Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 216454 times)

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #525 on: April 30, 2011, 10:55:33 AM »
Yayayaya...brb in 45mins  ;D Doctor time  :metal

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #526 on: April 30, 2011, 11:04:24 AM »
Shame I can't see it here this time. Means I have to avoid this thread for a bit because of the spoilers...
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline adameastment

« Reply #527 on: April 30, 2011, 11:32:01 AM »
Just so you know, The Impossible Astronaut is being repeated on BBC1 RIGHT NOW, (7PM)

Also, how is Amy Preggers? Rory is just living plastic? How on earth does he have sperm?
No he isn't, when she brought back the whole universe it put things back to the way they should have been.
But he still remembers?

And that was unexpected... (end of the episode)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:46:42 AM by adameastment »

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #528 on: April 30, 2011, 11:52:54 AM »
Jesus titty fucking christ...wow.
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #529 on: April 30, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »
Wow, that was awesome.  Who is that girl????!!!!!  Awesome.  :)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #530 on: April 30, 2011, 11:59:04 AM »
Just so you know, The Impossible Astronaut is being repeated on BBC1 RIGHT NOW, (7PM)

Also, how is Amy Preggers? Rory is just living plastic? How on earth does he have sperm?
No he isn't, when she brought back the whole universe it put things back to the way they should have been.
But he still remembers?
Sometimes, but not always.

That episode was amazing! The opening few minutes were really clever, and the end was just :o

SPOILERS

So that girl is a time lord, but who is she?! My only guess is that either she's River, or she's one of the old female time lords from the classic years. Or maybe both!!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #531 on: April 30, 2011, 12:08:21 PM »
SPOILERS

Or The Doctor's Daughter?

Offline adameastment

« Reply #532 on: April 30, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »
SPOILERS

Thats what I was thinking, because thats still open ended...

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #533 on: April 30, 2011, 01:16:40 PM »
SPOILERS

Thats what I was thinking, because thats still open ended...
But why would she have become a young girl?

I be am boner inducing.

Offline FretMuppet

• DAIM that looks good!
« Reply #534 on: April 30, 2011, 01:47:15 PM »
I swear I can't look at the Doctor anymore without thinking he's Robwebster  :mehlin

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #535 on: April 30, 2011, 01:58:14 PM »
I swear I can't look at the Doctor anymore without thinking he's Robwebster  :mehlin
But that doesn't make sense. Rob now looks like... actually what does he look like again? ???

I be am boner inducing.

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #536 on: April 30, 2011, 02:35:48 PM »
Blimey, what an episode, that little girl is so cute! And quite creepy as well. My outlandish fangirl theory is that she's the love child of Amy and the Doctor...But realistically I think that she might be the Doctor's Daughter...Jenny was it?
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #537 on: April 30, 2011, 02:55:56 PM »
Blimey, what an episode, that little girl is so cute! And quite creepy as well. My outlandish fangirl theory is that she's the love child of Amy and the Doctor...But realistically I think that she might be the Doctor's Daughter...Jenny was it?
It was indeed Jenny. But she never existed at such a young age, so she would have had to have regenerated into a small child, which just seems a bit weird.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #538 on: April 30, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »
I've got a hunch we haven't met the girl before.

Jesus christ.

Also... has Silence fallen, now? That felt too easy. There's got to be more, surely?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #539 on: April 30, 2011, 04:02:08 PM »

Jesus christ.

Also... has Silence fallen, now? That felt too easy. There's got to be more, surely?
Nah I am 99% certain they'll be back. They haven't covered what relevance they had to events in Series 5 yet!

The way he defeated them for now was fantastic though!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline ACID_FOX

« Reply #540 on: April 30, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »

Jesus christ.

Well still havn't has an answer regarding the ship being the same as the one in The Lodger, nor why or how The Silence blew up the Tardis. My guess is they'll show up again in the series finale.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #541 on: April 30, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »
I figure the ship's just how the Silence get around.

We don't know why they were cultivating a little girl, though. Nope, nor how they blew up the TARDIS. Or why they wanted to get to the moon.

Offline adameastment

« Reply #542 on: April 30, 2011, 07:43:18 PM »
Steven Moffat you amazing bloke.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #543 on: April 30, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »
Only one response to that episode:

WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #544 on: April 30, 2011, 08:41:06 PM »
WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK.

This.

Also, Schrödinger's Fetus?

Offline Bonham

• Either Zeppelin's drummer or "good ham"
« Reply #545 on: April 30, 2011, 11:27:23 PM »

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #546 on: May 01, 2011, 08:52:11 AM »
I figure the ship's just how the Silence get around.

