Author Topic: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Thread (Star Three on the way)  (Read 383557 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Thread (ItEC LIVE Announced)
« Reply #2205 on: September 28, 2018, 07:48:02 AM »
Godammit, I cannot miss this. I'll have to somehow take my lazy ass on a flight to Tilburg in sept next year.

I'd start by petitioning Tilburg to build an airport. :D :P
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2206 on: September 28, 2018, 07:49:18 AM »
I have to figure out if I could actually make a trip like this happen now. Hmmm.

You and me both brother.  Now that the jingle.kids are in post-secondary, I just might see about trying to book a european vacation for mrs.jingle and I.

Just need to figure out the money. Apparently actually getting a ticket seems impossible based on how fast they sell, so they want you to spend 100 bucks on the new thing to get a chance to get a ticket. So that's ticket cost plus 100 dollars. Plus I have no idea where I'll be living next September, so hard to even know if plane tickets are affordable.

Ugh.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2207 on: September 28, 2018, 07:51:34 AM »
4 013 shows, so 12000 capacity in total. Definitely gonna try to get tickets! Hopefully I will succeed. Garuanteed to be an awesome show. And again in probably my favourite concert venue.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2208 on: September 28, 2018, 07:55:00 AM »
4 013 shows, so 12000 capacity in total. Definitely gonna try to get tickets! Hopefully I will succeed. Garuanteed to be an awesome show. And again in probably my favourite concert venue.

So 3000 capacity per show? I guess my main concern is close to that many dutch or European fans going to all four shows or at least multiple shows. I just wish it was easier for a shlub like me to get there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2209 on: September 28, 2018, 07:56:04 AM »
Well, it convinced me to get the Earbook in the plan to get a 2-day advanced option to buy tickets.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2210 on: September 28, 2018, 08:02:38 AM »
I have to figure out if I could actually make a trip like this happen now. Hmmm.

You and me both brother.  Now that the jingle.kids are in post-secondary, I just might see about trying to book a european vacation for mrs.jingle and I.

Hopefully Adami figures everything out, would be great to have him there!

Jingle, in the teasers leading up to this Jennie talked about potentially coming over to spend some time there before or after the shows, though she is unlikely to attend the actual events. So while it probably won't be as big as what you do since we just did a big expensive Europe run last year, I'd say we'll at least spend a few days in Amsterdam and perhaps some time in Germany.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2211 on: September 28, 2018, 08:15:35 AM »
CALL ME EXCITED  :metal :metal :metal

Great cast, cool that Fish is there and even cooler that Arjen himself will play the Hippie, finally he's on stage for his own songs (and not just the encore).

He's never played any of his stuff live except for encores?
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2212 on: September 28, 2018, 08:21:26 AM »
CALL ME EXCITED  :metal :metal :metal

Great cast, cool that Fish is there and even cooler that Arjen himself will play the Hippie, finally he's on stage for his own songs (and not just the encore).

He's never played any of his stuff live except for encores?

He played the final four songs live with Ayreon Universe, and has played Ayreon songs live with Stream of Passion and Star One in the past. Also some stuff acoustic over the years.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2213 on: September 28, 2018, 08:45:05 AM »
Hey, I've already seen two Ayreon shows live. May as well see this one too to make it 3/3. :biggrin: I'm not buying the earbook though, so if there are no tickets after the 24th, oh well.

I'll have to figure out how to include this in my vacation, but I'm pretty sure it's doable for me unless our national currency becomes even shittier than it is now.

Also I hope I can book an Airbnb flat earlier this time because last time there were none left in Tilburg and we had to stay in Breda. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2214 on: September 28, 2018, 12:05:22 PM »
I'll be patiently waiting for the blu-ray release. That being said, ItEC is one of my least favorite Ayreon albums.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2215 on: September 28, 2018, 12:22:31 PM »
This could be fun. I liked the Ayreon Universe show and Tilburg is pretty much around the corner for me. Let's see if I can make it this time again :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2216 on: September 28, 2018, 12:45:15 PM »
Godammit, I cannot miss this. I'll have to somehow take my lazy ass on a flight to Tilburg in sept next year.

I'd start by petitioning Tilburg to build an airport. :D :P
Me :facepalm:

Some research might do me some good.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #2217 on: September 28, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »
NL isn't that big. If you fly to amsterdam or eindhoven (even better) you're about 1.5hrs away from the venue by train.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2218 on: September 28, 2018, 01:31:16 PM »
NL isn't that big. If you fly to amsterdam or eindhoven (even better) you're about 1.5hrs away from the venue by train.
:tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2219 on: September 28, 2018, 01:34:11 PM »
:tup

I think the train I took from Tilburg back to Amsterdam's airport was honestly only about an hour, but definitely 1.5 at most.

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #2220 on: September 28, 2018, 01:37:17 PM »
yeah but it's a 20min walk from the station ;)

Offline Adami

« Reply #2221 on: September 29, 2018, 04:04:43 PM »
Okay, so which one of you nerds wants to help me out? Especially after I called you nerds.

