Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 315915 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #2415 on: February 28, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »

Apparently everyone who attends can go to the merch booth with their ticket and get the compilation for free.  Pretty cool, seems to be a new trend in the industry to give a CD away with a ticket purchase (although I am still waiting for my Bon Jovi CD and the Metallica digital download never worked) to bump album sales numbers.  I wouldn't but this since I have their albums, but I'll grab my free copy when I see them soon. 

In other news related to NW...

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nightwish-singer-and-pagans-mind-guitarist-join-forces-in-northward/

This sounds like it could be awesome.  This guy is an AMAZING guitarist and Floor is obviously an amazing Singer. 
Stepping free from boundaries, NORTHWARD's sound is strong, euphoric and straight in the tradition of SKUNK ANANSIE, FOO FIGHTERS and ALTER BRIDGE but also bands such as DEEP PURPLE and LED ZEPPELIN.

Online Architeuthis

« Reply #2416 on: February 28, 2018, 10:36:40 AM »
Jeeze, could that description get any more pompous?

Song isn't bad but it sounds exactly like Nightwish. Kind of had enough of Troy Donockley too.
I think Troy is a great addition to the band! The guy is a very accomplished musician on many different instruments and has great sense of melody with his phrasings. I could never get tired of that.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online Architeuthis

« Reply #2417 on: February 28, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »
Btw cramx3, thanks for the link. That Northward project should be aw3some and worth checking out. I'm still hoping to get NW tickets for the Portland Oregon show. Its about a 4 hour drive or more and things are tight right now. I can't believe they are not playing Seattle!  ???
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline SleeperAwake

« Reply #2418 on: February 28, 2018, 11:04:19 AM »
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nightwish-singer-and-pagans-mind-guitarist-join-forces-in-northward/

This sounds like it could be awesome.  This guy is an AMAZING guitarist and Floor is obviously an amazing Singer. 
Stepping free from boundaries, NORTHWARD's sound is strong, euphoric and straight in the tradition of SKUNK ANANSIE, FOO FIGHTERS and ALTER BRIDGE but also bands such as DEEP PURPLE and LED ZEPPELIN.

It could be interesting. Floor has mentioned liking Skunk Anansie before - maybe now we'll get to hear her channel her inner Skin.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2419 on: March 04, 2018, 04:54:44 PM »
AURI - The Space Between

Only missing some power chords and it could easily be a Nightwish song but either way I do like it alot, very moody and I really love her voice.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2420 on: March 04, 2018, 05:00:46 PM »
Decades tour starts in 5 days. Very eager to see what kind of set list they're going with.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #2421 on: March 04, 2018, 06:48:14 PM »
I imagine it’ll be similar to the track listing of the compilation. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2422 on: March 09, 2018, 12:30:51 PM »
Decades tour starts in 5 days. Very eager to see what kind of set list they're going with.

To be spoiled or not to be spoiled.... I am seeing them on Wednesday, I think I could avoid spoilers until then, but man is it tough because there's a lot of potential for this setlist.

I imagine it’ll be similar to the track listing of the compilation. 

I do feel think this is most likely.  Although they said some songs would be re-worked and I wonder which ones will be and how they will change them up.  My first thought would be to add pipes or an extra guitar that Troy could play to be part of the live show since if it's old music, then I am not sure what he would be doing during the show.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2423 on: March 09, 2018, 12:34:18 PM »
I hope they don't just make a song like Nemo acoustic. I hope they get really creative with whatever they rework.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2424 on: March 09, 2018, 12:36:39 PM »
I hope they don't just make a song like Nemo acoustic. I hope they get really creative with whatever they rework.

I hope Nemo isn't on the playlist at all.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2425 on: March 09, 2018, 12:44:16 PM »

I hope Nemo isn't on the playlist at all.