We don't know why they were cultivating a little girl, though. Nope, nor how they blew up the TARDIS. Or why they wanted to get to the moon.
Or who killed the doctor, or why we've got a little baby time lord running around that is apparently Amy's daughter.  Maybe the reason the scanner flashed positive/negative is that the child's conception in the past is constantly changing, so her personal history keeps changing? 

Fake edit: Oh!  Maybe they were cultivating the little girl so she could fly the makeshift-TARDIS from "The Lodger!"

Basically XJDenton's post summed up my thoughts in the episode quite well. 

As for the possibility of Jenny regenerating into a young girl, let's not forget that a late-thirties-looking Doctor turned into Matt Smith, who "looks nine," according to Amy, so I guess it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for Jenny to regenerate into a little girl.  Problem with that is, she couldn't regenerate when she died in "The Doctor's Daughter" so yeah...don't really know where I'm going with this.  I do really really want all those plot points resolved.  The mid-season cliffhanger is going to kill me, I think.

Also, the whole "back-to-front" thing between River and the Doctor doesn't quite make sense, unless the Doctor makes an unexpected trip to River the day before she leaves for the Library so he can give her the new screwdriver, but it seems a bit odd for that to be the one exception to this new rule. 

Offline adameastment

« Reply #547 on: May 01, 2011, 12:54:47 PM »
Or who killed the doctor, or why we've got a little baby time lord running around that is apparently Amy's daughter.  Maybe the reason the scanner flashed positive/negative is that the child's conception in the past is constantly changing, so her personal history keeps changing? 

Fake edit: Oh!  Maybe they were cultivating the little girl so she could fly the makeshift-TARDIS from "The Lodger!"

Basically XJDenton's post summed up my thoughts in the episode quite well. 

As for the possibility of Jenny regenerating into a young girl, let's not forget that a late-thirties-looking Doctor turned into Matt Smith, who "looks nine," according to Amy, so I guess it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for Jenny to regenerate into a little girl.  Problem with that is, she couldn't regenerate when she died in "The Doctor's Daughter" so yeah...don't really know where I'm going with this.  I do really really want all those plot points resolved.  The mid-season cliffhanger is going to kill me, I think.

Also, the whole "back-to-front" thing between River and the Doctor doesn't quite make sense, unless the Doctor makes an unexpected trip to River the day before she leaves for the Library so he can give her the new screwdriver, but it seems a bit odd for that to be the one exception to this new rule. 

Well, she didn't regenerate in the sense that I think you mean, but she came back from the dead. But something bugged me... In this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEutYCASySI she said "and an awful lot of running to do". It probably doesn't have anything to do with the series, but you never know!

He mentions the ship being abandoned, but how? Theoretically, the Silence can get the Doctors DNA from the machine when Jenny was created, allowing them to create a new Time Lord, take it back to the 60's and make a new Time lord, however, that's not going to be that likely.

Maybe the girl is Amy's?

Don't forget, the Silence said to her, "You will bring the Silence"

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #548 on: May 01, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »
So many loose ends!  DAMN YOU STEPHEN MOFFAT!

Offline adameastment

« Reply #549 on: May 01, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »
So many loose ends!  DAMN YOU STEPHEN MOFFAT!
Another thing, "There is only one time the Doctor could ever tell someone his name"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_kRRGnNbfU&feature=related

Does that mean there is the possibility that it's River's daughter? I'm pretty sure that he would've told Rose his name, since he loved her.. River and Rose, same person?

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #550 on: May 01, 2011, 01:26:21 PM »
That's an interesting theory. I don't understand how the Rose part holds up. But the girl being River's child? Hmm.

Offline adameastment

« Reply #551 on: May 01, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »
That's an interesting theory. I don't understand how the Rose part holds up. But the girl being River's child? Hmm.
It probably doesn't, because shes in the parallel universe, and like the doctor said in series 2(?) the cracks would keep getting bigger until the who universe collapsed...

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #552 on: May 01, 2011, 02:19:12 PM »
Well, the Doctor also loved Madame De Pompadour, Joan Redfern, and Sarah Jane (implied), and they didn't know his name, so River's something else entirely.  Though I suppose the metacrisis Doctor could have told Rose his name in Pete's World if he wanted to. 

The girl being River's daughter is an interesting, more plausible thought, but then why is Amy the one in the picture, unless its just one of those "hey lets take a picture of Aunt Amy with my little time lord kid!" coincidences.  Also River would have some idea that its her daughter and would have shown SOME kind of reaction...good thought though.

