Author Topic: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Thread (Star Three on the way)  (Read 376094 times)

Offline ErHaO

Re: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Thread (ItEC LIVE Announced)
« Reply #2450 on: April 02, 2020, 11:06:12 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyed my second watch and decided to give to Bluray to my dad and buy the wooden boxset. I was already planning to buy the vinyl and initially wanted to buy the Earbook, but chose to put that money into concerts. But those have all been cancelled, as well is my holiday, so I decided to treat myself. And as a Vinyl guy, the items in the box seem very nice.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2451 on: April 03, 2020, 12:08:02 PM »
My Earbook arrived today, i'm so giddy right now!

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2452 on: April 04, 2020, 09:47:55 AM »
My wooden box arrived. Was not expecting it so soon (due to corona). I love it! Not sure where I will put the box itself, because it is quite large. But all items look great, especially the vinyl and earbook (which are offcourse the main items).

I will check out the picture disc, curious to see how the rehearsal recordings sound.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2453 on: April 07, 2020, 12:02:42 PM »
FINALLY!!!  Got my shipment notification.

:fistpump:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2454 on: April 15, 2020, 07:10:30 PM »
Got my earbook and t-shirt in today!!! Currently watching the BD and WOW what a show this is!!! The production values are through the roof, and everyone is on fire! I'm not sure if I'll like this more than the other two live Ayreon concerts (THE Live was REALLY good IMO), but this is shaping up to be one of the best concert videos I own!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2455 on: April 17, 2020, 07:18:19 AM »
I ordered from Mascot and nothing yet. Not even a shipping confirmation.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2456 on: April 17, 2020, 07:20:40 AM »
Watched the Blu Ray yesterday finally.

Oh man. I loved it so much. I just had such a huge smile on my face for almost all of it. I would still make the kick drum more powerful but I think that is my only bit of criticism. It is just SUCH a good performance by everyone. Completely blown away. It's also such a joy to see everyone up there so happy and having a good time. It gets a bit boring seeing bands trying to look cool but clearly just doing their job. It seemed really obvious that almost everyone on stage was just having such a good and fun time.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2457 on: April 17, 2020, 08:24:07 AM »

Oh man. I loved it so much. I just had such a huge smile on my face for almost all of it. I would still make the kick drum more powerful but I think that is my only bit of criticism. It is just SUCH a good performance by everyone. Completely blown away. It's also such a joy to see everyone up there so happy and having a good time. It gets a bit boring seeing bands trying to look cool but clearly just doing their job. It seemed really obvious that almost everyone on stage was just having such a good and fun time.

I'm still confused if the Futurman died or not.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online Adami

« Reply #2458 on: April 17, 2020, 08:24:52 AM »

As far as I know he was accepted to join the Forever people.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2459 on: April 17, 2020, 08:27:29 AM »

As far as I know he was accepted to join the Forever people.

Oh ok, so he didn't technically die. He was just accepted to join them, hence why he went through the gates.

I enjoyed Annekes acting face when the Egyptian was accepted to join the Forever.

That was a nice aspect added to the concept.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2460 on: April 18, 2020, 09:07:55 AM »
Yay...It's finally shipping.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2461 on: April 18, 2020, 09:38:19 AM »
Mine's been sitting in a DHL processing center ("PROCESSING COMPLETED AT ORIGIN") in IL for 8 days.  :angry:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2462 on: April 18, 2020, 08:12:40 PM »
I received the bluray a week or two ago. Shipping address was from Austin, TX if that helps any of you. I live in the Austin area so that might be a reason I got it a bit sooner than others. I only got the ready for shipment from DHL. I believe the whole shipment of blurays came from Europe, and then the US (didn't get any info on the US shipping side). My copy was signed by Arjen.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2463 on: April 18, 2020, 10:43:10 PM »
It was delivered like an hour after I got that email.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2464 on: April 19, 2020, 06:22:07 AM »
I received the bluray a week or two ago. Shipping address was from Austin, TX if that helps any of you. I live in the Austin area so that might be a reason I got it a bit sooner than others. I only got the ready for shipment from DHL. I believe the whole shipment of blurays came from Europe, and then the US (didn't get any info on the US shipping side). My copy was signed by Arjen.

Yeah, I think that's where DHL got their bulk shipment, because my first look at the tracking number indicated it was over 2,000 lbs!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2465 on: April 30, 2020, 09:30:18 AM »
Arjen announced on Facebook several hours ago that he has been working on his next "top secret new project" over the last three years and promises it'll be released sometime later this year, if all goes according to plan. He says it'll be "quite different" from anything he's done before, and that we're in for "some surprises". Once again, he'll be teasing us with snippets and his usual guessing games. Then he plays a little melody on a small toy upright piano!

