Author Topic: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Thread (Star Three on the way)  (Read 376142 times)

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Thread (Star Three on the way)
« Reply #3430 on: October 15, 2022, 11:33:38 AM »
I think I might want to go this time. How much have the tickets cost for the concerts?

Tickets are cheap compared to flghts and hotels.... totally worth it though.
Hoping to score tickets this time too.

Only been to Electric Castle and Other Stories  and kicking myself for missing the other ones.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #3431 on: October 24, 2022, 12:14:28 PM »

01011001 LIVE - CAST REVEALED + LIVE Q&A WITH ARJEN & JOOST
Dear Ayreonauts!

Here we are again with some exciting news for you about the '01011001 - Live Beneath the Waves' shows.

CAST REVEALED

During the last months we’ve been hard at work taking the first steps with the live production of the new shows and above all, gathering the vocalists and instrumentalists. We are very happy to announce this amazing cast that will make the 01011001 come alive.

Original 01011001 cast:
Hansi Kursch (TBC)
Tom Englund
Daniel Gildenlow
Jonas Renkse
Anneke van Giersbergen
Simone Simons
Wudstik
Marjan Welman
Liselotte Hegt
Maggy Luyten
Phideaux Xavier
Arjen Lucassen (yeah, sorry for that)

Special guests:
Damian Wilson
Brittney Slayes
Micheal Mills
John Jaycee Cuijpers

Backing vocals:
Marcela Bovio
Irene Jansen
Jan Willem Ketelaers

Band:
Marcel Coenen - guitar
Timo Somers - guitar
Johan van Stratum - bass
Joost van den Broek - keys
Ed Warby - drums

Ensemble:
Ben Mathot - violin
Jurriaan Westerveld - cello
Jeroen Goossens - woodwinds

Arjen: "I’m extremely happy with the singers that we managed to get for the 01011001 shows, what a cast! It’s always a big challenge to enlist all the singers for the live shows so far in advance, because so many of them are mega successful and therefore really busy. So... if your favourite singer isn’t there, PLEASE know that I did the best I could, but some simply aren’t available. Always to their own regret. I’m sure you agree that we have no less than 19 amazing singers here (apart from that hippie-dude), already proud of them!"

I hope Hansi can make it.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3432 on: October 24, 2022, 12:16:35 PM »
They got Daniel!? Niiiiiiice.

Still no Russell though?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline 425

« Reply #3433 on: October 24, 2022, 12:21:44 PM »
I wouldn't have expected Russell seeing as he wasn't on the original album.

It looks like the biggest missing names are Jørn and Floor. Just based on the list, it seems probable to me that Brittney will be doing Floor's parts, which should be interesting. I'd guess Cuijpers would be doing Jørn's parts.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Online Adami

« Reply #3434 on: October 24, 2022, 12:22:20 PM »

It looks like the biggest missing names are Jørn and Floor. Just based on the list, it seems probable to me that Brittney will be doing Floor's parts, which should be interesting. I'd guess Cuijpers would be doing Jørn's parts.

You're totally right. I got it conflated with The Source. My bad.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3435 on: October 24, 2022, 12:27:48 PM »
They got Daniel!? Niiiiiiice.

Still no Russell though?

Allen isn't even on the album.

I would like to hear some Transitus and more The Source songs. But with the recent re-release of TUM, I am guessing, we'll see more of that album again such as Dawn of A Million Souls or And The Druids Turn to Stone. 
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline 425

« Reply #3436 on: October 24, 2022, 12:30:55 PM »
Several of the guests were on the newest Star One, so I don't think it'd be crazy to see a song or two from that.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3437 on: October 24, 2022, 12:34:41 PM »
Several of the guests were on the newest Star One, so I don't think it'd be crazy to see a song or two from that.

So true. I forgot about it. I need to listen to it again. There's so much music I have been getting into that the new Star One went past me when wanting to listen to some new albums.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online Adami

« Reply #3438 on: October 24, 2022, 12:38:40 PM »
Sad I can't go, but very excited for the people who can and when I get the blu ray eventually.

Hoping they ignore Transitus completely and some of the other songs that've been played a bunch at their few live shows. Plenty of good unplayed songs to pick from.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3439 on: October 24, 2022, 12:54:39 PM »
Sad I can't go, but very excited for the people who can and when I get the blu ray eventually.

Hoping they ignore Transitus completely and some of the other songs that've been played a bunch at their few live shows. Plenty of good unplayed songs to pick from.

Mike Mills is there so Dumb Piece of Rock is guaranteed.   :biggrin:

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3440 on: October 24, 2022, 01:15:01 PM »

Mike Mills is there so Dumb Piece of Rock is guaranteed.   :biggrin:

Oh I *hope* so! Probably one of my favorite pieces from Transitus!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #3441 on: October 24, 2022, 01:33:01 PM »

Yeah, those are both great replacements, this is a stellar lineup of vocalists. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3442 on: October 24, 2022, 01:39:13 PM »

This is who I think could be doing these singers Forever lines...

Damien - Jorn
Simone - Floor
Brittney - Floor/Steve Lee/Bob Catley (Arjen could do a switch for all of his lines)
Jaycee - Jorn/Steve Lee
Phiduex - Bob Catley (Seems plausible since he only has like 4 lines in the entire album)
Mike Mills - Steve Lee
Magali Luyten - Bob Catley/Steve Lee (I could see Arjen giving her more lines to sing)

I really do hope that Hansi can be confirmed. Him, Tom, Daniel, Steve Lee, along with Floor are the singers that give this album it's tone, so I am glad that Arjen was able to get Tom and Daniel. Those two were the ones I was really wondering about. I had a feeling Jorn and Bob wouldn't be able to do it, since they are likely going to be touring with Avantasia (who knows what Toby has planned for the Moonflower Society tour). Whenever I listen to this album, these singers define the album for me in terms of it's vibe and atmosphere. All the singers do, and I am excited to hear them all, especially how the above listed singers will be singing these songs.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #3443 on: October 24, 2022, 02:03:52 PM »
I hope Hansi will be there (surely Blind Guardian is not planning a show without their bassist, Johan?).

Great lineup either way. Plenty of talent on board to bring the album to life.

I assume Britney will do Floor's lines.

And I do hope they will not ignore Transitus and play Dumb Piece of Rocks, should be a fun live song!

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3444 on: October 27, 2022, 02:55:52 AM »
I saw some of the Live Q&A on Facebook with Joost and Arjen. This is what I gathered from just the first 15 min out of an hour of Q&A...

Hansi is confirmed.

I was almost correct with this statement:

This is who I think could be doing these singers Forever lines...

Damien - Jorn
Simone - Floor
Brittney - Floor/Steve Lee/Bob Catley (Arjen could do a switch for all of his lines)
Jaycee - Jorn/Steve Lee
Phiduex - Bob Catley (Seems plausible since he only has like 4 lines in the entire album)
Mike Mills - Steve Lee
Magali Luyten - Bob Catley/Steve Lee (I could see Arjen giving her more lines to sing)

The guest singers will be integrated like a puzzle since there isn't a set character each singer sings. The Forever are like The Borg, a unified consciousness, and the guests will continue to be a part of the unified consciousness. That is an awesome concept to implement into the live shows.

This means that we'll likely see the original cast sing most of their lines, while the guest singers will intermingle with whomever Arjen/Joost feel would suit the lines in the song.

I could actually hear Brittney sing River of Time along with Hansi, and I think it would sound awesome hearing both of their voices harmonize in the chorus.

Also, they mentioned being amazed at Brittney's voice and sort of hinted about her doing most of Floor's lines, since Floor won't be there.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #3445 on: October 27, 2022, 08:15:58 AM »
We got tickets, thankfully, but that queue system was some real damn bullshit. I literally called someone as a back up after 20 minutes in "the waiting room" and that person was 3000 spots ahead of me and got the tickets while I could not.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3446 on: October 27, 2022, 08:20:11 AM »
VIP tickets for the sunday bought.

Anyone else there that day?

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #3447 on: October 27, 2022, 08:44:42 AM »
VIP tickets for the sunday bought.

Anyone else there that day?

I managed to snag a single ticket for sunday (evening show) as well. Will likely be coming alone that day.

Offline majo

« Reply #3448 on: October 27, 2022, 10:54:48 AM »
We got tickets, thankfully, but that queue system was some real damn bullshit. I literally called someone as a back up after 20 minutes in "the waiting room" and that person was 3000 spots ahead of me and got the tickets while I could not.
true  :-\
Life's too short to remove USB safely.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3449 on: October 27, 2022, 11:06:03 AM »
I will say, any time you have thousands of people trying for limited tickets all in the same instant, no system is going to run perfectly. The queue definitely gave me heart palpitations, but better than a server going down, or orders freezing, etc, that I've seen previously.

