Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 318305 times)

Offline gazinwales

Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #1120 on: August 16, 2013, 10:00:48 PM »
I've played the Colours In the Dark album 6 times in my car and it's surprisingly very good.
Though today my girlfriend told me to turn it off and put on Sabaton  :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1121 on: September 16, 2013, 12:09:13 PM »
Mother of God it's been a good day for announcements!!!

NIGHTWISH - details of new live DVD »Showtime, Storytime« revealed!

Finnish Symphonic Metal legends NIGHTWISH have revealed the cover artwork and more details of their upcoming new live DVD. »Showtime, Storytime« contains the entire NIGHTWISH headliner show, played at this years' legendary Wacken Open Air - the world's biggest heavy metal festival. The live show in the front of 85 000 screaming metalheads was directed by Ville Lipiäinen, filmed with seventeen cameras and has a total duration of 85 minutes.

The second disc consists of 120-minute tour documentary 'Please Learn The Setlist in 48 Hours', also directed by Ville Lipiäinen, with no short of drama or overall madness. Also, there is a 16-minute NIGHTWISH Table Hockey Tournament, filmed on tour. On top of this there are two music clips: 'I Want My Tears Back' (Live at Hartwall Arena) and 'Ghost Love Score' (Live in Buenos Aires).

The Wacken Open Air appearance was the first of the three final shows of the band's `Imaginaerum World Tour´ 2013, which saw the Norsemen and their Dutch amazon Floor Jansen (REVAMP) playing of 104 concerts in 34 different countries with total audience of over 1,5 million fans around the globe.
Mastermind and keyboardist Tuomas Holopainen states: "Our darling flying Dutchwoman, Floor Jansen, has been nothing but incredible during her time in NIGHTWISH on this tour, so this is a perfect opportunity to immortalize the current vibe of the band on film!"

The setlist reads as follows (DVD1):
01. Dark Chest Of Wonders
02. Wish I Had An Angel
03. She Is My Sin
04. Ghost River
05. Ever Dream
06. Storytime
07. I Want My Tears Back
08. Nemo
09. Last Of The Wilds
10. Bless The Child
11. Romanticide
12. Amaranth
13. Ghost Love Score
14. Song Of Myself
15. Last Ride Of The Day
16. Outro (Imaginaerum)

»Showtime, Storytime« will be released on November 29th as a "Ltd. 2Blu-ray + 2CD DIGI", "Ltd. 2DVD + 2CD DIGI", "Ltd. 2CD DIGI", "2LP (coloured) in gatefold" and an exclusive "Nuclear Blast Mailorder Edition".

November is going to be a very happy month for DVDs!!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1122 on: September 16, 2013, 12:53:19 PM »
Cool!  (although I am a bit surprised at the set list--I would have expected more from the new album).
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1123 on: September 16, 2013, 12:59:04 PM »
Mother of God it's been a good day for announcements!!!

NIGHTWISH - details of new live DVD »Showtime, Storytime« revealed!

Finnish Symphonic Metal legends NIGHTWISH have revealed the cover artwork and more details of their upcoming new live DVD. »Showtime, Storytime« contains the entire NIGHTWISH headliner show, played at this years' legendary Wacken Open Air - the world's biggest heavy metal festival. The live show in the front of 85 000 screaming metalheads was directed by Ville Lipiäinen, filmed with seventeen cameras and has a total duration of 85 minutes.

The second disc consists of 120-minute tour documentary 'Please Learn The Setlist in 48 Hours', also directed by Ville Lipiäinen, with no short of drama or overall madness. Also, there is a 16-minute NIGHTWISH Table Hockey Tournament, filmed on tour. On top of this there are two music clips: 'I Want My Tears Back' (Live at Hartwall Arena) and 'Ghost Love Score' (Live in Buenos Aires).

The Wacken Open Air appearance was the first of the three final shows of the band's `Imaginaerum World Tour´ 2013, which saw the Norsemen and their Dutch amazon Floor Jansen (REVAMP) playing of 104 concerts in 34 different countries with total audience of over 1,5 million fans around the globe.
Mastermind and keyboardist Tuomas Holopainen states: "Our darling flying Dutchwoman, Floor Jansen, has been nothing but incredible during her time in NIGHTWISH on this tour, so this is a perfect opportunity to immortalize the current vibe of the band on film!"

