General > General Music Discussion

Nightwish...

<< < (2/790) > >>

bosk1:
A certain forum member here thinks Oceanborn is their best work, but I will have to disagree.  To me, they were still finding their sound back then.   To me, Century Child and Once are their best ablums by far.  Both of these albums rank very highly in my overall "best of all-time" album lists.

A few live tracks:

Dark Chest of Wonders

Slaying the Dreamer

Phantom of the Opera

Wishmaster

Nick:
Anette >>>>>> Tarja

Which is why I only own Dark Passion Play, really good album.

bosk1:
And Nick starts off the day with 9 fail points.  (He got a perfect 10 on the fail meter, but since he is the only one in the thread so far who spelled Anette's name corretly, I took one away)

ReaPsTA:

--- Quote from: bösk1 on December 09, 2009, 09:21:00 AM ---And Nick starts off the day with 9 fail points.  (He got a perfect 10 on the fail meter, but since he is the only one in the thread so far who spelled Anette's name corretly, I took one away)

--- End quote ---

I have to defend Nick here. Not just because I like Anette better as a singer, but it's when Nightwish started writing real music instead of power metal so outrageous that even Michael Romeo once said "Nightwish should tone it down a little bit, their music is just silly and over the top."

blackngold29:
I think Planet Hell is the first song that I heard from them and that was pretty much all that I needed to get hooked. End of an Era DVD is fantastical.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version