Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 317886 times)

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #3465 on: November 19, 2020, 09:56:34 AM »
Harvest grew on me even more with further listens. I'd say it might be my favourite on the album actually.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3466 on: November 19, 2020, 10:03:41 AM »
Harvest grew on me even more with further listens. I'd say it might be my favourite on the album actually.

Yea, I really love this song.  I wouldn't say my favorite, but it's perfect in the context of the album.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3467 on: November 19, 2020, 10:07:42 AM »
I just finished listening to Human Nature again. Honestly, this album has grown on me big time. Way better than Endless Forms imo because it isn't so self derivative, and in hindsight I think Troy's song actually adds to the experience rather than takes away from it like I thought months ago. Floor sounds great, she doesn't go as hard as I had hoped she would though, and Marko's song near the end there is really good for his voice. Dig it. Slow burn of an album; it wouldn't rank for me much early on but now I see it maybe making a year end list depending on how big I make it...
It's cemented itself as my favourite Nightwish album (or at least, the first disc anyway).

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3468 on: November 19, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »
My favorite album is still Imaginarium, but this one is fantastic. Heard it basically daily throughout the entire spring and summer. Fantastic album and miles ahead of EFMB.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3469 on: November 19, 2020, 10:31:37 AM »
I don't think this cracks my top three NW albums, but it's still fantastic.  I think it's my 2nd favorite release of 2020.

Offline 425

« Reply #3470 on: November 19, 2020, 10:57:42 AM »
I agree with cram. My top three of Century Child, Imaginaerum and Dark Passion Play would be hard to touch. But this one has been a slow burn that I've come to like a whole lot. Still need to clean up a number of 2020 releases, but right now AOTY would be between this and Haken.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3471 on: November 19, 2020, 11:27:40 AM »
I agree with cram. My top three of Century Child, Imaginaerum and Dark Passion Play would be hard to touch. But this one has been a slow burn that I've come to like a whole lot. Still need to clean up a number of 2020 releases, but right now AOTY would be between this and Haken.

Yea same, Haken got the #1 from me as of now.  My issue is disc 2 of NW, not that it's bad per say, it's just not something I care to listen to so its hard for me to put that over Haken which is pretty close to a flawless album for my tastes (I'm not a fan of the last track, but it's short and easy to not hold the album back for me).

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3472 on: November 19, 2020, 01:54:00 PM »

Yea same, Haken got the #1 from me as of now.  My issue is disc 2 of NW, not that it's bad per say, it's just not something I care to listen to so its hard for me to put that over Haken which is pretty close to a flawless album for my tastes (I'm not a fan of the last track, but it's short and easy to not hold the album back for me).
Agree 100%... Virus takes the win for 2020 (no pun intended)

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3473 on: November 28, 2020, 08:59:10 AM »
After doing a cover of it in a rather obscure b-side with After Forever, Floor makes a new version of Heart's Alone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fu-yP6q6Gk

:hefdaddy

Edit for personal gratification: I commented calling the song an "early birthday present" because mine is tomorrow, and she replied wishing me an early happy birthday  :o :metal :heart :hefdaddy
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:15:26 AM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3474 on: November 28, 2020, 12:35:55 PM »
Awesome... I saw a 20-second teaser on FB this morning, so nice to see that it's already fully released!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3475 on: December 16, 2020, 10:16:25 AM »
I wonder what this means...

Something unforeseen to lighten up the dark times...

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3476 on: December 16, 2020, 11:08:49 AM »
A live streamed show? an EP of acoustic versions or unreleased stuff?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3477 on: December 16, 2020, 11:12:44 AM »
My initial thought is a live stream show... I mean they have a new album of songs that they haven't been able to perform

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3478 on: December 16, 2020, 11:17:27 AM »
A live show seems more likely. I would be really interested in seeing how Nightwish will do one.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3479 on: December 16, 2020, 02:06:15 PM »
For anyone interested and haven't seen it, here's a chat from last week between Tarja and Floor......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5KfPE07X3g&t=1136s

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3480 on: December 16, 2020, 04:15:30 PM »
For anyone interested and haven't seen it, here's a chat from last week between Tarja and Floor......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5KfPE07X3g&t=1136s

This is a pretty cool chat.  :tup
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3481 on: December 17, 2020, 02:10:48 AM »
The surprise is a virtual live show! they will play 2 different sets on the 12th and 13th of March, next year.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3482 on: December 17, 2020, 07:59:39 AM »
The surprise is a virtual live show! they will play 2 different sets on the 12th and 13th of March, next year.

I don't really get the Europe only part.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3483 on: December 17, 2020, 08:16:18 AM »

I don't really get the Europe only part.

