Author Topic: New song posted on Youtube of my instrumental band, Poleaxe  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Basekick

New song posted on Youtube of my instrumental band, Poleaxe
« on: November 14, 2009, 12:54:02 PM »
Hey guys, I've been writing a lot of guitar riffs and songs in my day, but the only ones I traditionally show are acoustic guitar songs, as a whole band isn't required to make it sound complete.

Well screw that.

I've posted a song on youtube of my father and I jamming to a song I wrote called "Lost World", and I would like to know what you guys think of the general direction of our band thus far.  It is more of a joke/hobby than anything else, but someday I'd like to get a vocalist and bassist together and try to crank out some cool songs with the stuff I've written.

Anyway, I would love to know what you guys think (all comments, negative or positive are appreciated!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsCDuSP76-Y
"10,000 hours of practice - not talent - creates virtuosos."

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."  - Jimi Hendrix

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
Re: New song posted on Youtube of my instrumental band, Poleaxe
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 07:15:24 PM »
Nice, sounds rockin'! :tup

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 08:41:50 PM »
I liked it....good stuff

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 08:46:50 PM »
Really good. Nothing I didnt like about it :tup
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 08:56:45 AM »
It was  :metal for a while, but then it began to get a bit too repetitive. It's a great start though, and I really enjoyed it once it started to change up. Vocals would rock with this song.

Keep it up...more videos?  ;)  ;D

Offline Basekick

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 03:55:33 PM »
Thanks guys for your comments!  I forgot to mention that this recording of it is a little dated, as we've changed up the bridge (I personally dislike this bridge, since it was purely on the spot, but let me know if you think it works well), added an outro riff or two, and I threw in some more guitar fills to spice up some of the repeating sections a bit.  True Death, I appreciate you telling me about its repetitive nature, and I'll look into trying to make each section more distinct, and work on the flow of the song to help prevent the listener from being bored at any moment.

As for vocals, I would loooooooove to get a good vocalist to jam with, and I kinda have a decent amount of soaring vocal sections in my head that would take this song to another level.  As for additional recordings, we do have a few, but the equalization was horrible and it's not worth it to post unfortunately.  Hopefully we can find some time to record a couple more of our ideas, and I'll be sure to post em here for you guys to hear.

Thanks again for listening and commenting!  Happy to hear you guys enjoyed it!
"10,000 hours of practice - not talent - creates virtuosos."

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."  - Jimi Hendrix