I managed to get two tickets for the dress rehearsal as well as two tickets for Friday. Normally I'd do three or four shows, but making a vacation (possibly honeymoon) out of this with the wife. That said she's only going to the Friday show, so if anyone wants it, I'll put the offer out here first.

For 200 Euro (that's 25 Euro off of full price) you will get rehearsal entry and all the goodies EXCEPT early entry on Friday. Plan is I'll do the dress rehearsal myself and go in with whoever buys the extra ticket. Then I use the two special wristbands to get myself and the wife in early on Friday. From there I can give you the wristband to use Saturday/Sunday for any of those shows if you intend to go.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3450 on: October 27, 2022, 02:12:44 PM »
Not sure I'll be doing this one (I didn't get tickets, but didn't try to either), but if there's a little DTF meetup there like last two times, I'll come over to say hi for sure :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #3451 on: October 28, 2022, 04:22:21 AM »
yeah that cue was frustrating, but i got 2 tickets for friday. I've been to the previous shows and can't wait to see and hear what they're doing next!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3452 on: November 07, 2022, 08:33:08 AM »
Arjen just posted on FB:
My dear friends, we got so many messages from disappointed people who couldn’t get tickets for the sold out Ayreon shows. And as you can imagine that feels really bad. So… now we’re feverishly looking for a way to arrange one more show for you! But it won’t be easy… more about this soon!

Looks like a fifth show could happen!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3453 on: November 10, 2022, 07:14:24 AM »
BIG NEWS: extra '01011001 - Live Beneath the Waves' show added!
Dear friends, we have managed to organise an additional show, especially for all the disappointed fans who were unable to get tickets so far!
It will be an afternoon show on Saturday the 16th of September 2023.
Tickets will go on sale Thursday the 24th of November at 16:00 CET.

Thanks and good luck!

-Marc.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #3454 on: November 10, 2022, 07:24:50 AM »
Really cool that they are doing this!

Must be taxing for some of the musicians that will play the 2+ hour show so many times.

Also, they delayed the Migrator vinyls, due to a delayed production as vinyl pressing plants are in too large of a demand. I personally don't mind. It is not like it is an album that is new to me.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3455 on: November 16, 2022, 01:19:29 PM »
Got my Earbook delivered today....
Beauiful package... signed by Arjen

Love that his preorders are sent out early

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3456 on: November 16, 2022, 02:43:39 PM »

Did you get any sort of shipping notification email? I haven't seen anything from Mascot lately.

-Marc.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3457 on: November 17, 2022, 06:05:30 AM »

Did you get any sort of shipping notification email? I haven't seen anything from Mascot lately.

-Marc.

I got a mail from UPS but not from Mascot

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3458 on: November 17, 2022, 11:07:09 AM »

-Marc.

I got a mail from UPS but not from Mascot

Just got an email this morning regarding my order. Apparently shipments were held up at customs but are arriving in California for distribution very soon and that orders will be delayed by a few days. I guess it'll arrive just before or after Thanksgiving then.

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3459 on: January 09, 2023, 08:21:37 AM »
Arjen just posted a graphic for "Arjen Lucassen's SUPERSONIC REVOLUTION" on Facebook. Looks like a new project this year!

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fphoto%2F%3Ffbid%3D691998659250768%26set%3Da.564027712047864

EDIT - Looking at some comments, Arjen has said that this is NOT a solo album and that it's a brand new band. Hope we get some more news in the coming weeks!

-Marc.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 01:58:43 PM by The Letter M »

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #3460 on: January 10, 2023, 03:38:49 PM »
Interesting!

Would not have minded another solo album in the vein of lost in the new real.

Also, I finally received my test pressings for the Universal Migrator album, signed with my name and all. But I still don't have the box set  :(

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #3461 on: January 10, 2023, 04:29:57 PM »
I think he told a commenter earlier in the day that this new project was going for a cheesy 80s rock angle.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3462 on: January 10, 2023, 07:40:39 PM »
I think he told a commenter earlier in the day that this new project was going for a cheesy 80s rock angle.

Given the obvious Roger Dean inspired logo, I hope it's along the lines of ASIA and 80s Yes, then, and less like typical 80s power metal.

-Marc.

Online Adami

« Reply #3463 on: January 10, 2023, 07:50:54 PM »
Arjen doing a cheesy project?

I’ll believe it when I see it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 08:12:33 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3464 on: January 10, 2023, 07:58:40 PM »
Arjun doing a cheesy project?

I’ll believe it when I see it.

:)
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'