Author Topic: MTV's Jersey Shore  (Read 30217 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: MTV's Jersey Shore
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 11:19:03 AM »
also, Angelina is an absolute cunt for that shit she pulled about not going in to work, and then not talking to her boss
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 01:51:25 PM »
Alright, new Jersey Shore Power Ranking. The ranking is a function of likability, how sympathetic they are, and how much I want to learn about them to keep breaking them down psychologically.

I'm warning you now, this is pathetically long. If you want the short version of the power ranking, here it is:

Ronnie - The dancing is a bit weird, and he's a bit emotional, but he's solid. The most adult character.
Pauly D - The most aware of the people around him and himself. But there's nothing super cool about him.
Vinny - He hangs out and doesn't cause problems. Nothing wrong with that.
Jwow - Not as evil as I initially thought. Maybe has the most psychological depth of the characters.
The Situation - Fascinatingly delusional.
Snookie - I feel sorry for her lack of identity, but she doesn't contribute much and is getting annoying.
Sammi - She's a manipulative sociopathic narcissist. I don't like her anymore.
Angelina - She sucked, I'm glad she's gone.

Why is the rest of this post so obsessively long? Because breaking these guys down psychologically is just that interesting. If you don't read it, then whatever. I can say what few Americans can, I'm actually learning things by watching Jersey Shore. Writing is how I sort that out.

Of course, I like what I write, and I very possibly have OCD. I'd feel very validated if you did read the extended power ranking. :D

Still Likable

#1. Ronnie
The dance floor thing was weird, but I don't think he meant anything weird by it. I still think Ronnie's cool. Did he overreact to the phone number thing? Yeah. But he didn't have a Situationesque blowup. He didn't know what to do, so he left the moment to collect himself. Overemotional, yes, but still the least childish of the cast. And out of all of them, he's the only one that seems to be making any real positive changes with himself. The next episode is going to be a defining moment for him. I feel like this guy could really explode with rage, and it wouldn't be pretty if he did.

#2. Pauly D
I said this in my blow-by-blow commentary of the episode, but out of all the cast, Pauly D is by far the most astute when it comes to the group's interpersonal dynamics. Also, this is kind of a stretch, but I think he might be the most self-aware of the cast. Has he said things about himself that are obnoxious and self-aggrandizing? Yes. But has he said anything about himself that's factually untrue? I don't think so. He's a DJ, women like him, and his hair - while aesthetically displeasing - does come out exactly how he wants it.

But only on the Jersey Shore is basic awareness something special. Also, he's older than most of the cast by over five years. It's impossible not to attain some worldliness. Aside from that, he hasn't really distinguished himself. He's creeping on the periphery of Jwoww and just hanging out. Relative to the rest of the cast, that's fine, but it holds him back from the number one spot. I really think this character could do great things, and I'm hoping the wait is because he's going to peak later.

#3. Vinnie
Vinny's kind of a funny guy. He wants to have a classy night, so he wears a white shirt, a purple tie, and a silver vest. Genius my man, genius. Once again, the editing is a big part of this, but he seems to be settling into the house a bit more. Rather than comment continuously about it, he seems more content to just sit back and take it in. Vinnie doesn't really do much to define himself, but he looks for a good time and minds his own business. He's solid so far. But I wonder what kind of arc he'll have in the future. He has a very rickety kind of likability.

The Delusional Ones

#4. Jwoww

Wait for it...

#5. Mike "The Situation"
Let me actually talk about The Situation first. He has to be one of the most delusional characters I've ever seen, in real life, reality television, and scripted entertainment. Everything he says is in direct contradiction with what I see on screen. I recognize that MTV editing can make him look more one dimensional than he is, but little things make you realize that he is just that out of touch with reality. When Angelina broke up with her boyfriend and he was calling back, he kept saying how she was a huge drama queen and that's why the drama was going down.

Uh. No. She left the club because she was emotionally torn up. I don't even know why everyone else was back at the house. But then THE BOYFRIEND was the one calling incessantly, and she was the one saying she wanted to ignore him for the night. I fully realize I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure The Situation is incapable of understanding basic facts concerning his inter-personal surroundings.

All that, combined with the fact that he actually seems to be a Sweetheart (sorry, I don't have a better word) capable of sympathizing with other people only further makes him more interesting. It's like there's two very different sides to The Situation...

So, Jwoww. She's probably the most improved of the cast. Last week, she just left a bad taste. But this time around, we see that she actually does have some dimension. She didn't lie to her boyfriend, and she regrets snuggling with Paulie. I'm not impressed, but it counts for something. She's the most openly slutty, and the most regretful of her sluttiness.

Jwoww is strange. I'd say she's even more delusional than The Situation. It took me a moment to be sure of this, but it's the way the delusion expresses itself which makes me think she's worse.

Jwoww's personal traumas are so deeply embedded that they actually anchor a completely consistent personality. With The Situation, you know two very different sides of himself are at work when he's nice to Sammi in one moment (he genuinely likes her as a person), and when he's talking about hooking up with her (the side that needs to validate the work he puts into improving himself). In fact, he's kinda like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Mike and The Situation are two separate sides of the same person.

But Jwoww can go from regretting acting slutty to acting slutty without missing a beat. She can say her boyfriend's a nice guy and then give him only 24 hours without having to change gears personality wise. The Situation has to be two people to act how he does. But Jwoww lives in a constant state where nice guys don't get second chances, and that the solution to ruining one relationship by cheating is to do it again.

By the way, the stuff in the club with Ronnie and Sammi just felt suspicious. Jwoww has never been up in other guy's business before, and now suddenly she's telling Ronnie about Sammi getting the phone number, and then going home to be with him "because he's lonely." Part of me wonders how much the MTV segment producers interfered. Is it a certainty? Not really. Sammi acted like an idiot by getting the phone number, and Jwoww seems to be worldly enough to catch those kinds of things and tell Ronnie what's up so he doesn't get played. Let's face it, she advertises herself as being a player, so she knows when girls are playing guys. As for when she decided to go back to the house, it makes sense too in its own way. She has a radar that looks for weakness in guys, and with Ronnie it went berserk.

Still, I dunno. I know the editors are going to pull the best storylines out of the real events to create narrative that isn't there, but Jwoww in the club just felt too convenient.

Girls Who I Have a Lesser Opinion Of

#6. Snookie
She's not really growing as a character at all. Everything I said about her before is still true. In fact, I'm starting to like her less. She's not a bad person, but what does she really do for anyone else? Nothing. But she's becoming more of an attention whore. That, and I can swear her tan's getting darker. The Situation described her as a "Little Miniature Chihuahua painted with some spraypaint." Still true. Her defining quote so far is when she talks about making out with her female friend in the hot tub.

"I had a feeling where I wanted to make out with somebody, so, uh, I made out with Ryder, 'cause guys like that."

She has no impulse control because her parents never told her no. She wants attention from guys because she never got real attention from her parents. Because her parents never did either of these things, she didn't get feedback as a child, and thus never developed a real sense of self.

Also, if she told Sammi that Ronnie went home with Jwoww, she's either an idiot or a drama queen.

#7. Sammi
Just no. I don't want to say Sammi is smart, that's a bit too much. But now I realize that she deliberately tries to take in the situation around her to manipulate it to her benefit. At the beginning of the show, she called herself "The Nicest Bitch you'll ever meet." That kind of overt, contradictory, and self-defining self-analysis can come from many places, and in her case it's because she tries to sort out other people's place in her world, and she wants to know her place as well. This chick is a hardcore narcissist who sees herself as the central character in a movie. The only way she could have thought it was appropriate to get the cop's number was if she was stupid (she isn't), or if she thought she was so important that nobody could be allowed to dance with another girl in front of her. If she thought it was a problem (which is completely understandable), she should have gone over and talked to him.

There's also this whole other possible layer where she might have known Ronnie wasn't doing anything major, but she chose to be insulted by it and chose to insult him back for getting the cop guy's phone number. Again, because she's the main character, and nobody's allowed to get in the main character's head. I was watching the first episode with one of my friends, and this conversation happened.

Friend "These girls are tough, man."
Me "But that makes no sense. They're such whores, but they have high standards. Why the contradiction."
Friend "Girls like this tend to want guys that can prove they can handle them."

I think he might be right. Because Ronnie danced with the other girl, Sammi decided he was going to have to work harder to keep her. Makes sense. But I still don't know what her problem is.

All I really know is that she sucks now. She's not a good person.

Good Riddance

#8. Angelina
I hope we don't get unlucky enough for her to come back. She was fundamentally unlikable, sucked in pretty much every way you can suck, and made the story less interesting. She made herself look like an idiot in front of the manager, and then really did disrespect the boss when she told him to talk to her in the bathroom. I'd be pissed if I were him too.

When it comes to the other characters. I wrote all this interesting (to me) stuff about their psychology because they're interesting to think and write about. With Angelina, I have no idea what's wrong with her and I don't care. On one hand, she seems to have deep issues. On the other, I think she's just stupid. One one hand, if you peeled away enough layers there might be a real personality in her I don't hate. On the other hand, she sucks so much, I'm not sure. What I do know is that I'll be glad not to write about her in next week's power ranking.

Good bye, you will not be missed.

---

As for me, I'm fully strapped into the Jersey Shore roller coaster and ready to keep riding. I'm not sure this is good for my mental health.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:05:22 PM by ReaPsTA »
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »
A couple links:

MTV Pulls Snookie Punch from Next Jersey Shore

Good article. I still don't quite know what I think of this yet. Importantly, they aren't pulling all mention of it out of the show. Just the actual video of the punch. Still going to be awkward.

DJ Pauly Delvecchio's Website

I haven't really gotten into this, but here it is for your perusal.
Over and over again

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2009, 02:02:30 PM »

It never gets old.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 02:06:15 PM »
If this show is one-tenth as entertaining as reading ReaP's posts on it, I think I need to check it out. My wife watches that '16 and Pregnant' crap so at least it won't involve any channel changing

And reading a synopsis with names like The Situation and Jwoww makes me feel I am reading up on the next Star Trek movie.

Edit.... ok Sigz's post might just send me over the edge in to the dark side. Time to check my local listings for when this is on.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »
I read it reapsta lol :>

Offline robbob

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2009, 03:07:35 PM »
I fucking refuse to watch this show.  I don't care how real it is, I really don't need to see a bunch of assholes living together.  All they care about is fist pumping?  That looks totally retarded.  I spend 25 minutes spiking my hair?  Closeted homosexual, maybe?  By the way YOUR HAIR LOOKS TOTALLY STUPID...

All the guys on that show are the type of people I refused to become when I was in high school, and all the girls on there are the type of girls I have absolutely no interest in at all.  People who are so self concious on their appearance and that'st he most important thing.... it's not... those people are all shallow... I hate how MTV glorifies shallowness on these types of shows... Spencer Pratt is a total dick and he kind of forced his way to becoming a "celebrity" and I can totally see taht happening with tis show and it pisses me off...

I pray to GOD that this show gets panned and it ends soon.  MTV was starting to get it's act together, by having shows like 16 and pregnant, shows that make a statement.  And they shouldn't be called MTV anymore... they don't even show music videos...

</rant>

Splenty, damn, I agree with you but cut the bitterness! It makes you look insecure. These kids are superficial yes, but holy shit MTV knows how to capitalize on it...and can you blame them? People will watch this in droves, it's compelling stuff. Not like I'm going to watch it, but it's got to be somewhat entertaining.

I totally agree with Splent. And, don't really give a damn if it sounds insecure.  Watching idiots act stupid and argue all of the time just isn't my cup of tea. 

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Couldn't be any easier if it was a Guidette!
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2009, 10:50:53 PM »
Between  Reap's posts and Cracked's write-up on this, I may need to get into this show.

Quote from: Cracked
Sammi’s probably the most controversial person on the show. In the first week alone, it seemed like Sweetheart and the Situation were sweethearts, and a romantic situation seemed to be developing, but then Sweetheart decided to complicate Situation’s situation by starting a new situation with Ronnie, Sweetheart’s allegedly preferred sweetheart. When the Situation found out, the situation started to spin out of control, when The Situation started spinning out of control. The Situation stormed off, presumably, to take his mind off the situation by watching CNN’s The Situation Room alone in The Situation’s room. Meanwhile, Ronnie, Sweetheart’s sweetheart, and Sweetheart sat in the kitchen eating (in a perfect world) sweet tarts. [It's pretty simple, really, in a buffalo sort of way.]
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2009, 11:00:56 PM »
Between  Reap's posts and Cracked's write-up on this, I may need to get into this show.

Quote from: Cracked
Sammi’s probably the most controversial person on the show. In the first week alone, it seemed like Sweetheart and the Situation were sweethearts, and a romantic situation seemed to be developing, but then Sweetheart decided to complicate Situation’s situation by starting a new situation with Ronnie, Sweetheart’s allegedly preferred sweetheart. When the Situation found out, the situation started to spin out of control, when The Situation started spinning out of control. The Situation stormed off, presumably, to take his mind off the situation by watching CNN’s The Situation Room alone in The Situation’s room. Meanwhile, Ronnie, Sweetheart’s sweetheart, and Sweetheart sat in the kitchen eating (in a perfect world) sweet tarts. [It's pretty simple, really, in a buffalo sort of way.]

:rollin

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2009, 11:22:05 PM »

I get the feeling you enjoyed the Buffalo reference.
Over and over again

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Right behind the bit about The Situation's room.
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2009, 11:24:01 PM »
Sadly, yes. It was my second-favorite part of that entire paragraph.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2009, 11:48:09 PM »

It never gets old.

This might be one of the most despicable things that I have ever seen.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2009, 12:02:34 AM »

It never gets old.

I can't stop watching it.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2009, 07:22:11 AM »

It never gets old.

I don't think that a man should hit a woman, but I also think that women shouldn't operate under the impression that a man won't hit them for whatever reason.  How could she reasonably expect not to get hit in the face when she's in a drunk meathead's face yelling, "Get your ugly ass out of our faces!"

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2009, 07:24:57 AM »
well in her defense, he had just stolen her drink
Photobucket sucks.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2009, 07:29:44 PM »

She does not need a defense.  Punching someone in the face is not a reaction that is warranted by getting yelled at by someone.  Who cares if she was getting in the guys face or not?  Her getting punched in the face over a drink or whatever is absurd in every way.  That guy has some SERIOUS issues.  So wrong on so many levels.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline TL

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2009, 07:41:27 PM »
While punching her in the face was an overreaction and unwarranted, people like her need to know that they can't act like that and assume there will never be repercussions.

Also, the guy who punched her did get arrested and lose his job.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2009, 07:43:51 PM »
I want to see if her hat fell off or not. It looks like it was coming off, but it's really bugging me because right as it's about to fall off the gif restarts.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »

She does not need a defense.  Punching someone in the face is not a reaction that is warranted by getting yelled at by someone.  Who cares if she was getting in the guys face or not?  Her getting punched in the face over a drink or whatever is absurd in every way.  That guy has some SERIOUS issues.  So wrong on so many levels.

She does not need a defense.  Punching someone in the face is not a reaction that is warranted by getting yelled at by someone.  Who cares if she was getting in the guys face or not?  Her getting punched in the face over a drink or whatever is absurd in every way.  That guy has some SERIOUS issues.  So wrong on so many levels.

oh I know, I didn't mean to imply that her being a bitch would be grounds for a punching. The post above me seemed like it was sort of trying to soften his action with "well, she was being a bitch", and my point was just that there was a reason she was in his face
Photobucket sucks.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2009, 07:50:38 PM »

Yeah I was just trying to take your point and push it further.  I knew what you were gettin at  :tup

oh I know, I didn't mean to imply that her being a bitch would be grounds for a punching. The post above me seemed like it was sort of trying to soften his action with "well, she was being a bitch", and my point was just that there was a reason she was in his face

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2009, 09:23:39 PM »
Good Lord, I just heard on the BS Report that Ronnie is 5'6''. I'm the shortest guy I know and I'm 5'6''. Unreal if true.
Over and over again

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2009, 10:46:14 PM »
Good Lord, I just heard on the BS Report that Ronnie is 5'6''. I'm the shortest guy I know and I'm 5'6''. Unreal if true.

wouldn't surprise me. A lot of these macho type guys are short and most likely why they try to act so tough... I worked with a guy like that over the summer.

Offline TL

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2009, 05:57:19 PM »
There's actually a psychological basis for that. It's been shown that often, shorter guys will be more aggressive because of being literally overlooked by others.

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »
Oh Dear Lord...

(To Preface, for those who do not know, my family owns two tanning salons in North Jersey)

So apparently this dude "The Situation" used to tan at one of our salons.  I forget his real last name already but my coworker apparently knows who this dude is. 

And apparently my coworker is friends with the girl who was hooking up with this douchebag on last night's episode.

Holy SHIT this is great.  In a horrible sort of way.    :lol :rollin :lol

Horray for NJ...yaaaaaaayyyy  :loser:
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2009, 06:07:44 PM »
:lol :lol that's awesome
Photobucket sucks.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2009, 08:12:56 AM »
Oh Dear Lord...

(To Preface, for those who do not know, my family owns two tanning salons in North Jersey)

So apparently this dude "The Situation" used to tan at one of our salons.  I forget his real last name already but my coworker apparently knows who this dude is. 

And apparently my coworker is friends with the girl who was hooking up with this douchebag on last night's episode.

Which girls though?  Let's not forget that The Situation and Pauly were able to pull off the switch with those groups of girls.  I love how they told the girls that were leaving that they were roommates who were being bitches, and on their way out they comment on how their roomamates are bitches.

And after seeing the whole "punch" scene, Snickers totally didn't deserve to have her face crushed.  I kinda can't believe it even happened, and if the security didn't step in, that guy would not have made it out of that place in one piece.

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2009, 01:26:55 PM »
Oh Dear Lord...

Which girls though?  Let's not forget that The Situation and Pauly were able to pull off the switch with those groups of girls.  I love how they told the girls that were leaving that they were roommates who were being bitches, and on their way out they comment on how their roomamates are bitches.

And after seeing the whole "punch" scene, Snickers totally didn't deserve to have her face crushed.  I kinda can't believe it even happened, and if the security didn't step in, that guy would not have made it out of that place in one piece.

Oh, I have no idea which girl it was.   :lol

And I'm not one to promote violence against women, but if that little troll of a girl was screaming in my face with her horrid spray tan and her even more horrid North Jersey accent, I'd be REALLY tempted to punch her too.  I'm not saying she deserved it, but I'll bet that guy felt SO GOOD immediately after he did it.

And no, I didn't watch it, so I don't know the circumstances.  Apparently he was taking their drinks and not paying for them...if this is the truth, then perhaps that bartender should have stepped in before it escalated to that.
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2009, 03:10:18 PM »

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2009, 06:10:58 PM »
Okay, for those of you with doubts, or if you're just looking for a reason to watch this show, check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn7VvZ0EZCY

I think "Snickers" might actually be dead.  I don't think I've ever seen a chick get destroyed like that.  Truely awesome.

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2009, 08:07:26 PM »
I want to see if her hat fell off or not. It looks like it was coming off, but it's really bugging me because right as it's about to fall off the gif restarts.

It falls off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laVFFYy0vzk

Okay, for those of you with doubts, or if you're just looking for a reason to watch this show, check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn7VvZ0EZCY

I think "Snickers" might actually be dead.  I don't think I've ever seen a chick get destroyed like that.  Truely awesome.

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laVFFYy0vzk
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2009, 08:34:10 PM »

It falls off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laVFFYy0vzk

Well, I can finally go to sleep now.

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2009, 08:59:08 PM »
Oh my god this shit keeps getting better:

So I found out today that this dude "The Situation" not only used to tan at our salon, but that his ex girlfriend used to work for us.   :lol

Now that I actually realize who this dude is, I can tell you that he was in fact a trainwreck even before he became a pseudo celebrity.  Although to be fair, the girl that worked for us was pretty normal, and not at all like the airheaded guidettes that are on the show.
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2009, 09:01:44 PM »
Oh and for the record, the dude is from Manalapan, NJ...not Staten Island as he would have everyone believe.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why you would brag about being from Staten Island, but whatever.  Manalapan is a town that consists mostly of uber rich people and spoiled rotten kids.  Yeah.  But he's from Staten Island, so he's tough.  Whatever, douchebag.   :lol :rollin :lol
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2009, 11:57:30 PM »
HIS ANCESTORS IMMIGRATED HERE THROUGH STATEN ISLAND. WHEN YOU INSULT AN ITALIAN'S HERITAGE, YOU INSULT HIS FAMILY'S HERITAGE. YOU'RE A WOMAN, YOUR ROLE IS IN THE KITCHEN!!!!!!

GUIDOS 4 L1FE!!!
Over and over again

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2009, 01:16:20 AM »
So here we go with episode four:

- Ronnie said his relationship with Sammy is real. Does that happen after making out a few times and boning once? I thought relationships were about building up trust and emotional connection.

- Angelina's still in the opening credits. I am disappointed. This cannot be a good sign.

