Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 317915 times)

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #560 on: April 24, 2012, 02:13:11 PM »
omfggottasee
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #561 on: April 24, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »
Wow, we will have to see if the story doesn't kill it, but they nailed the look.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #562 on: April 24, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
It certainly looked cool, but I have no idea what to expect from it.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #563 on: April 24, 2012, 07:52:08 PM »
Wow.........I am speechless from watching that. From the original idea, I wasn't too excited for the movie, but after seeing that I honestly cannot wait.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #564 on: April 24, 2012, 08:22:26 PM »
I hope it's an actual movie and not just a super long music video for the album.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #565 on: April 24, 2012, 08:36:43 PM »
I'm surprised it looks so professional. I was expecting an indie as fuck movie with shit production.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #566 on: April 24, 2012, 10:56:45 PM »
I'm surprised it looks so professional. I was expecting an indie as fuck movie with shit production.

Like Chemical Wedding?

Although CW had boobies...

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #567 on: April 25, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »
But...is that a "Nightwish" tat on her arm?  :facepalm:  Maybe it's just me, but...I think it's a really bad idea to get the band's name tattooed on you when you are a replacement member for a member who was previously fired. 
I dunno, even if she were to be fired now, completely out of the blue, I'd imagine Nightwish still is and always will be a big part of her life, as it's given her exposure and she's gone from being pretty unknown to the front of a big band.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #568 on: April 26, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »
I loved this album when it came out, and it has grown on me even more. I know that Storytime is the very poppy/mainstream song of the album, but it is really catchy. I love it.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #569 on: April 26, 2012, 07:39:33 PM »
Listen to the album every day. Love it.

AND THE MOVIE LOOKS AMAZING

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #570 on: April 26, 2012, 11:53:46 PM »
So I'm on the fifth track of Imaginaerum and holyshitstick this is some awesomely legendary shiznit. I've only listened and really loved four or five of Nightwish's songs but those songs are played quite a bit (Amaranth, Last of the Wilds, Nemo, Planet Hell). This whole album on the other hand seems like it will be nothing but the band blowing their load on every track from the sound of things and reviews.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #571 on: April 28, 2012, 11:54:40 AM »
I've never really thought it fair to call Anette a "replacement" for Tarja. If she were a replacement, she would come in and replicate Tarja's vocal style in order to blatantly fill the hole that Tarja left behind. But Anette brings new life and style to Nightwish, and they're doing things that they weren't before, so "replacement" doesn't really seem to give her the credit she deserves.

I've also always thought that on a "bad night" Anette is better than Tarja on a "bad night". Sometimes, live Tarja could just sound like "hoh hoh hoh ho hooooaa hoh hoh waaa" and it can REALLY get on your nerves. Plus, Tarja's vocals might have gotten boring after a while. And she was obviously clashing with the band members. Change was given where change was due, and Nightwish is as strong as ever!

Also, the movie looks verrry good. I was expecting something a bit...cheesier (a la kinda like how Cradle of Fear came out except not as sexy/gorey) but it looks like it has been done REALLY well in all honesty.
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #572 on: April 28, 2012, 11:58:50 AM »
She's a replacement for Tarja.  It's a word, not a debate.  Tarja was booted, they brought in a new singer.  Nothing about being a replacement says they're the same style of singer.

Online Adami

« Reply #573 on: April 28, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »
The problem with Anette is that she sounds....meh live. I've seen her live twice and saw countless recordings on youtube and I've never heard sound great. She sounds great on CD's, but live she has no power, no control and does trills on almost every ending note. She also skips the harder parts every time.

Nightwish in general though has been meh live since she joined the band. The sound on the CDs is huge, rich and slick and live it's thin, tired and falling short of their recordings.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #574 on: April 28, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »
Yeah, a friend just asked me a couple days ago if I wanted to go see Nightwish later this year.  My response wasn't far from that, having seen them with Anette already I don't think I'll bother again unless Tarja came back.  In a way, Anette sounded better on the Tarja material than I expected, surprisingly so, but it still wasn't the same.

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #575 on: April 28, 2012, 12:39:39 PM »
To be honest, I think Anette sounded perfectly fine when I saw them yesterday...
They had a really great stage show, lots of fire and lights, especially the effects during "Last Ride Of the Day" were outstanding. I only have 3 complaints about that show:
- The sound was much too bassy. The earplugs I wore didn't help either and sometimes there was basically just noise coming into my ears. However, after the first few songs it got gradually better and in the end the sound was really good.
- It was so damn hot inside the venue. And I mean really fucking hot. One of the people who went to see Nightwish with me went to the bar after only a few songs and couldn't even stand properly anymore ( a bit like when you can't stand anymore because you drank too much alcohol... only she was 100% sober...) At the end of the show I downed half a litre of water in half a minute and another half a litre a few minutes later. I never had to piss until after breakfast the next day...
- The acoustic version of Nemo began exactly like Untitled 6 by Sigur Ros... So when the piano melody came in I was kind of disappointed. :-\
Nevertheless, really awesome show.Especially because of the visuals.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #576 on: April 28, 2012, 10:16:08 PM »
Sweet, got tickets for the NYC show

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #577 on: April 28, 2012, 10:50:30 PM »
I would've gotten tickets for that tonight if I weren't a snotty teenager...fucking shit.