This is confusing... i think Europe only is for the merch bundle, but the timing looks like one show is for evening time in Europe, and one is evening time for NA?  But I think you can buy both shows no matter where you are.  I'm in, but that's a bit far away.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3484 on: December 17, 2020, 08:24:33 AM »
TWO EVENING TICKETS
MARCH 12 & 13

TWO EVENING BUNDLE
(SHIPPING TO EUROPE ONLY)

Recording can be watched for 48 hours after the show

Fri, March 12th, 2021, Europe
8pm CET / 7pm GMT
Duration approx. 90min

Sat, March 13th, 2021, North and South America
8pm ET (UTC-5) / 5pm PT (UTC -8) / 10pm BRT (UTC-3) / 7pm CST (UTC -6)
Duration approx. 90min

Recording of the shows can be watched for 48 hours after the show

--------

Looks like Cramx3 is right. The 12th March show happens when it's evening in Europe, and the 13th March one happens when it's evening in the Americas.

It's the bundle with t-shirts that will be available only for european shipment.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3485 on: December 17, 2020, 09:46:59 AM »
Ahh...Okay. I was thinking the same thing. What was confusing was the way it was worded. But I see it's what I thought.

Even better now. But, damn...March seems far off...

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3486 on: December 30, 2020, 05:10:26 AM »
What is Marco doing on his spare time...well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk8vzRgSyy8&ab_channel=mtvSuomi

:lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #3487 on: December 30, 2020, 09:11:20 AM »
Just how good he can sing, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
https://youtu.be/7IPEyOyl7f0

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3488 on: December 30, 2020, 10:20:01 AM »
That guy is one of the most fearless performers I've ever seen. 🤘
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #3489 on: December 30, 2020, 10:26:32 AM »
What is Marco doing on his spare time...well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk8vzRgSyy8&ab_channel=mtvSuomi

That’s so bizarre  :rollin

I love Marco’s voice. His Pyre of the Black Heart solo album is one of my favourite releases of this year.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #3490 on: December 30, 2020, 10:30:55 AM »
Just how good he can sing, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
https://youtu.be/7IPEyOyl7f0

A much better selection than Backstreet Boys.

Damn, there is some strange reality TV these days.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3491 on: December 30, 2020, 01:04:08 PM »

I heard about this...I bet that long this is there just to hold his beard  :lol

But, damn. This is great just to hear him sing these songs.  :lol

Edit: I think this one is the winner though. Never would I imagine hearing Marco say "Homies"  :lol :lol
https://youtu.be/a9uKj2tA5zc
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 01:21:07 PM by Ben_Jamin »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3492 on: December 30, 2020, 04:27:50 PM »
These are great, but I feel his voice is VERY recognizable if you've ever heard him before which, for me, makes the mask thing odd.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3493 on: December 30, 2020, 06:15:34 PM »
These are great, but I feel his voice is VERY recognizable if you've ever heard him before which, for me, makes the mask thing odd.

The American version had Chris Daughtry participate in that thing, last year, and if you follow American Idol or Alt Rock in the 2000s (like I do), it's going to be hard not to recognize that voice.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3494 on: December 30, 2020, 08:16:21 PM »

The American version had Chris Daughtry participate in that thing, last year, and if you follow American Idol or Alt Rock in the 2000s (like I do), it's going to be hard not to recognize that voice.

My bro got Tom Bergeron, because he recognized his singing voice. He just couldn't remember his name. He was all...It sounds like that guy on AFV.  :lol :lol

But, usually the audience are just your casual TV viewers. They watch the show for the reveals. If you are a fan of the person, it could be easier to guess. But in the end, the identity is not known until the final unmasking. So, I am sure there were people out there who were saying..."That is obviously, Marco"  :lol

I like watching the show, but haven't really been watching TV much at all, and totally forgot about this past season of the American Masked Singer.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #3495 on: December 31, 2020, 05:28:21 AM »
It is fun to see him cover such a song  :lol But honestly I think there are many songs his voice is better suited for.

And I do unironically like Everybody as a song, probably because I have been indoctrinated with their music as a kid.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3496 on: December 31, 2020, 08:38:28 AM »
It is fun to see him cover such a song  :lol But honestly I think there are many songs his voice is better suited for.

And I do unironically like Everybody as a song, probably because I have been indoctrinated with their music as a kid.

Cause it is a good song. Gets you up and dancing and that's the point of their style of music and why I consider Pop Music at that time, the disco of the 90's.

Of course, there are better songs. But when is Marco going to get the opportunity to sing these obscure, for him, songs. He even did Gangstas Paradise and a Cumbia song.  :rollin

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3497 on: December 31, 2020, 02:22:33 PM »
Kiss was pretty good:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGweGiOxHvY 

Found his unmasking, too.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDG_PoaUrk8

It's perhaps not quite as fun, since it is mostly dialog, and I don't speak Finnish.  But still fun to see the panel's guesses, and their reaction at the reveal.

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3498 on: December 31, 2020, 06:58:20 PM »
Kiss was pretty good:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGweGiOxHvY 

Found his unmasking, too.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDG_PoaUrk8

It's perhaps not quite as fun, since it is mostly dialog, and I don't speak Finnish.  But still fun to see the panel's guesses, and their reaction at the reveal.

I watched it with the captions. Although it didn't have it when the Panel were giving their guesses. Which I find pretty odd.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3499 on: December 31, 2020, 09:22:00 PM »
Just ran across this college Orchestra/Choir doing GLS....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6lscMVnhKM