Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 318153 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #980 on: November 29, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
Tarja's baby > Annette's baby

At least Tarja's baby can cry on key.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #981 on: November 29, 2012, 01:19:58 PM »
In the other news, Tarja is a mother now (article in Finnish)
Awww, that's nice :) congrats to her.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Ruba

« Reply #982 on: November 30, 2012, 01:25:14 AM »
Great, that voice might move to the next generation. Too bad she hasn't revealed it's gender.

Congratulations!

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #983 on: November 30, 2012, 02:02:49 AM »
And if Damian Wilson can do Threshold/Maiden uNited/Headspace, I'm sure if everything is as good as it seems in Nightwish-land, Floor fronting 2 bands wouldn't be completely unmanageable for everyone involved.

Marco does Tarot, Emppu Brother Firetribe and TH did For My Pain, so I am sure if she is the right one for NW, they can work around it.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #984 on: November 30, 2012, 03:55:13 AM »
Except For My Pain was a one-off studio project and Brother Firetribe has been inactive for several years.

Holy fuck so much Finnish metal/rock in my DNA :D

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #985 on: November 30, 2012, 08:55:16 AM »
Except For My Pain was a one-off studio project and Brother Firetribe has been inactive for several years.

Holy fuck so much Finnish metal/rock in my DNA :D

Yes all true, but you get my point?
There is time for other stuff.

Oh yes Finland for me is hands down is the best country for music.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #986 on: November 30, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
In an interview with Tuomas and Floor, they said after the summer festivals there will be a break for Nightwish so of course there is time for other projects.  He also mentioned going back to the studio in 2013. And there will be no more talk of the split with Annette (he made that pretty clear a few times).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubbc7ja-bjQ&feature=g-all

Online Adami

« Reply #987 on: November 30, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »
I'm glad Tuomas has figured out the proper way to handle a split. The Tarja thing was handled horribly on his part, good thing he's doing this one properly.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #988 on: November 30, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
I'm glad Tuomas has figured out the proper way to handle a split. The Tarja thing was handled horribly on his part, good thing he's doing this one properly.
Well, on the other hand, it would have been better if they just said "we have arranged this to happen due to whatever differences/misunderstandings/incompatibilities". This way, when you hear about it from all other sources but the band that Floor was already arranged to join the band at some point (especially when she is put in front to talk about it) and when they keep everything else behind the curtain... it makes you wonder what the hell was that bad that they need to hide it and make such a rapid succession.

And they kind of... well, I won't say they owe their fans that information, but I imagine that people who liked Anette would like to know why was their beloved singer kicked out of the band so suddenly.

Online Adami

« Reply #989 on: November 30, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »
Alright.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #990 on: November 30, 2012, 07:25:35 PM »
Well, on the other hand, it would have been better if they just said "we have arranged this to happen due to whatever differences/misunderstandings/incompatibilities". This way, when you hear about it from all other sources but the band that Floor was already arranged to join the band at some point (especially when she is put in front to talk about it) and when they keep everything else behind the curtain... it makes you wonder what the hell was that bad that they need to hide it and make such a rapid succession.

And they kind of... well, I won't say they owe their fans that information, but I imagine that people who liked Anette would like to know why was their beloved singer kicked out of the band so suddenly.

Is this true, that Floor was arranged to join? I mean it did seem convienent that she was able to go immediately.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #991 on: December 01, 2012, 01:34:32 AM »
Is this true, that Floor was arranged to join? I mean it did seem convienent that she was able to go immediately.
She was supposed to join at some point later than the one she joined. I'm not sure which, but I'm thinking after the recent Helsinki show. I'd have to google it.

Online Adami

« Reply #992 on: December 01, 2012, 01:40:24 AM »
We don't really know the details though. It's possible that Anette was going to have to take some time off and they arranged for Floor to be a fill in, but when she quit/got fired, they got Floor earlier than expected.

It's honestly the bands business, as much as we love the band, it's not really our right to know every thing that happens behind the scenes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #993 on: December 01, 2012, 02:12:54 AM »
It kind of makes you think, considering what PR nightmare (I hate these words but...) they unleashed upon the world last time, what could be more awful than that so they feel compelled to keep it a secret? They could have said two words and ended the speculation, as bands often do. Oh well, I guess we'll never find out.