I wouldn't complain about that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #2426 on: March 09, 2018, 12:59:48 PM »
I thought the acoustic version of Nemo was spectacular on the Imaginaerum tour.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2427 on: March 09, 2018, 01:00:37 PM »

Indeed, it was the best of two worlds, the compromise between keeping a staple in the set, and yet doing something different for a change.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Adami

« Reply #2428 on: March 09, 2018, 01:00:59 PM »

It was nice. But it's been done, so that's why I hope they don't do it. They sold it as something new and inventive. So if they just do what they've already done, I'll be disappointed. Not that I matter in any of this.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2429 on: March 09, 2018, 01:01:06 PM »
I'm still on the fence on going to see this tour. I LOVE Nigthwish but we're moving soon and money is tight and I've seen them a few times already. BUT, if the setlist is amazing I'll be getting a ticket.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2430 on: March 09, 2018, 01:25:28 PM »

It was nice. But it's been done, so that's why I hope they don't do it. They sold it as something new and inventive. So if they just do what they've already done, I'll be disappointed. Not that I matter in any of this.

Exactly.  I've seen it, so I want to see something else.  I really like the song so that's not the reason why I'd rather it not be in the set.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2431 on: March 09, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »
I'll go if Beauty of the Beast is on the setlist - and if seats open up at the Toronto venue.  Otherwise, no way I'm paying the coin they are asking for.

Well, one hurdle is passed... the venue is now only asking $25 for available seats.  It was $110 a few weeks ago.  I'll wait another some more to see if better seats open up
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2432 on: March 09, 2018, 02:12:37 PM »
Has anyone heard word about an opener or is this an evening with format?  I can't seem to find anything other than doors at 7 and show at 8pm for NYC. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2433 on: March 09, 2018, 02:13:31 PM »
Has anyone heard word about an opener or is this an evening with format?  I can't seem to find anything other than doors at 7 and show at 8pm for NYC.

I gotta think that's 'Evening With' timing.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2434 on: March 09, 2018, 02:16:00 PM »

I gotta think that's 'Evening With' timing.

Yea, I'm thinking that too, but you'd think theyd announce that though to get some more people interested in seeing a longer show.  I found a reddit thread speculating the same thing. 

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #2435 on: March 09, 2018, 04:08:09 PM »
Nightwish said on Facebook, ‘No openers....it is a long setlist’

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2436 on: March 09, 2018, 05:01:59 PM »
Nightwish said on Facebook, ‘No openers....it is a long setlist’

:metal :metal

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #2437 on: March 09, 2018, 09:59:49 PM »

Offline Adami

« Reply #2438 on: March 09, 2018, 10:02:00 PM »
First setlist is up and it looks AMAZING!!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nightwish/2018/tabernacle-atlanta-ga-2bef84ee.html

Aaaaaaand I'm pregnant.

Also, any word on opening acts?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #2439 on: March 09, 2018, 10:10:07 PM »
Wow that is a killer setlist and full of the not-the-same set songs as the band promised.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #2440 on: March 09, 2018, 10:12:39 PM »
First setlist is up and it looks AMAZING!!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nightwish/2018/tabernacle-atlanta-ga-2bef84ee.html

Aaaaaaand I'm pregnant.

Also, any word on opening acts?

It’s an evening with all tour long I believe.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2441 on: March 09, 2018, 10:13:01 PM »
Pregnant with twins!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2442 on: March 10, 2018, 07:50:20 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:04:17 PM by Cyclopssss »
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2443 on: March 10, 2018, 09:17:25 AM »
You may want to small-font that to be kind to people who want to be spoiler-free.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2444 on: March 10, 2018, 06:58:40 PM »
Thats pretty Damn amazing. Playing the one song I was hoping for too...Now I'm all excited for the Denver show.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2445 on: March 11, 2018, 07:01:13 AM »
Wow. That's quite the set. I wasn't even considering seeing them on tour but since Chicago is Saturday...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2446 on: March 11, 2018, 01:46:37 PM »
Saw the show last night in Charlotte, and it was fantastic.  Floor, in particular, was fantastic. 

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2447 on: March 12, 2018, 07:45:52 AM »
That setlist is amazing, and has me going back to listen to the Tarja-era albums again this week. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2448 on: March 12, 2018, 08:04:23 AM »
I broke down and checked the setlist.  Really solid.  Can't wait till Wednesday.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2449 on: March 12, 2018, 08:51:34 AM »
I broke down and checked the setlist.  Really solid.  Can't wait till Wednesday.

I just had to as well, at least you lasted. I gave up right away. I have to wait till April.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD