Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 216072 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2010, 11:49:58 AM »
 :omg: :omg: :omg:

Offline faemir

Offline robwebster

« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2010, 12:59:55 PM »
I'm not going to say a word about the last episode, in case anyone who hasn't seen it is dumb enough to be looking in this thread. Well, maybe one word. Let's make it "fantastic."

Offline faemir

« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2010, 03:27:24 PM »
HOLY SHIT-WHAT!

(also next episode looks brill)

One thing though.

FUCK YOU DR WHO WEBSITE FOR SPOILERING ME BEFORE I SAW THE EPISODE. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU SHITTY WEBSITE MANAGER

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2010, 08:02:47 PM »
That episode was rather...intense. Wow.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline faemir

« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2010, 03:55:06 AM »
So yeah, I went to the dr who website instead of iplayer, and the title was "Goodbye xxxx"

>:( >:( >:(

Offline robwebster

« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2010, 05:43:03 AM »
Oh dear. In fairness, I don't think anyone was expecting anything like that to happen. Completely mad. When I saw it, I just kinda... faked out. Stunned.

EDIT: Incidentally, it's really satisfying to go onto tardis.wikia.org, look up the preceding episode, and then find out which rumours you'd managed to avoid. Jesus christ - by the looks of things there were people in some squalid corners of the internet with nothing better to do than divine the entire plot of Cold Blood, more or less.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 05:57:30 AM by robwebster »

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2010, 07:06:13 AM »
Finally just saw Amy's Choice.  I love how every episode this season so far has had me at the edge of my seat.  Even the Tennant Doctor didn't do that to me.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »
Thank God Rory's dead.
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline faemir

« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2010, 04:10:25 PM »
I hope they don't reignite any sort of romantic relationship now he's out of the picture :-\

Offline robwebster

« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2010, 04:18:25 PM »
Seriously. Spoilers mah-fuggah. If you're still reading and you've not seen Cold Blood, you're a pin-head. Go away now. Yes, you. They're not minor. Play some Minesweeper or something. Or, if you're on a mac, go into PhotoBooth and take warped pictures of your genitals.

Well, we all know what Amy wants... even when she was getting married she went for a bit of Doctor.

I'm not sure if the Doc remembers him or no. I think he might. He kept asking if she was alright. So now the Doctor's got another reason to resist. Funny that he might be the one defending Rozza's legacy.

Offline Bombardana

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2010, 04:28:48 PM »
It was a good episode but I don't understand why people are getting upset over it. It's not like anyone died. Anyway, I wonder what Amy and The Doctor will get up to next week.

Offline faemir

« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2010, 04:56:59 PM »
Several things that did annoy me about Cold Blood.

Not once did they explain what the drill actually was, it was just screaming to be said - same with not saying it last episode.

Using a taser that happens to kill the alien hostage was really lame as a plot device, plain and simple.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2010, 05:12:48 AM »
Thank God Rory's dead.
WTF. Rory is awesome.

Pretty sure the Doctor remembers him still (he's not a major part of his life or his future so there's no reason for him to forget him like Amy does) and Amy also seems to have a vague recollection. I reckon he isn't going to stay dead, and that when the pandorica opens things that have been sucked into the cracks will start to come back. Just a hunch.

EDIT: Ok I definitely think Rory will be back. When the Doctor and Amy are in the TARDIS and it jolts which causes her to forget, the Doctor lands next to the box with the engagement ring in, which clearly still exists. Just noticed it when seeing that clip in DWC.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:33:01 AM by ariich »

I be am boner inducing.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2010, 06:40:26 AM »
I don't know. I've seen interviews with ol' Artie Darvill, round about the Vampires in Venice days, in which he doesn't seem so confident about whether he's coming back for series six. I think he said "It's possible - science fiction, after all." Implying that he doesn't make it through the series. I figured he'd be killed off in the finale, but now he's already died... I think Amy will remember him eventually. I think she'll vehemently deny him, at first. But she'll remember him, and he'll probably return... briefly. Poor ol' Rory.