Online Adami

« Reply #994 on: December 01, 2012, 02:28:44 AM »
It probably wasn't a huge deal. But a pr release that just says "we fired Olzen for being a twat" probably wouldn't have looked too good.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #995 on: December 01, 2012, 07:02:24 AM »
It kind of makes you think, considering what PR nightmare (I hate these words but...) they unleashed upon the world last time, what could be more awful than that so they feel compelled to keep it a secret? They could have said two words and ended the speculation, as bands often do. Oh well, I guess we'll never find out.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ħ

« Reply #996 on: December 01, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »
I've been listening to Once more recently. For some reason, it's the only Nightwish album I can get into. What is the general consensus of the Nightwish fanbase on Once?
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #997 on: December 01, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »
It's about half good for me. Maybe I'll try giving it a go some time soon. Some other songs might click more.

Online Adami

« Reply #998 on: December 01, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »
Some good songs. Some meh songs.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #999 on: December 01, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »
Second best for me.  Century Child is the best them.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1000 on: December 01, 2012, 10:34:06 PM »
Once is the best

Online Adami

« Reply #1001 on: December 01, 2012, 10:35:57 PM »
Once had two major issues for me.

One, the ending of the native american song goes on WAY too long.

Two, Dead Gardens and the other song before or after it sound WAY too similar.

WAY.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline 7thHanyou

« Reply #1002 on: December 01, 2012, 11:07:12 PM »
Once is decent, and has its obvious classics, but it also has the atrocious "Wish I Had an Angel."  I think the album is okay, and Planet Hell and Ghost Love Score are frequently played, but otherwise, I don't get Once.

I don't really see how it stands up to Oceanborn, Wishmaster, or Century Child, which are their three best and most consistent albums IMO.  I think the problems I had with their two more recent albums started to rear their head in Once.

I wish I could appreciate it a little more, since I frequently hear the opinion that it's their best, but it just strikes me as boring when compared to those three prior albums.  I hope they drop the Danny Elfman stuff for the next albums, because it's been a serious obstacle to my enjoyment of their music.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #1003 on: December 02, 2012, 11:26:37 AM »
I can't get into Dark Chest of Wonders. There are also a couple of "alright, but nothing special"-songs. Thus Once is the weakest Nightwish album IMO.

Online Adami

« Reply #1004 on: December 02, 2012, 12:19:53 PM »
it also has the atrocious "Wish I Had an Angel."

I dare you to go to any Nightwish concert and say that to any female fan.

RIP.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1005 on: December 02, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »
I enjoy all of Once. Especially Wish I Had An Angel. Ghost Love Score is great and Creek Mary's Blood is great. The finnish song is fucking amazing, up their with Sleeping Sun.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #1006 on: December 02, 2012, 02:14:34 PM »
I like the whole album except for Wish I Had an Angel.
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Online Adami

« Reply #1007 on: December 02, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »
The only song off of Once I couldn't get into was Higher than Hope.

However when I saw Nightwish live (with Floor), they sang the song with the family of the guy the song is about on the side of the stage, and the performance was SO emotional, that I am actually a big fan of the song now.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1008 on: December 02, 2012, 03:17:54 PM »
One, the ending of the native american song goes on WAY too long.
HAY YA HOO HAY YA HOO HAY YA HOO HAY YA HOO HAY YA HOO HAY YA HOO HAY YA HOO HAY YA
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online Adami

« Reply #1009 on: December 02, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »
No that part is cool. I meant the speech.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1010 on: December 02, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
I wasnt a huge fan of I Wish I Had an Angel until I saw it live, its a great live song.  I appreciate it much more now.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1011 on: December 02, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »
I wasnt a huge fan of I Wish I Had an Angel until I saw it live, its a great live song.  I appreciate it much more now.

The same for me (though it was a live YouTube video), but I still think it's pretty mediocre.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1012 on: December 03, 2012, 10:03:04 PM »

Not their only song that's guilty of this.

Online Adami

« Reply #1013 on: December 03, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »

Not their only song that's guilty of this.

True, but at least with the Imaginareum song I can understand what they're saying, and the music is more interesting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #1014 on: December 07, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »
I'd like to introduce everybody to the subject of Tuomas's next project (not Nightwish).

https://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=183317

I have a feeling I won't be too involved with this next thing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com