  In fact, I will need to get another album of theirs maybe before then so I don't need to rely on watching youtube to listen to them.

If you go back a page or two, there are some rankings from a bunch of us.  You can't go wrong with In Search of Truth, Recreation Day, or Hymns For the Broken.  Bear in mind their discography ranges from best, to least best.  Dark Discover and Monday Morning Apocalypse aren't top tier (for most), but the aren't bad.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #605 on: October 19, 2018, 01:12:43 PM »
 :tup I've got so much music homework

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #606 on: October 19, 2018, 01:20:36 PM »
In search of truth is still my fav  :metal

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #607 on: October 19, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »
Recreation Day and Solitude Dominance Tragedy made me a fan... RD is still my favorite. ISOT is cool too but not as good as the other two imo. Will need to play catch up if possible before this new album drops.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #608 on: October 19, 2018, 04:26:07 PM »
I'm ready for this one.  Don't know how they will match Hymns as far as their recent outputs are concerned.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #609 on: October 19, 2018, 05:51:13 PM »
Can't wait and as a sailor I love the artwork, concept and song titles, this is going to rule.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #610 on: October 19, 2018, 07:28:34 PM »

TGB and Torn were a time when Tom almost finished the band, things weren't going great for them.  But Henrik and Jonas rejoined and they were rejuvinated with Hymns.

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #611 on: October 20, 2018, 05:18:39 AM »
That artwork is pretty awesome. They've definitely been on a roll in recent years so I'm looking forward to this.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #612 on: October 21, 2018, 04:12:59 AM »
The mention of this being their heaviest album has me excited.  I hope it's true.

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #613 on: October 21, 2018, 05:10:36 AM »
The mention of this being their heaviest album has me excited.  I hope it's true.

Wouldn't surprise me, considering the heavier moments of 'The Storm Within'.

I must admit though, I'm confused by "It’s also the 3rd album of a concept that might have reached its destination or at least one conclusion." What does that mean (or am I just being dumb)?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #614 on: October 21, 2018, 09:02:11 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me, considering the heavier moments of 'The Storm Within'.

I must admit though, I'm confused by "It’s also the 3rd album of a concept that might have reached its destination or at least one conclusion." What does that mean (or am I just being dumb)?

The first I've heard this too.  I'm guessing Hymns, Storm and this one are connected?  Even though I've never read anything to suggest that in any way.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #615 on: November 19, 2018, 12:17:37 PM »
Quote from: Evergrey
... 5 days until we release the first song from “The Atlantic”

Bring it on!  :tup

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #616 on: November 22, 2018, 12:01:44 PM »
New song The Silent Arc is up on Spotify and sounding pretty good.
Not crazy about the opening heavy riffs, but once things settle down it is an excellent song.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #617 on: November 22, 2018, 12:12:48 PM »
New song The Silent Arc is up on Spotify and sounding pretty good.
Not crazy about the opening heavy riffs, but once things settle down it is an excellent song.
Says it will release tomorrow for me.  :-\

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #618 on: November 23, 2018, 12:41:15 AM »
Living in Sydney time zone of GMT +11 hours usually means we get stuff ahead of most of the world  :yarr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #619 on: November 23, 2018, 01:04:12 AM »
Yea I Thought that was the case. I had a listen just now and it feels like a typical grower for me. One thing is clear, this seems more proggy than anything they've done in recent years and a part of Evergrey I missed.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #620 on: November 23, 2018, 01:24:59 AM »
Yeah I thought the same thing too and also the best thing they've done in several years.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #621 on: November 23, 2018, 06:16:53 AM »
Just announced that they are support for Kamelot's European tour in March, that would be a cool show.

• DTF.org Member

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #623 on: November 23, 2018, 11:36:57 AM »
Just announced that they are support for Kamelot's European tour in March, that would be a cool show.

Let's hope Evergrey announce their own headline tour.. Supporting Kamelot  :tdwn

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #624 on: November 23, 2018, 03:46:50 PM »
Yeah, those two bands should definitely be playing the other way around if you ask me.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #625 on: November 24, 2018, 02:41:56 AM »
Sounds like an awesome concert to me. And Kamelot pulls larger crowds in Europe (significantly so over here at least), so this billing makes sense to me, it exposes Evergrey to a good amount of people. That said, already saw Kamelot last year (great show) so wasn't planning to catch them but with Evergrey I will reconsider.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #626 on: November 24, 2018, 03:33:28 AM »
I really like the new song. Hope it's one of the weakest on the album!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #627 on: November 24, 2018, 05:56:46 AM »
Sounds like an awesome concert to me. And Kamelot pulls larger crowds in Europe (significantly so over here at least), so this billing makes sense to me, it exposes Evergrey to a good amount of people. That said, already saw Kamelot last year (great show) so wasn't planning to catch them but with Evergrey I will reconsider.

Yea, personal opinions aside, Kamelot are bigger than Evergrey and the billing makes sense.  I wish they would bring Evergrey to the US instead of Sonata Arctica next year.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #628 on: November 25, 2018, 03:35:34 AM »
Wow, new song is pretty damn epic.  Love the intro.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #629 on: November 25, 2018, 04:36:08 AM »
Hymns sounded like the band had fun again, The Storm Within sounded a bit forced to my ears, especially vocally but THIS.. this sounds as good as anything from the Recreation Day / Inner Circle era. Hyped for this album to drop.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .