Author Topic: MTV's Jersey Shore  (Read 30210 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: MTV's Jersey Shore
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2011, 08:54:45 AM »
"I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet"

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2011, 11:12:33 AM »
Yeah, Sammi's done a complete 180. She was very likable in season 1.

What?

Right away she was one of those girls who thinks she's nice but also takes pride in being bitchy to other people.  While I sympathize with the level of emotional dysfunction necessary to actively live a lifestyle that involves cultivating two mutually exclusive personality traits, she was still a crappy person.

I realize Ronnie was a bad boyfriend, but she took offense to EVERYTHING he did and acted like it was the end of the world.  If it was that traumatizing, why date him?  Ugh.
What I meant by that was, that at least I could see someone having a conversation with her, maybe even liking her. Now, as Deena said, I don't know how she even has friends!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2011, 11:27:52 AM »
The thing that amazed me about Sammi, was the whole note issue from season 2. She was more pissed off at Snooks and J-wow for not telling her to her face, than she was at Ronni for fucking up on multiple occasions.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2011, 11:29:37 AM »
That's just women nature.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2011, 02:05:29 PM »
So I've only watched this show a few times and find it pretty pointless, and my friend posted a message on facebook about watching the premiere and his mom asked him "What could possibly be different than last season?" and he laughed it off, but that seems like a legit question to me... what changes?

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
Not much changes, just different drama and storylines.  Basically same thing as any other show season to season. 

It's just entertainment.  It's not high class television.  It's not intelligent.  It's just entertainment.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2011, 03:26:34 PM »
So I've only watched this show a few times and find it pretty pointless, and my friend posted a message on facebook about watching the premiere and his mom asked him "What could possibly be different than last season?" and he laughed it off, but that seems like a legit question to me... what changes?

Angelina was replaced by Deena... duh

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2011, 05:05:13 PM »
I'm hoping that there is a new group of Guidos for next season.
The way I see it, Jersey Shore, as it stands, is a trilogy. Like the original Star Wars Trilogy.

Act One stands on its own. They could've ended both JS and SW after the first shots at it. Death Star is blown up, end of story. In Jersey, lots of drama happens, but by the end its all resolved and everyone becomes closer. Both end on a positive, conclusive note.

Act Two is much different. More meandering in both stories. There's stuff with Yoda, Lando, and Han & Leia that are really side stories to Luke and Vader. Meanwhile, I feel like, in Miami, "LetterGate" was the turning point, and the story becomes about the fallout of that incident, with some side meandering with Pauly and Vinny's love interests, Angelina leaving, and the various minor fights that break out. Also, Luke is left on his own and still has unresolved business with Vader, just as Sam is isolated and has unresolved issues with JWoww, Snooki, and pretty much everyone else.

So, I see Season 3 to end the story of this cast of Guidos. In the preview, it seems as though Sammi leaves, so that, I suppose, differs from Return of the Jedi, in that the underdog Luke fought back and succeeded, Sammi just gives up. However, I see the rest of season as a means to tie up the loose ends, and conclude the JS saga.

Also, with Deena here, we're one Ewok closer to turning it into Return of the Jedi.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:07:38 PM by setrataeso »
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »
Wow.  You just nearly perfectly analyzed and correlated JS to Star Wars.  :clap: :clap:
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »
T-Shirt Time is now 9pm est tonight..Monday
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2011, 11:44:51 AM »
I'm not going to be able to watch it tonight.  Hopefully my roommate DVRs it.  Or I could just watch it online tomorrow.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2011, 11:58:31 AM »
I'm not going to be able to watch it tonight.  Hopefully my roommate DVRs it.  Or I could just watch it online tomorrow.

dont despair... they do replay them often!
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2011, 01:10:03 PM »
But don't forget there's one on Thursday also!

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2011, 02:34:43 PM »
But don't forget there's one on Thursday also!

You mean tonight is like a "special Monday Night " one?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2011, 07:10:51 PM »
Yes, MTV is premiering a show after so they put Jersey Shore in front so they can boost the ratings.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2011, 07:36:46 PM »
its  so easy to hate on this show, but i actually think the dudes (excluding ronnie) are actually pretty funny

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2011, 06:45:56 AM »
The guys are funny as hell. Anyone else think Snooki is going to end up on one of those rehab shows once the Jersey Shore ends?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2011, 10:13:44 AM »
its funny.. its not really "how people who grew up in NJ" view the NJ shore.. but its more how NYers come to the NJ shore and give their flavor, its all good as NJ and NYC are so connected...I know Sammie and Mike are from NJ.. but they are far from typical..

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »
Yo wtf is up with snookie?  She looks like a meth head but with alcohol.  And pauly d continues to be my favorite.  He had some good lines in the last episode.

Ronnie and Sammie are a freaking mess.  I can't believe Ronnie even wants to be with her.  Good times.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2011, 11:48:53 AM »
It is a fun watch...I do love shows done in NJ so I can see all my hot spots..

there is  now a show called Jerseylicious, about a hair salon that my wife went to for years, she knows the people on the show.. also on the Housewives of NY show we had a friend of my wife and I on it..
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:07:50 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2011, 01:54:35 PM »
I have never seen this show before. Reading through this thread has gotten me interested enough to want to check it out.

....dammit
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
T-Shirt Time Tonight!

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2011, 11:16:36 AM »
Ok so I watched the first episode of Season 2 last night and while I understand that Angelina is a bitch and everything....she's hot as hell. Just sayin'.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2011, 11:20:16 AM »
I'd smoosh her.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »
I mean, she's EASILY ten times hotter than Snookie, Sammi, and Jwoww combined.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2011, 11:31:34 AM »
Idk... Jwow is smokin

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2011, 11:38:21 AM »
JWoww and Angelina are the hottest out of all of them.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2011, 11:40:46 AM »
Jwoww's voice irks me. When she speaks it sounds like she's coughing up cigarettes. Or something.

Anyway, I thought the first episode of Season 2 was alright. The best part was when all four girls were yelling at each other in the taxi, and then it cut to the guys in their taxi and they were just chillin not saying a word. Haha.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2011, 01:19:52 PM »
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2011, 01:55:21 PM »
Jwoww's voice irks me. When she speaks it sounds like she's coughing up cigarettes. Or something.

Anyway, I thought the first episode of Season 2 was alright. The best part was when all four girls were yelling at each other in the taxi, and then it cut to the guys in their taxi and they were just chillin not saying a word. Haha.

Yeah, that was great.

What was with Sammi on Monday's episode? Coming up to Ronnie and just saying "what did you do?" "you tell me!". Was she high? That was so random...
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2011, 04:59:24 PM »
Watched the second episode of the second season. Parts I lol'd at:

1. The phone rang for Angelina right after Angelina and Snookie's fight, and Snookie bluntly tells the person on the phone "She died."

2. When Vinny asks The Situation what he should do with the chicken Snookie dropped, and The Situation says "Just pick the shit up dawg."

I'm starting to really like this show. :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2011, 08:57:01 AM »
Once you get beyond how much you hate those kind of people in real life, the show get's way funnier. I laugh every time Ronni laughs. Not because he is funny, but because he sounds like a fucking retard.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:10:36 AM by Chino »

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2011, 09:05:03 AM »
Yeah, Ronnie definitely seems like the dumbest of the four guys. Maybe I'm being unfair and stereotyping based on his physique, but he reminds me of a dumb jock from high school.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2011, 09:05:41 AM »
I fucking lost it on the last episode with the whole Ronnie clone and then Vinny and Pauly making fun of the note situation in Miami! :rollin :rollin :rollin

Funniest thing I've seen in a while!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2011, 09:11:22 AM »
The funniest part was that Roni's face was in the pillow. He hadn't even looked up yet and he knew who they brought in the house.