I've decided I'll buy a ticket to one of the shows (considering it's on my birthday) and want that 48 hour advance thing. So...which specific thing do I have to buy to get it? Could you link me to that? There are 3 or so ITEC reissue options and I dunno which one it is. Since I have no 5.1 or vinyl, I don't really need them, but I'll get one for the 48 hour thing. So which specific one do I need?

Thanks.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2222 on: September 29, 2018, 08:16:09 PM »
Greetings, Ayreonauts!

It's time to mark your calendars again!

People who've preordered the ITEC reissue through the Ayreon store (via Mascot) will receive an email with a special link and code to buy tickets as early as 24 October (that's 48 hours before the general public) CLICK TO PREORDER

Cheers from all of us here at the Electric Castle!

I added the URL that my newsletter email led me to.  I think you can get any of the reissue options - I ordered the €49.99 Earbook package.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

« Reply #2223 on: September 30, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »
Ordered! Hope it works.

I figure I'll buy a ticket to the concert no matter what and then try to figure the rest out later. Trying to get Jackie to go too, but I'm not hopeful.

Also, for the people who went to either Theater Equation or Ayreon Universe, about how much were tickets? Were they seated or GA?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2224 on: September 30, 2018, 03:09:53 PM »
Ordered! Hope it works.

I figure I'll buy a ticket to the concert no matter what and then try to figure the rest out later. Trying to get Jackie to go too, but I'm not hopeful.

Also, for the people who went to either Theater Equation or Ayreon Universe, about how much were tickets? Were they seated or GA?

Show is at 013 (same as Ayreon Universe) and thus will not be seated. Regular price for Ayreon Universe was 55 euro, VIP tickets were 85 euro.

Theater Equation was a different story as it was in a theater, seated. Thus, pricing of tickets varied wildly.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2225 on: September 30, 2018, 03:10:55 PM »
GA is good. VIP for 85 euro. Doable.

Cheers mate!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2226 on: September 30, 2018, 03:38:06 PM »
I wonder if we will see any additions to the album, as with the Human Equation. I really liked those small reprisals and wouldn't mind something similar for The Electric Castle. And I wonder if Arjen will stick to the album or have some other songs at the end. Human Equation was a theater show with acting and all, this seems to be more of a concert approach. Either way, I hope I can make it.

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #2227 on: September 30, 2018, 08:21:03 PM »
he did say it would be a 2-3hr show. So the full album, plus some extra goodies. I do hope there's some more affordable merch this time around. I ripped off a poster near the lockers off the wall so i a least had something to take home XD

Offline Adami

« Reply #2228 on: October 02, 2018, 07:42:03 AM »
I'd think he'd want to do a bigger production, at least with characters and stuff if they're doing a full on rock opera, but maybe I'm wrong.

And if they do extra songs for the encore...awesome, as long as they skip out on Love. We have had enough of it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #2229 on: October 08, 2018, 10:40:40 AM »
They had a video on their FB page today confirming that John De Lancie is playing a character/doing narration. Really cool!
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2230 on: October 08, 2018, 10:52:33 AM »
They had a video on their FB page today confirming that John De Lancie is playing a character/doing narration. Really cool!

WHAT?!?! THEY GOT FREAKIN Q?!?!

fanticide.bandcamp.com

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2231 on: October 08, 2018, 11:17:08 AM »

Had to think there for a moment because I was in the wrong universe  :lol

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #2232 on: October 08, 2018, 06:15:00 PM »
i already set an  alarm forb when tickets go on sale

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2233 on: October 08, 2018, 06:55:06 PM »

Fuckin cool!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5yvFKISA4

Offline Adami

« Reply #2234 on: October 08, 2018, 08:12:16 PM »
Well that really helped push me over the edge of going. Assuming it's possible, I'm there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #2235 on: October 13, 2018, 03:40:52 AM »
So... I've been going through the Ayreon discography

Honestly, I think this might be my new favourite band :metal :hefdaddy

(well... solo artist I guess, but you get the idea)
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2236 on: October 13, 2018, 03:49:47 AM »
I've recently watched The Theater Equation... wow  :o

Impressive rendition of the album, our own James and the singers were all great and with good acting skills, and the choirs were impressive. Excellent performance, and the, let's call it, "easter egg" at the end with the Dream Sequencer was awesome  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2237 on: October 13, 2018, 04:24:41 AM »
Got my shipment notification for the ITEC Earbook.  :caffeine:

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2238 on: October 15, 2018, 09:52:53 AM »
Arjen posted a video on FB with some setlist info about the show (slight spoilers below):

Besides the actual full album, the show will feature one song from each of his side projects (Guilt Machine, his solo album, The Gentle Storm, Stream of Passion, Ambeon and Star One).
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2239 on: October 15, 2018, 10:57:07 AM »
That's some pretty exciting news.

Any guesses or hopes for those songs?

For The Gentle Storm I got to see them do most of the storm versions, and given their location nearby I'd want to see the gentle version of Heart of Amsterdam. I would also love a full version of Cold Metal, that teaser on the SoP tour was quite amazing.