Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 350729 times)

Offline DTA

Re: Megadeth
« Reply #3115 on: February 05, 2024, 06:28:29 AM »
The Right To Go Insane and How The Story Ends are two of the most overlooked Megadeth songs. Great album all around.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #3116 on: February 05, 2024, 11:54:17 AM »
I think the strength of Endgame comes in the sheer consistency across the whole album.  I think with most Megadeth albums for me anyway, they all come out of the gates pretty strong but struggle to maintain that level of consistency til the end.  I feel Endgame is pretty much a very strong album from start to finish.

Other than "The Hardest Part of Letting Go...Sealed With a Kiss," I agree. And I'd say without that song, it's probably my favorite Megadeth album, post-Countdown.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #3117 on: February 05, 2024, 12:02:04 PM »
Sounds like I need to give Endgame another spin sometime.  I remember it having a few cool tracks, but when it came out I wasn't in the mood for it, and the time or two I've listened since then I don't remember being particularly compelled by it, but sometimes things take more plays to sink in. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3118 on: February 05, 2024, 12:04:32 PM »
I think the strength of Endgame comes in the sheer consistency across the whole album.  I think with most Megadeth albums for me anyway, they all come out of the gates pretty strong but struggle to maintain that level of consistency til the end.  I feel Endgame is pretty much a very strong album from start to finish.

Other than "The Hardest Part of Letting Go...Sealed With a Kiss," I agree. And I'd say without that song, it's probably my favorite Megadeth album, post-Countdown.

I know you hate that song, but I like it. On it's own, the beginning could be considered cringey (I don't feel that way) but it develops nicely.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3119 on: February 05, 2024, 12:22:54 PM »
I've tried, Tim. I just despise that track. LOL. I took it off my iPod completely so the album doesn't have it. LOL. When I listen to the CD, I can't hit skip fast enough.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3120 on: February 05, 2024, 02:28:42 PM »
Interesting.  Never had an issue with it myself, I too think it builds nicely.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3121 on: February 05, 2024, 02:30:21 PM »

Musically, it's fine. It's Dave's whining.

www.roadstomadness.com

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3122 on: February 05, 2024, 04:33:07 PM »

Musically, it's fine. It's Dave's whining.

:lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.