- I want to know how they do the sit-down interviews on reality TV. They're have a lucidity you can only have you're doing a post-mortem on a situation, but they talk in present tense.

- So Ronnie was getting a bit overly tight with the girl too after he saw Sammi with the guy? I can't hate him as much for it because there isn't quite the conniving angle, but still weak. Also, why does he immediately take his shirt off when he gets back to the house?

- I like Vinny telling Sammi she made a mistake with the cop.

- I just realized that the music playing in the club is also used as score music. This explains why the conversation in the club sounds so obviously overdubbed. But this brings up a weird question. Do they bring the cast back in to ADR their lines? And also, why even have the quiet talking with subtitles thing except to emphasize that they're in a club. Which, in fairness, is a real reason.

- Sammi obviously has no self-awareness. She sounds so confident and sure of herself when she talks about how she acts, but in the moment you can see she's really emotional and pouty. Also, I think Jwoww's telling the truth when she says she didn't hook up with Ronnie (why didn't Sammi ask Ronnie this question?). But then what were they doing? Ronnie seemed too depressed to do really anything except shower. Jwoww looked ready for bed. Now I'm just confused. This creates further evidence for my MTV segment producer manipulation theory. Once she was back home, Jwoww didn't actually want to do anything, so they sat around in silence.

- Why is Sammi acting like she was so depressed at the bar? Why's she acting so depressed now? Why's she talking to Ronnie at such a lower level of intellect than normal? It's like when she's crying in front of him she's almost trying to act this way. And of course, they make up at the end. Messed up people seem to have this pattern of engaging in vicious fights, then having an almost religious feeling of reconciliation at the end. It was also interesting to me that, as the argument went on, none of the shots were from guys walking around with cameras.

- "I got girls back here almost every night. There's not a time I don't have girls coming back. Girls love The Situation."

"I'm hooking up with my girl. Paulie's hooking up with his girls. We're gonna have sex, so it's a Situation."

Amazing. I don't care if someone's writing this stuff. He needs to start writing major studio comedies.

- I'm kinda torn on the music for this show. It's kinda well written, but it's way over the top dramatic.

- Also, I just noticed something with Ronnie. He's kinda naive, which fits well with the persona he was putting out at the beginning of the show with regards to women.

- "Hopefully he forgives me and gets over it." Oh Jwoww. Oh Jwoww. She has so many confused emotions when it comes to her boyfriend.

We're 12 minutes in and I already wrote all this. Good god.

- Ugh, the conversation between Ronnie and Sammi as they walked away from work felt really edited. I'm not happy about the Jersey Shore reality breaking down.

- Man, poor Vinny. He seems so out of his element in the barber shop. The Situation ripping on Ronnie is funny. Partially because it's kinda true, partially because he's still obviously jealous.

- WOAH! Snookie's actually kinda athletic.

- Pauly D "I'm not tryin' to fall in love at the Jersey Shore, I just want to hook up." When he says it, I actually believe him. Also, the girl shaking her head no at The Situation after he kissed her in the club made me smile.

- I think, aside from Ronnie and Sammi, Pauly D and The Situation have the tightest friendship of any two people on this show, which is kinda interesting for some reason. Watching The Situation bark orders at women is honestly kinda depressing.

- AAAAAHHHHHH. Even with random women, The Sitaution acts snippy if he can't get his way.

- Ugh. Why did the original two girls go to the shore house? The only reason I can think of is an MTV segment producer slipping them a couple hundreds. Did Pauly and The Situation even tell them where it was.

- I legitimately am impressed by Pauly and Mike's cunning in telling the upstairs girls that the downstairs girls were their roommates.

- Now I'm just confused again. Like The Situation or not, the chick he's macking is insanely hot. How he got her baffles me. On the other hand, why would Pauly D call his chick busted? She seems nice and without any glaring defects. She likes kinda cute. I don't get it. Jwoww isn't busted?

- Eh, never mind, the blonde chick is kinda lame.

- Pauly literally just walked away from The Situation. I can't believe this. It's too good.

- And, to be honest, he really should have tried to get the cockblocker out of the room, if we're gonna hold him up to his loose sense of standards. I can't believe that The Situation is with the hottest girl on the show right now. This is unreal.

I'm like 30 minutes in, and I gotta finish another time. Getting tired.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:31:06 PM by ReaPsTA »
Over and over again