Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 318079 times)

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #910 on: October 14, 2012, 01:28:20 PM »
I was SO thrilled to hear Ghost Love Score live. IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!!! The whole concert was amazing. OMG. My mom was a bigger fangirl than I was and she doesn't--er, didn't--like Nightwish that much. Of course the venue was packed and I literally could not move two inches. Also, we'd been in the car all day and I hadn't eaten dinner and I was starving and my feet were KILLING me but IT WAS WORTH IT. And Elize Ryd was staying at the same hotel as us. We never saw her but we know she was because this guy who was checking in next to my mom was complaining because they didn't have her room ready and later we saw him at the venue helping prepare the stage.

The BIG thing was my dad took a walk for an hour and my my mom, sis and I stayed at the hotel. An hour later and he called back claiming to have met and taken a picture with Marco (of COURSE he called him Tuomas at first) and nobody believed him until he came home and showed us the picture...

:omg: So yes...I am very jealous of my father! My mom also revealed that she has a crush on Tommy and I don't blame her at all. Another thing is that we didn't realize how ENORMOUS Tuomas is! He's literally SO tall. And Floor must be like 6'1". Okay, I think that's all now! :D
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #911 on: October 15, 2012, 12:06:17 AM »
Glad that you had great time hun... Your fam rocks!!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #912 on: October 16, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
Anyone see the full trailer for Imaginareum?

It doesn't look......bad, just not very good unless the very thought of Tim Burton makes you orgasm.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #913 on: October 16, 2012, 07:02:22 PM »

It doesn't look......bad, just not very good unless the very thought of Tim Burton makes you orgasm.

I thought it was pretty badass looking.

Online Adami

« Reply #914 on: October 16, 2012, 07:10:38 PM »

I thought it was pretty badass looking.

It looked okay. But like I said, it's pretty much just a modern day Tim Burton film.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #915 on: October 17, 2012, 12:02:53 AM »
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #916 on: October 17, 2012, 12:30:42 AM »
Looks pretty good! (and yes, I'm a big Tim Burton fan)

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #917 on: October 17, 2012, 12:32:16 AM »

If we see it together, I am NOT grabbing for any popcorn that is on your lap, got it?

I mean, unless you cut a whole in the bottom and put your winkle in there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #918 on: October 17, 2012, 12:38:32 AM »
Fine, but you're buying the popcorn.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #919 on: October 17, 2012, 12:39:56 AM »
Fine, but you're buying the popcorn.

Fine, but you're buying the penis.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #920 on: October 17, 2012, 12:42:48 AM »
first time I heard of this....trailer looked pretty cool.  better is the idea of a movie based on the band/music

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #921 on: October 17, 2012, 03:00:49 AM »
That was awesome with headphones!  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #922 on: October 17, 2012, 08:07:30 AM »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #923 on: October 17, 2012, 08:13:23 AM »
I really can't stand Tim Burton anymore, but the movie kind of looks interesting. Really the only thing that screamed Tim Burton was the flying thing. I think it would look way different if Burton was involved and would probably suck all kinds of ass.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #924 on: October 17, 2012, 11:07:18 AM »
Looks awesome! They better show this in the states. I can't stand to wait for a Blu-ray release.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #925 on: October 17, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »
Love the story and it looked like how I'd imagine it'd be, based on the artwork and band photos.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #926 on: October 18, 2012, 07:04:04 AM »
A whole convert, sorry if posted before, didn't see it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H0lz2KzzAw

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #927 on: October 18, 2012, 07:10:44 AM »
For the converts?  ;)
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #928 on: October 18, 2012, 07:23:01 AM »
I have one rule and I never seem to be able to follow it - don't do anything before your coffee mug is half empty xD

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #929 on: October 18, 2012, 08:55:29 AM »
Tarja Turunen has now announced in a Finnish newspaper that she is willing to return to the band. (Source: https://www.iltalehti.fi/popstars/2012100316156051_ps.shtml (warning: in Finnish)) Her only demand is that all the band members and the management of the band need to be replaced. So it's not likely to happen as long as Tuomas Holopainen remains in control of the band.

More seriously, I'm really anxiously waiting for Nightwish to play in my city. Still half a year before it happens, though. Floor Jansen just sounds like a perfect match to the band so I hope this will be a permanent solution.