That's where my fiver is, anywho. God knows what'll actually happen! I'm in no hurry to go snooping. I'm gutted we've only got four more weeks.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2010, 06:42:10 AM »
Like he'd be allowed to give anything away. ;)

But yeah, we'll see.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2010, 09:38:42 AM »
We will.

In the meanwhile, Matt and Karen are definitely the best dancers to occupy the role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vORf7vGxYAc

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2010, 09:43:06 AM »
Since I don't know who you are or what you look or sound like, I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you're Matt Smith.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2010, 02:38:13 PM »
Since I don't know who you are or what you look or sound like, I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you're Matt Smith.

I always read his posts in Matt Smith's voice.
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »

I always read his posts in Matt Smith's voice.

Me too.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2010, 04:08:55 PM »
Me three.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline robwebster

« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2010, 04:27:21 PM »
I can honestly sincerely say that I am massively flattered. In a bizarre way.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2010, 10:06:16 AM »
Another reason I think Rory will return: The brief blurb for the finale episodes on wikipedia (which is presumably taken from somewhere official) is "The Doctor is dealing with a message on a cliff, a mysterious box and a love story which spans over millennia."

The love story is surely Amy and Rory.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2010, 10:24:46 AM »
Very poss. Although, River and the Doctor would be a bit more of a millennia-type thingy?

I wouldn't be surprised if he got spat out of the crack again, with all the other mad stuff from the trailer et al. If the crack is the reason nobody remembered the Cyberking, that'd explain why there are Cybermen in the trailer. And if there can be cracked-up Cybermen floating about, there can be a cracked-up Rory.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »
Well exactly! Good point about the cybermen, they're definitely in the series and I can't imagine they'll be in either of the next two episodes so must be in the finale. Rumour has it the Sontarans might be making a comeback as well, though no idea what the source of that rumour is.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2010, 12:56:34 PM »
Yeah, I heard that one, and was equally skeptical. If they did get swallowed up by the crack, though, then they can be spat out by the crack again.

Maybe that's what the Pandorica is. A kind of netherworld, set apart from time and space. And maybe he destroys it in the finale when it's opened, creating a stable time loop? Because it gets sploded, it cracks time apart and the cracks fill the Pandorica with Cybermen and Angels and Rories, and because it's full of Cybermen and Angels and Rories it has to be sploded for the good of the universe, creating the cracks.

I don't know. I'm just speculating. I think it's a fairly Moffaty explanation, but it doesn't factor in the jacketty Doctor or the tardis exploding or any of that business. I'd say I'm possibly right, but I hope I'm wrong. I had the similar experience two years ago - my friend thought he'd come up with a solution in the week between The Stolen Earth and Journey's End and I thought "that's got a good chance of being right," and I was dreading having possibly found out the explanation ahead of time. But it was wrong and the next week was full of surprises. Thank god.

Offline Bombardana

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2010, 03:25:40 PM »
I didn't watch some of the David Tennant ones so I might be missing something but who is Rory? I don't remember anyone with that name.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2010, 03:42:51 PM »

Rory is this crazy cat. Cautious nurse fella.

Offline bodiesinflight

• I prefer drone
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2010, 07:57:45 AM »
OK, so 10th episde of the series tonight (already - gone incredibly quickly)

On one hand I am not optimistic because I thought that after the high of Amy's Choice things took a massive downturn with The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood, which I found really disappointing.

On the other hand it's got Vincent Van Gogh and Bill Nighy in it so it can't be that bad!
Drowned in Sound
Echoes & Dust
Stereoboard

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »
You found Cold Blood disappointing? :o

I be am boner inducing.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2010, 01:44:37 PM »
Another really good episode tonight I felt.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2010, 01:57:59 PM »
Definitely! Not nearly as tense as last week, a nice change in tone. In fact I'd even say it was a lovely episode, really quite moving.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2010, 02:01:59 PM »
Indeed. That bit at the end with vincent in the museum made me sniffle I am not ashamed to admit.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »
Me too. But in a good way!

I also liked the references to Rory. Still keeping us guessing as to which way it'll go.

I be am boner inducing.