Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 138921 times)

Offline Dave_Manchester

Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #2485 on: April 21, 2018, 05:15:37 PM »
Aweome thanks!  I'll check them all out.  Floor is my favorite singer of the three, but Tarja is pretty amazing in her own way.  :tup

If you haven't seen them already, look up Floor's live performances of Ghost Love Score (there are several on Youtube). They are spine-chilling, especially towards the end.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• Do a nice one for grandma
« Reply #2486 on: April 21, 2018, 05:56:00 PM »
Aweome thanks!  I'll check them all out.  Floor is my favorite singer of the three, but Tarja is pretty amazing in her own way.  :tup

If you haven't seen them already, look up Floor's live performances of Ghost Love Score (there are several on Youtube). They are spine-chilling, especially towards the end.

I'm so glad I got to witness that live. I had a great view. Right behind the soundman, dead center, venue didn't bother selling the two rows in front of me so no tall people. It was the best ever.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

I Love You...Poppin Fresh

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2487 on: April 21, 2018, 10:30:00 PM »

I just saw her do it at the Portland Oregon Show almost two weeks ago. She was amazing and they closed with Ghost Love Score..  I also seen both of the Vehicle of Spirit dvd's and she does it especially well on the Tampere show.. 😎🎵
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #2488 on: June 05, 2018, 03:04:17 PM »
I just realized since I haven't been paying too much attention to the tour since it came to my area, that they have since added two songs to the setlist, Amaranth and Deep Silent Complete!  WTF I so would have loooovvveed to see Deep Silent Complete.  What an awesome addition to an already awesome set and Amaranth is cool because that was from the one album that wasn't represented on the set.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2489 on: June 11, 2018, 06:24:17 AM »
The Ex-Nightwish singer Tour should maybe be a ting?  :lol

Tarja Turonen - Live @ Sweden Rock festival Norje Sweden
THE DARK ELEMENT The Ghost and the Reaper, Sweden Rock Festival 2018

Anyway, nice too hear The Dark Element songs in a live setting. I still that album alot.
There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard.

/Ade Edmondson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #2490 on: June 11, 2018, 07:59:56 AM »
The Ex-Nightwish singer Tour should maybe be a ting?  :lol

Tarja Turonen - Live @ Sweden Rock festival Norje Sweden
THE DARK ELEMENT The Ghost and the Reaper, Sweden Rock Festival 2018

Anyway, nice too hear The Dark Element songs in a live setting. I still that album alot.

I was wondering if any video would surface from their show.  I wish there was more, they sound good and I still really like the album.  Actually would make for a good tour putting those two together.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #2491 on: June 11, 2018, 04:55:13 PM »
Yeah The Dark Element is a great album, I like it better than the last Nightwish, and it craps all over the last Tarja heavy album.
Live drummer looks like Baard Kolstad from Stratovarius.

Offline Kattoelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #2492 on: June 11, 2018, 05:21:57 PM »
Yeah The Dark Element is a great album, I like it better than the last Nightwish, and it craps all over the last Tarja heavy album.
Live drummer looks like Baard Kolstad from Stratovarius.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #2493 on: June 11, 2018, 07:41:15 PM »
Oops I meant from Borknagar and of course many other bands.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2494 on: June 14, 2018, 10:01:57 AM »
Just saw they have a show in Ziggodome here in November. Really curious how well that concert will be attended, because it has a max capacity of 17000. Anyways, it is high on my list of concerts to attend because it is awesome that a band in this genre plays in a concert hall that houses a lot of the biggest artists. In other EU countries they have been playing headline shows in front of comparible crowds (and offcourse much larger in Finland), but to have them book such a big venue over here is awesome.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #2495 on: June 14, 2018, 10:07:36 AM »
Just saw they have a show in Ziggodome here in November. Really curious how well that concert will be attended, because it has a max capacity of 17000. Anyways, it is high on my list of concerts to attend because it is awesome that a band in this genre plays in a concert hall that houses a lot of the biggest artists. In other EU countries they have been playing headline shows in front of comparible crowds (and offcourse much larger in Finland), but to have them book such a big venue over here is awesome.

That's right near where I work if I were to go to Amsterdam, going in August, but maybe need to find a way to get sent back in November.