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #578 on: April 28, 2012, 11:11:15 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Discover took my card away. I blew the whole wad on VIP tix. In the end, I owe them an extra 65 bucks on top of my credit limit.

Two words: Worth it.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #579 on: April 28, 2012, 11:45:22 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Discover took my card away. I blew the whole wad on VIP tix. In the end, I owe them an extra 65 bucks on top of my credit limit.

:tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #580 on: April 29, 2012, 09:06:43 AM »

Who uses Discover anyway?

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #581 on: April 30, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
Last Ride of the Day is utterly amazing.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #582 on: April 30, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »

I do. It's my only credit card. I think they just give them away IMO. But with the tix I'll be able to jump the line and meet them before the show. GOnna be goooood!!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #583 on: May 01, 2012, 05:44:36 AM »

I do. It's my only credit card. I think they just give them away IMO. But with the tix I'll be able to jump the line and meet them before the show. GOnna be goooood!!!
Discover gives you this ability? Ill be damned.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #584 on: May 01, 2012, 06:06:49 AM »
I was surprised too, but like hell I'll complain.  :tup

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #585 on: May 04, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »
The movie has an official release date: August 17, 2012.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #586 on: May 04, 2012, 02:31:22 PM »
The problem with Anette is that she sounds....meh live. I've seen her live twice and saw countless recordings on youtube and I've never heard sound great. She sounds great on CD's, but live she has no power, no control and does trills on almost every ending note. She also skips the harder parts every time.

Nightwish in general though has been meh live since she joined the band. The sound on the CDs is huge, rich and slick and live it's thin, tired and falling short of their recordings.

As usual, I am in perfect agreement with Adami.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #587 on: May 05, 2012, 01:53:51 PM »
I can't stop listening to Ghost River. Marco's vocals in the chorus make my balls explode.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #588 on: May 21, 2012, 01:45:48 PM »
Anyone going to the SF show on October 3?
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Ruba

« Reply #589 on: June 17, 2012, 05:46:53 AM »
How am I loved only when I'm gone?
Gone back in time to bless the child

---------------------------------------------------

IT IS THE END OF ALL HOPE
TO LOSE THE CHILD, THE FAITH
TO END ALL THE INNOCENCE
TO BE SOMEONE LIKE ME

di-di-didididididi
di-di-didididididi
di-di-didididididi
dididi-dididi-dididi-dididi-dididi-dididi

Not will to wake for this morn
To see another black rose born
Deathbed is slowly covered with snow

Angels, they fell first but I'm still here
Alone as they are drawing near
In heaven my masterpiece will finally be sung

------------------------------------------------------------------

WAKE UP, MOW THE WEED
YOU'D BE NOTHING WITHOUT ME
TAKE MY LIFE IF YOU HAVE THE HEART, HEART TO DIE

Century Child  :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

Tarja (oh wait, how many I gave to Agnete Maria Kjolsrud? Oh well, here's enough)  :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #590 on: June 17, 2012, 02:24:29 PM »
How am I loved only when I'm gone?
Gone back in time to bless the child

---------------------------------------------------

IT IS THE END OF ALL HOPE
TO LOSE THE CHILD, THE FAITH
TO END ALL THE INNOCENCE
TO BE SOMEONE LIKE ME

di-di-didididididi
di-di-didididididi
di-di-didididididi
dididi-dididi-dididi-dididi-dididi-dididi

Not will to wake for this morn
To see another black rose born
Deathbed is slowly covered with snow

Angels, they fell first but I'm still here
Alone as they are drawing near
In heaven my masterpiece will finally be sung

------------------------------------------------------------------

WAKE UP, MOW THE WEED
YOU'D BE NOTHING WITHOUT ME
TAKE MY LIFE IF YOU HAVE THE HEART, HEART TO DIE

Century Child  :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

Tarja (oh wait, how many I gave to Agnete Maria Kjolsrud? Oh well, here's enough)  :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

:tup

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #591 on: June 17, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »
Do you guys have any idea how many times a day I hear my sister or mother singing Nightwish? Seriously.
A LOT.
My sister went through  phase when she sang The Carpenter 200x a day, and my mom is always humming Nemo or Amaranth, and my head is going to explode. When will I catch someone singing Sorgens Kammer dell 2?  :biggrin:  :omg:  :'(
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Online Adami

« Reply #592 on: June 17, 2012, 05:11:25 PM »
Do you guys have any idea how many times a day I hear my sister or mother singing Nightwish? Seriously.
A LOT.
My sister went through  phase when she sang The Carpenter 200x a day, and my mom is always humming Nemo or Amaranth, and my head is going to explode. When will I catch someone singing Sorgens Kammer dell 2?  :biggrin:  :omg:  :'(

The Carpenter? Seriously? Please tell me your sister did it as a goof.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #593 on: June 17, 2012, 05:20:18 PM »
A LOT.

The Carpenter? Seriously? Please tell me your sister did it as a goof.
:lol
No, she loves that song. Then again, she's 9, but still. She loves most everything Nightwish does! From the Carpenter, to Ghost River. She's gonna turn out just like me :P Except I started out on Ozzy Osbourne! She IS starting to really like Kamelot, though...!
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Online Adami

« Reply #594 on: June 17, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »
I like Nightwish too. But The Carpenter? Ehhhhhhh. A horrible song about Jesus. No thanks.

Although I do wish they'd stop essentially ignoring their pre-marco albums live.
fanticide.bandcamp.com