Welp, throw another AOTY contender on the pile for 2020!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2466 on: April 30, 2020, 11:26:45 AM »
Arjen announced on Facebook several hours ago that he has been working on his next "top secret new project" over the last three years and promises it'll be released sometime later this year, if all goes according to plan. He says it'll be "quite different" from anything he's done before, and that we're in for "some surprises". Once again, he'll be teasing us with snippets and his usual guessing games. Then he plays a little melody on a small toy upright piano!

Welp, throw another AOTY contender on the pile for 2020!

-Marc.

Hoping he and Anneke will do a Gentle Storm 2 but considering what he said looks like it will be something different from anything he has done before.
Will be interresting to see what this is

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2467 on: April 30, 2020, 11:47:27 AM »
Someone mentioned on FB that he hinted about a Horror project a couple of years ago. The cirkus theme he played on the piano sounded a bit creepy. Maybe but how knows, we'll see eventually.

Excited, I am!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2468 on: April 30, 2020, 11:50:14 AM »
I somewhere between like and love Arjen's music, I somewhere between like and love Anneke's vocals... why can't I somewhere between like and love The Gentle Storm?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Adami

« Reply #2469 on: April 30, 2020, 11:52:51 AM »
I somewhere between like and love Arjen's music, I somewhere between like and love Anneke's vocals... why can't I somewhere between like and love The Gentle Storm?

I like the Gentle Storm but not to the extent I love most of their other works.

Though after several listens, I like Vuur even less. It's weird.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2470 on: April 30, 2020, 12:37:00 PM »
I just want my ITEC BluRay.  DHL has sat on it for 3 weeks now.  Shipping information hasn't changed since April 10th, and it's sitting somewhere in Illinois.

Mascot hasn't been responsive yet either.   >:(

Online Adami

« Reply #2471 on: April 30, 2020, 12:37:51 PM »
I just want my ITEC BluRay.  DHL has sat on it for 3 weeks now.  Shipping information hasn't changed since April 10th, and it's sitting somewhere in Illinois.

Mascot hasn't been responsive yet either.   >:(

Come visit! We'll watch and cuddle in a totally manly way.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2472 on: April 30, 2020, 12:38:38 PM »
I stand corrected, it just arrived in Canada late last night.  Hopefully it gets here by next week.

Online Adami

« Reply #2473 on: April 30, 2020, 12:40:02 PM »
I stand corrected, it just arrived in Canada late last night.  Hopefully it gets here by next week.

:'( :'( :'(
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2474 on: May 08, 2020, 06:10:46 AM »
Got an e-mail from Ayreon!

I’m happy to announce that my new album will be... an Ayreon! The title is: TRANSITUS.

Many more teasers and guessing games coming soon, let the speculating begin :-)

Stay healthy,
Arjen.

Teaser here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abn0c5_6ZLM
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online Adami

« Reply #2475 on: May 08, 2020, 06:13:17 AM »
Color me intrigued!

The graphics look pretty different for him. Curious if or how this ties in to his big planet Y story line.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2476 on: May 08, 2020, 07:05:08 AM »
Giddy up!

Now if Canada Customs would just fucking release my ITEC Live BluRay.   >:(

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2477 on: May 08, 2020, 07:06:51 AM »
Noticed this in his description on the YT trailer clip - "I’m happy to announce that my new album will be... an Ayreon! The title is: TRANSITUS. Many more teasers and guessing games coming soon, let the speculating begin :-)"

YAY!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2478 on: May 08, 2020, 08:31:24 AM »
Awesome! Let the guessing game commence!  :tup

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2479 on: May 08, 2020, 08:36:05 AM »
Probably the best music news I'll see all day. I knew he was teasing a new album, but to say it'll come out THIS year is a treat! Well, it HAS been three years since The Source. I, too, wonder if this will take place in the familiar Forever storyline, or if it'll be a standalone concept like The Theory Of Everything.

Arjen did hint that, when a fan asked about him wanting to do a horror-themed concept album, that that fan had a good memory! So this could possibly be a horror-themed story, and if so, I bet we'll see some big name metal vocalists doing some heavy vocals!

-Marc.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2480 on: May 08, 2020, 08:37:27 AM »
I think I just peed a little. HYPE!!!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2481 on: May 08, 2020, 12:44:18 PM »
I'm gonna guess September or October for a release date.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2482 on: May 08, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »

Arjen said on FB it's gonna be around September.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2483 on: May 08, 2020, 12:58:18 PM »

Arjen said on FB it's gonna be around September.

Haha, too excited I missed that Info.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2484 on: May 08, 2020, 08:00:49 PM »
Oooh, really curious about this one since he has been saying it will be different for quite a while now. I wonder what that direction will be.