Man I can't remember the last time I watched a show and actually couldn't wait for the next episode to show up.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #553 on: May 01, 2011, 02:24:48 PM »
I was actually a little underwhelmed by the latest episode. I think it's partially 'cause I was watching it on my break so I was conscious that I needed to get through it quickly, partially 'cause I was expecting more closure, and partially 'cause I was disappointed that the Silence were defeated so easily. Ingeniously (absolutely MARVELLOUSLY), but I was expecting them to be the big bad of the series. There was an element of "...is that it?!"

So I'm going to have watch it again, now that I know what's coming. It wasn't a bad episode - was an absolutely brilliant episode, even. It was funny in all the right places, spooky in all the right places, and so so unpredictable - a quality episode, but one that didn't match my expectations in the slightest. I laughed (in the office! Embarrassing), felt sad (usually on Rory's behalf), and shouted loudly at the final scene, but it didn't quiiiite fulfil the remit for me. I guess it was just the Silence being dispatched of so quickly that "got" me.

But! Having said that, it's occurred to me since that the Doctor hasn't actually defeated the Silence. He's sent them to war! They're massive aliens that make you forget they ever existed! And shoot lightning out of their fingertips! Telling the humans to kill them cannot end well. And there are so many things we still need resolved. I think I misinterpretted the video message as a final defeat, and that's why I felt slightly underwhelmed.

AND - changing subject (I'm drunk, this post is going to veer erratically from subject to subject) something I've not heard anyone mention - the woman with the eyepatch in the corridor! What was going on there? Proper Life on Mars stuff. Loved it.

Plus, on the website - for the Judoon, it says "LAST APPEARANCE: The Pandorica Opens." For most aliens, in fact, it says "LAST APPEARANCE." For the Silence, it says "MOST RECENT APPEARANCE: Day of the Moon."

More to come on all fronts. So many open ends. So much speculation to do. So much exciting stuff to chew on and mull over and live, sweat and breathe.

I'm psyched. And need to watch Day of the Moon again in the right mindset. I think I psyched myself up for it too much. Under normal circumstances, that should be one of my absolute favourites, but for some reason it wasn't on first viewing.

I like a grower, though. Love a grower, me.

---

Oh, and I'm sticking to the theory that the li'lest Time Lord has nothing to do with the Doctor. Or any character we've seen so far. Five chips on "new character who escaped the time war," please.

Offline adameastment

« Reply #554 on: May 01, 2011, 02:57:51 PM »
Well, the Doctor also loved Madame De Pompadour, Joan Redfern, and Sarah Jane (implied), and they didn't know his name, so River's something else entirely.  Though I suppose the metacrisis Doctor could have told Rose his name in Pete's World if he wanted to. 

The girl being River's daughter is an interesting, more plausible thought, but then why is Amy the one in the picture, unless its just one of those "hey lets take a picture of Aunt Amy with my little time lord kid!" coincidences.  Also River would have some idea that its her daughter and would have shown SOME kind of reaction...good thought though.

Man I can't remember the last time I watched a show and actually couldn't wait for the next episode to show up.
Yeah, it wouldn't make much sense, because how could you leave your own daughter in the 50's/60's, I don't think it's rivers. But quite possibly Amy's because of what the silence said "You will bring the silence" meaning that they might have the Doctor's DNA and need someone to well be the "host" mother. Steven Moffat is probably the best writer I've seen all in all.

Offline adameastment

« Reply #555 on: May 01, 2011, 03:01:39 PM »
AND - changing subject (I'm drunk, this post is going to veer erratically from subject to subject) something I've not heard anyone mention - the woman with the eyepatch in the corridor! What was going on there? Proper Life on Mars stuff. Loved it.
Which corridor!? I will watch it on BBC Iplayer!

Offline robwebster

« Reply #556 on: May 01, 2011, 03:06:49 PM »
Which corridor!? I will watch it on BBC Iplayer!
The one who lured her into the room where she got captured! It was like a window opened on the door. "Nope, still dreaming."

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #557 on: May 01, 2011, 03:07:50 PM »
Then it was gone. So much didn't make any sense. I love it.

Offline adameastment

« Reply #558 on: May 01, 2011, 03:09:58 PM »
The one who lured her into the room where she got captured! It was like a window opened on the door. "Nope, still dreaming."

Oh yeah! That seems like something to be expanded on :P

Offline ACID_FOX