Yeah, those are some reasonable demands :/

Tarja and her hubby/manager have some clout. They thought Tarja could be better without Nightwish, and boy were they wrong.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #930 on: October 18, 2012, 10:32:27 AM »
Tarja Turunen has now announced in a Finnish newspaper that she is willing to return to the band. (Source: https://www.iltalehti.fi/popstars/2012100316156051_ps.shtml (warning: in Finnish)) Her only demand is that all the band members and the management of the band need to be replaced. So it's not likely to happen as long as Tuomas Holopainen remains in control of the band.

More seriously, I'm really anxiously waiting for Nightwish to play in my city. Still half a year before it happens, though. Floor Jansen just sounds like a perfect match to the band so I hope this will be a permanent solution.

Yeah, those are some reasonable demands :/

Tarja and her hubby/manager have some clout. They thought Tarja could be better without Nightwish, and boy were they wrong.

Thats a more  prettier way of saying Im not going to return.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #931 on: October 18, 2012, 10:38:25 AM »
Looks awesome! They better show this in the states. I can't stand to wait for a Blu-ray release.

it is all over the place here in SoCal

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #932 on: October 18, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »
A whole convert, sorry if posted before, didn't see it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H0lz2KzzAw

Holy crap, Floor is amazing.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #933 on: October 18, 2012, 09:05:17 PM »

it is all over the place here in SoCal

You mean they are showing it there in theaters? Where did you find this out (or are there ads running)?
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #934 on: October 19, 2012, 12:27:39 AM »
Can anyone say tour-saver? I think this has done the world of good for the band's reputation. Only question is: what happens next? Any replacement other then Floor almost feels like a letdown after this.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online Adami

« Reply #935 on: October 19, 2012, 12:34:26 AM »
Can anyone say tour-saver? I think this has done the world of good for the band's reputation. Only question is: what happens next? Any replacement other then Floor almost feels like a letdown after this.

I hadn't thought of that. While I don't want Floor to join full time.........they're going to have a hell of a time getting people excited about anyone else.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #936 on: October 19, 2012, 12:37:39 AM »
Well, I don't think it's a realistic option, being Floor is busy doing Revamp and all....but it'd be a HELL of a career-move.....

Online Adami

« Reply #937 on: October 19, 2012, 12:44:19 AM »
Well, I don't think it's a realistic option, being Floor is busy doing Revamp and all....but it'd be a HELL of a career-move.....

Yea, but she's too big a name, it'd end up essentially being "Nightwish + Floor" rather than just Nightwish. They need a largely unknown singer.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #938 on: October 19, 2012, 05:28:45 AM »

Yea, but she's too big a name, it'd end up essentially being "Nightwish + Floor" rather than just Nightwish. They need a largely unknown singer.

I can see it now... from the Luca Turilli school of band naming - Floor Jansen's Nightwish. 

Tuomas would give it  :tup I'm sure.   ::)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #939 on: October 24, 2012, 11:44:49 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjqdoP_d9A&feature=related

Last Ride of the Day, from the last show of the US tour... about half way through the three vocalists from Kamelot came out to sing the rest of the song with Floor.  Really awesome. 

Kind of amazing to think that these two bands have replacement singers (although Tommy has been named permanent with Kamelot) and they are kicking major ass.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #940 on: November 11, 2012, 11:36:02 AM »
Concert in Helsinki....

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #941 on: November 11, 2012, 11:51:03 AM »
It must be so cool to do these really small/intimate clubs on one continent, and then do full arena's on another.  Best of both worlds.  YT clips are good audio... video not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Nmd5y78as
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #942 on: November 11, 2012, 12:01:07 PM »
Awesome pics.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #943 on: November 20, 2012, 08:22:49 AM »
Nightwish - "I Want My Tears Back" live from the Hartwall Arena 10.11.2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG-ahEP3EF0

Nice recording.  DVD perhaps in the future!?!?!?!  I'd blow a load if that was the case.

Online Adami

« Reply #944 on: November 20, 2012, 08:26:51 AM »
Nightwish - "I Want My Tears Back" live from the Hartwall Arena 10.11.2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG-ahEP3EF0

Nice recording.  DVD perhaps in the future!?!?!?!  I'd blow a load if that was the case.

Very cool video indeed. Really hoping for, you know.....the other songs. I doubt they'll release a DVD of it. But putting the rest of the show online would be amazing. Especially considering that I Want My Tears Back might be one of the least interesting songs on the tour.
fanticide.bandcamp.com