Author Topic: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Thread (Star Three on the way)  (Read 381108 times)

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Re: New Ayreon title revealed....
« Reply #315 on: March 26, 2013, 06:21:54 AM »
:caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine:

Is it already in the works? Completd? :caffeine:
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #316 on: March 26, 2013, 06:46:09 AM »
Almost...he's writing lyrics....
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #317 on: March 26, 2013, 06:47:41 AM »
Nem knows but she won't tell  :yeahright

Also

When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2013, 07:03:13 AM »
:happydance:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2013, 07:37:12 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOO! :caffeine:

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #320 on: March 26, 2013, 07:44:32 AM »
Anyone here ever encounter the Australian prog band The Third Ending?   I've done some collaborating with their guitarist before.  Anyway, a few years back, I produced a charity CD to benefit the victims of the Tsunami.  The project was called "The Tsunami Projekt"

The second track on disc one of that two disc set was by a band called "Theory of Everything" - that band is now known as "The Third Ending" and you know why?

Because someone crawled out of the woodwork and threatened to bring legal action against them for using "Theory of Everything" as their name because it was already copyrighted.

Just makes me wonder if Arjen will run into any issued with that album title  :justjen

Online The Letter M

« Reply #321 on: March 26, 2013, 08:48:08 AM »
Anyone here ever encounter the Australian prog band The Third Ending?   I've done some collaborating with their guitarist before.  Anyway, a few years back, I produced a charity CD to benefit the victims of the Tsunami.  The project was called "The Tsunami Projekt"

The second track on disc one of that two disc set was by a band called "Theory of Everything" - that band is now known as "The Third Ending" and you know why?

Because someone crawled out of the woodwork and threatened to bring legal action against them for using "Theory of Everything" as their name because it was already copyrighted.

Just makes me wonder if Arjen will run into any issued with that album title  :justjen

Would adding the article "The" before it make it ANY different in the eyes of copyrights? I mean, if so, then good for Arjen. I like the title, A LOT, and if it's going to tie in with all the previous Ayreon albums (as it should), then the title is very fitting.

If not, there's always alternatives like "The Everything Theory", which is similar, twisted in a way, but still conveys the same idea, I think.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2013, 08:52:09 AM »
I'm actually excited for this. I'm not a huge Ayreon fan but I do like some of his stuff on 01 and I think the concept of the Human Equation is really cool. So I'm hoping this will be more of those cool things.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Orthogonal

« Reply #324 on: March 26, 2013, 11:36:38 AM »
I think the copyright on songs is more for the actual content/music, not the name of the songs. Names of songs and albums are recycled by hundreds of bands all the time. If that weren't the case, we'd have run out of song names by now. Or they'd all be crazy non-sense.

Regardless, new Ayreon :squee:

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: March 26, 2013, 12:11:58 PM »
Actually, now that I think about it, adding "The" changes everything.  Because when I first came up with my band name and I did a copyright search, I found a band called "Anabasis" and I contacted them and told them I was going to name my band "The ANABASIS" and they said "go for it"

And yeah, new Ayreon is always  :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #326 on: March 26, 2013, 12:16:57 PM »
I suspect there's also a distinction between band names (identity, ownership) vs song or album titles - which is only a description.  I have a playlist of songs that have the EXACT same title - there's 667 songs from my library alone with the exact same title.

Nonetheless, cool title and picture.  Now we just need a release date, and list of guests!  If stalker 'Nemmie' wasn't so tight-lipped!   >:(
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #327 on: March 26, 2013, 02:35:27 PM »
Pretty sure Arjen could name the album Dark Side of the Moon and get away with it. Never really seen it being an issue.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Orthogonal

« Reply #328 on: March 26, 2013, 02:49:04 PM »
I think Band name's fall under Trademark law which is different than copyright. That's why Band name's are not copyable, but album's/song's are.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #330 on: March 27, 2013, 01:16:04 AM »
I don't know either :dunno:

Arjen :hearts:

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2013, 02:06:43 AM »
Would adding the article "The" before it make it ANY different in the eyes of copyrights? I mean, if so, then good for Arjen. I like the title, A LOT, and if it's going to tie in with all the previous Ayreon albums (as it should), then the title is very fitting.