The setlist reads as follows (DVD1):
01. Dark Chest Of Wonders
02. Wish I Had An Angel
03. She Is My Sin
04. Ghost River
05. Ever Dream
06. Storytime
07. I Want My Tears Back
08. Nemo
09. Last Of The Wilds
10. Bless The Child
11. Romanticide
12. Amaranth
13. Ghost Love Score
14. Song Of Myself
15. Last Ride Of The Day
16. Outro (Imaginaerum)

»Showtime, Storytime« will be released on November 29th as a "Ltd. 2Blu-ray + 2CD DIGI", "Ltd. 2DVD + 2CD DIGI", "Ltd. 2CD DIGI", "2LP (coloured) in gatefold" and an exclusive "Nuclear Blast Mailorder Edition".

November is going to be a very happy month for DVDs!!!

HOLY CRAP

YES

A DVD WITH FLOOR

FUQ
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline adace

« Reply #1124 on: September 16, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »
Bout time they put a DVD out. Can't wait!

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1125 on: September 16, 2013, 01:24:17 PM »
I thought Ghost Love Score was the show closer. I can't imagine what would be worth following up Floor's outstanding last few minutes in that song. Just... this woman is unreal.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1126 on: September 16, 2013, 03:00:18 PM »
Cool!  (although I am a bit surprised at the set list--I would have expected more from the new album).

Surprised as well, looks like they played a set of more older materiel.  I guess Floor did well with the old stuff so they might as well get a DVD with those songs on it.

Offline adace

« Reply #1127 on: October 09, 2013, 03:39:41 AM »
Ms. Floor Jansen is a keeper.

Also, we will be a six-piece band from now on, as Mr. Troy Donockley (uilleann pipes, low whistles, vocals) will become a full-time member of NIGHTWISH.

Originally we were going to wait until 2014 to make a decision about the future line-up of the band, but the past year has clearly shown us that Floor and Troy are perfect matching pieces to our puzzle, and we are really grateful of the bond that has grown between all of us. We love you guys.

Tuomas
Marco
Jukka
Emppu

Commented vocalist Floor Jansen: "Words cannot describe what I feel! This union is beyond everything and I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to continue this amazing journey with my new brothers! Once I had a dream…and this is it!!!"

Piper/whistleman, added vocalist Troy Donockley: "`Imaginaerum World Tour´was a revelation to me and in that time, I became aware of a growing unity and then, finally, a transcendence of all the usual nonsense that affects bands. A beautiful process. And since the idea, the musical dream that is NIGHTWISH has been a part of me since before I was born, I am delighted to officially sail into uncharted waters with my brothers and sister. Wondrous scenes Ahoy! "

The new line-up can be seen on the live / tour documentary DVD »Showtime, Storytime«, released on November 29th.
Watch a brand new trailer, directed by Ville Lipiäinen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_czsLPig_0s&feature=youtu.be

Preorder »Showtime, Storytime« at:
the official Nightwish Shop at: https://shop.nightwish.com/ (Shipping worldwide!)
or from https://smarturl.it/NIGHTWISHShowtime

www.nightwish.com | www.facebook.com/nightwish | www.nuclearblast.de/nightwish

Great news! She's a fantastic singer and a perfect fit for the band. Can't wait for the DVD and the next album!

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1128 on: October 09, 2013, 03:59:09 AM »
Fantastic news!  :metal
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1129 on: October 09, 2013, 04:05:44 AM »
Terrific news! :hefdaddy Floor is easily the best singer the band's had to date, so I can't wait to hear her on the next album (whenever that happens :biggrin: )! :metal :tup
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1130 on: October 09, 2013, 04:15:13 AM »
Fantastic!

If they had chosen not to go with Floor and get someone else, I think the other person would have had a very hard time being accepted by fans.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1131 on: October 09, 2013, 04:28:41 AM »
A singer that's doing the "windmill" on stage is definitly a keeper.  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1132 on: October 09, 2013, 04:45:30 AM »
Fantastic!

If they had chosen not to go with Floor and get someone else, I think the other person would have had a very hard time being accepted by fans.

This.  Pretty much anyone else would've been a let down after having Floor.

Very much looking forward to the next album, and I definitely won't miss them on tour again.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1133 on: October 09, 2013, 04:59:24 AM »
Great news, pretty cool they are keeping Troy as well. I always got the feeing from this tour that he would continue to play a part with Nightwish.

