News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

DT Biography, Lifting Shadows Discussion

Started by Rich Wilson, November 13, 2009, 12:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Wilson

Mod Edit: Older details and discussion found here-
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=5589.0

From www.liftingshadows.com

Today we're announcing the publication date for the two new editions of Lifting Shadows: 30th November 2009.

The books are currently being printed, and they'll be sent out from our warehouse in the days immediately after the publication date. The delivery time will vary depending on where you are in the world, but you should receive your order in plenty of time for Christmas.

The publication date will also mark the end of the pre-order period. So orders placed after 30th November will no longer benefit from the 15% discount  on the Classic Edition. If you haven't placed your order yet, now's the time to buy.

Finally, if you have already placed your order, please take a moment to check that we have the correct shipping details for you.

It's a little while since the first orders were placed, so if your address has changed since ordering you'll need to let us know. You can update your details online using the weblink at the bottom of your confirmation email. Please note that any amendments to your shipping address must be made by 23rd November 2009

ariich

Yay! :D

Though there is already a sticky thread about the book Rich :lol Although admittedly a lot of people ignore sticky threads.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Rich Wilson

Quote from: ariich on November 13, 2009, 12:33:16 PM
Yay! :D

Though there is already a sticky thread about the book Rich :lol Although admittedly a lot of people ignore sticky threads.

Which is exactly why I did it! Sorry man. Couldn't resist. I just don't want any unhappy DT fans who will moan at me if they missed out on the discount  ;)

ariich

:lol Nah it's all good, Nick swapped the stickies around and I posted an update in that one linking to here, so hopefully we have everyone covered. :biggrin:

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

blackngold29

Awesome timing makes for a great birthday present for me. I have quite a few things that I want to read over holiday break and this is at the top of the list. Can't wait!

Rich Wilson

In case this makes a difference to anyone, the publishers are adding Paypal as a payment option for the book . . .

bosk1

For what it's worth, that actually makes a pretty big difference for me--probably the difference between not getting it and (now) getting it.

SystematicThought

So when do you sign the limited editions? I've always been curious about where in the publishing process the books are signed

Rich Wilson

I was sent a stack of 2000 pieces of paper, which were all signed, then sent back to the printers. They then crop the pages and bind them into the book!

emindead

Quote from: Rich Wilson on November 23, 2009, 04:52:18 AM
I was sent a stack of 2000 pieces of paper, which were all signed, then sent back to the printers. They then crop the pages and bind them into the book!
How many pens, markers did you have to use?

Rich Wilson

Dreamsryche

If anyone is interested in my 1st edition of Lifting Shadows I am selling it on ebay so I can save up for this next semester of college.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230404797947&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Sorry if this goes against the rules to post this.  I don't remember it being something we couldn't do though. 

Rich Wilson

Last three days to secure a pre-order discount, so if you were thinking of ordering then you might as well save some money!

www.liftingshadows.com

Nick

Quote from: Dreamsryche on November 26, 2009, 09:09:35 PM
If anyone is interested in my 1st edition of Lifting Shadows I am selling it on ebay so I can save up for this next semester of college.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230404797947&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Sorry if this goes against the rules to post this.  I don't remember it being something we couldn't do though. 

The words book was never read.... :(

SystematicThought

Very excited for this now heading into the week of release. Hoping to get my copy second week of December or so

Rich Wilson

Quote from: Nick on November 27, 2009, 03:34:57 PM
Quote from: Dreamsryche on November 26, 2009, 09:09:35 PM

The words book was never read.... :(

LOL!

Rich Wilson

Quote from: SystematicThought on November 27, 2009, 10:57:06 PM
Very excited for this now heading into the week of release. Hoping to get my copy second week of December or so

Release date is tomorrow. In the warehouse by middle to end of next week, and then sent out to you all!

ariich

Shadow2222

Had my parents order it as a Christmas present a few days ago. I'm very interested to see who gets the Golden Book. Good luck to everyone that preordered, and if someone on here gets it, please post.  :D Hopefully I win, but I'd be almost as happy if any of you get it  ;D

Rich Wilson

The publishers have posted a video of the first copies to arrive in their office being unpacked:

https://liftingshadows.com/2009/11/30/dream-theater-uncovered/

Nihil-Morari

Cool!

I'll be waiting at my mailbox for the next two weeks, that's for sure!

SystematicThought

So they'll be shipped the week of the 7th-11th or sometime this week. Sorry, Rich, I am kind of confused

Rich Wilson

The Classic Edition should be shipped this week. Once the publishers / distributors receive the limited, leather edition (which should be the end of this week/ beginning of next) then they will ship too

Rich Wilson

The pre-order discount ends today at 5pm UK time (GMT)

Rich Wilson

Here's the first pic of the limited edition!

Zydar

SystematicThought

2Timer

Wow...I knew I should have ordered the limited edition.

SystematicThought

Production problem eh..

Looks like the Count of Tuscany didn't want the world to know about his story.

Seriously though, I am fine with the wait, it gives me something to look forward to

ariich

Quote from: SystematicThought on December 02, 2009, 01:01:27 PM
Production problem eh..

Looks like the Count of Tuscany didn't want the world to know about his story.

Seriously though, I am fine with the wait, it gives me something to look forward to
...Eh?

Rich Wilson

Incidentally, there are still copies of the limited edition available . . .

Rich Wilson

Quote from: SystematicThought on December 02, 2009, 01:01:27 PM
Production problem eh..

Yeah - only a delay of a few days. They needed to make sure the books were properly shrink-wrapped but nothing major. More info here:  https://liftingshadows.com/2009/12/02/lifting-shadows-hot-off-the-press/

ariich

I'd hardly even call that a "production problem" :lol

Looking forward to getting my copy in time for Christmas. My present to myself :D

blackngold29

Wow, cool pictures that would be a neat place to work.

Oh and if everyone hasn't found it yet, subscribe up: https://www.youtube.com/user/liftingshadowsbook

Rich Wilson

Footage of the limited edition being unpacked at the publishers is now online over at:

https://liftingshadows.com/news/