If not, there's always alternatives like "The Everything Theory", which is similar, twisted in a way, but still conveys the same idea, I think.

-Marc.

Or he could just go with "The Theory Of Everything Of Fire:loser:
- Marco

Offline Fisi

« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2013, 03:10:16 AM »

-Marc.

Or he could just go with "The Theory Of Everything Of Fire:loser:
:rollin

This is great news, really looking forward to the album.  :metal

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2013, 03:49:55 AM »
lol  :lol

Nem knows but she won't tell  :yeahright

Also

I suspect there's also a distinction between band names (identity, ownership) vs song or album titles - which is only a description.  I have a playlist of songs that have the EXACT same title - there's 667 songs from my library alone with the exact same title.

Nonetheless, cool title and picture.  Now we just need a release date, and list of guests!  If stalker 'Nemmie' wasn't so tight-lipped!   >:(

awww  :heart

Well actually.... It’s kinda funny that we fans assume that he has set a release date by now… and all song names are there and stuff… I don’t think it works that way… Ayreon is still WIP.

that'd be nice though...
Quote from : Nem's silly imagination on Today at 11:06:43 AM
Mmm.. ok  now I am gonna make an album… let’s give it a title.. yessss… Scenes From a Memory.. that sounds cool … now I need a memory….  :lol
Ok now.. what to call  the opener track… oh.. how about  Regression? Wow.. that’s it…
Now I’ve got all the song names… here you go John .. go ahead get the the booklet printed , I will compose some songs
  :P :P :P

Seriously.. things just happen in the studio.. when the inspiration is there, I saw musicians writing a fantastic song in two hours…. if it’s not there, they’ve got nothing to do but sit and wait until the muse comes back… Albums like Ayreon’s take a lot of creativity, inspiration to come by…
So my point is… chances are even the man himself doesn't know the answers to those questions  :lol
Plus… the record labels dictate their every single move…. I experienced this with Epysode – AFM Records.. geez… they might start to tell the musician what to eat for lunch…. let alone what to reveal when...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2013, 04:17:46 AM »
EPIC!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2013, 05:12:40 AM »
ok.. for Nekov and Jingle...

here I give away..... It is a double-album.

I beat Century Media to it  :biggrin:

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #336 on: March 27, 2013, 05:15:24 AM »
ZOMG!  :omg:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #337 on: March 27, 2013, 05:36:13 AM »
No fucking way!  :metal
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #338 on: March 27, 2013, 06:00:07 AM »
 :2metal:

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2013, 06:35:43 AM »
AWESOMESAUCE EXPLOSION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2013, 06:36:19 AM »
You rock Nem!!!!

:2metal: :2metal: :2metal: :2metal: :2metal:
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2013, 06:51:04 AM »
Wait a minute...ALL of his albums have been double-albums....  :facepalm:
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2013, 06:57:46 AM »

I was about to post my super secret reaction gif, but yeah, you are right  :biggrin:
- Marco

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: March 27, 2013, 07:42:23 AM »

I was about to post my super secret reaction gif, but yeah, you are right  :biggrin:

Not quite.  I don't think The Final Experiment was a double (not at 71 minutes).  Actual Fantasy wasn't.  And technically, Universal Migrator was two separate albums.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #344 on: March 27, 2013, 07:43:03 AM »
Yea i know.....

but still:
DOUBLE ALBUMDOUBLE ALBUM

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2013, 08:40:15 AM »
I can't wait until the reveal of this album's guest musicians. :metal Absolutely no idea at this point.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2013, 11:02:26 PM »

-Marc.
Or go like Gogol Bordello and make the Supertheory of Supereverything. :hat

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #347 on: March 27, 2013, 11:20:09 PM »
Is there a release date yet?
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #348 on: March 28, 2013, 12:02:06 AM »
The lyrics aren't finished, let alone any of the recording, so it will likely be several months until we have a date.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online The Letter M

« Reply #349 on: March 28, 2013, 12:30:53 AM »
The lyrics aren't finished, let alone any of the recording, so it will likely be several months until we have a date.

I'm expecting anything between November '13 and February '14. Which I am okay with. Actually, I just hope it doesn't come out the same month as Transatlantic's next album because they will be battling it out for listening-dominance in my life!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!