I've been waiting to preorder the DVD but I haven't seen in on amazon yet and it would cost a lot to get it from the Nightwish store.

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1134 on: October 09, 2013, 05:48:16 AM »
Awesome news! I expected it though; seems like they've always gotten incredibly positive feedback about Floor.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1135 on: October 09, 2013, 07:53:03 AM »
Wait...what exactly does Troy play that warrants him being a full member of the band?  ???

But excellent news about Floor!  I never cared for most of her stuff before Nightwish, but she was made for this band.  Perfect fit.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1136 on: October 09, 2013, 08:03:15 AM »
Great news, pretty cool they are keeping Troy as well. I always got the feeing from this tour that he would continue to play a part with Nightwish.

I've been waiting to preorder the DVD but I haven't seen in on amazon yet and it would cost a lot to get it from the Nightwish store.

Nightwish tends to not release specific things on Amazon unfortunately. I don't think their Imaginaerum movie is available on Amazon, for example. I have a feeling this won't be available either. I definitely agree that it is damn expensive on the official store.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1137 on: October 09, 2013, 08:13:37 AM »
Wait...what exactly does Troy play that warrants him being a full member of the band?  ???
Some sort of bells and folky whistles, I imagine they will be a more prominent part of their music as well. The guy will be also on the new Ayreon so we'll get to see what he can do.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #1138 on: October 09, 2013, 08:40:39 AM »
While I'm not a huge fan of Nightwish, I'm pretty excited by this news. Floor is fantastic, and I like her more than Tarja and Annette.

Troy Donockley played on several Mostly Autumn albums (prog band with Celtic influences) and I enjoyed his contributions. Should be interesting to hear what he brings to Nightwish.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1139 on: October 09, 2013, 09:00:31 AM »
AMAZING! FLOOR'S A KEEPER!

:D :D :D :D
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Ruba

« Reply #1140 on: October 09, 2013, 09:09:49 AM »
I'm a Tarja man through and through, but Floor fits the band very well and is such a charming person.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1141 on: October 09, 2013, 09:15:52 AM »

Virtuoso whistle capabilities.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1142 on: October 09, 2013, 09:19:52 AM »

Virtuoso whistle capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrkIxTYymyE

That'll be his solo section. :biggrin:
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1143 on: October 09, 2013, 10:04:16 AM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1144 on: October 09, 2013, 01:43:59 PM »

Nightwish tends to not release specific things on Amazon unfortunately. I don't think their Imaginaerum movie is available on Amazon, for example. I have a feeling this won't be available either. I definitely agree that it is damn expensive on the official store.

I saw a preorder for what was labelled as audio music for this but it says its 5 discs and priced like it so I'm hoping that they will have it. I'll check eBay when its released too.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1145 on: October 09, 2013, 05:11:03 PM »
This is great news. I can relax now  :metal

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1146 on: October 10, 2013, 01:45:23 PM »
Whoa, wouldn't have thought it would happen.

That DVD/BR release looks good, but only an 85 minute set? I get that is was a festival, but still.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1147 on: October 10, 2013, 10:57:13 PM »
Listening to Ghost Love Score right now. Damn. :hearts:

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1148 on: October 11, 2013, 02:43:43 AM »
Listening to a bit of Nightwish at the moment, and I still think that Beauty of the Beast is still their best song.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1149 on: October 11, 2013, 07:01:06 AM »
Listening to a bit of Nightwish at the moment, and I still think that Beauty of the Beast is still their best song.

I agree.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1150 on: October 11, 2013, 08:36:57 AM »

I agree.

:iagree:

Ghost Love Floor gives it a run for it's money, but still falls a bit short.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1151 on: October 11, 2013, 09:36:45 AM »
Once and Dark Passion Play are the only Nightwish albums I own, and Once is really starting to grow on me now :metal

Ghost Love Floor gives it a run for it's money

I loooove that version :smiley:

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1152 on: October 11, 2013, 09:48:32 AM »
Once and Dark Passion Play are the only Nightwish albums I own, and Once is really starting to grow on me now :metal

Ghost Love Floor gives it a run for it's money

I loooove that version :smiley:

Please tell me that you have at least heard Imaginaerum? Fantastic album.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1153 on: October 11, 2013, 09:58:57 AM »
It's on my never ending list of albums I want to buy :D

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1154 on: October 11, 2013, 10:03:15 AM »
I think Imaginaerum is incredibly dull, honestly...
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1