Author Topic: The Blood & Ice Cream Trilogy.  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
The Blood & Ice Cream Trilogy.
« on: July 26, 2014, 04:37:15 PM »
Rate Edgar Wright & Simon Pegg's Cornetto movies !

1. Shaun Of The Dead ( 2004 )

2. Hot Fuzz ( 2008 )

3. The World's End ( 2013 )

For me it's :

The World's End > Shaun Of The Dead > Hot Fuzz.

But there's almost nothing between them. Three very good films and Scott Pilgrim is also worth a mention - even though it *does* lose momentum in the 3rd act.

Offline ozzy554

Re: The Blood & Ice Cream Trilogy.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 04:55:08 PM »
1. Shaun of the dead

2. hot fuzz

3. Worlds end (although this and hot fuzz are extremely close for me)

I saw the trilogy in theaters when the worlds end was released. One of the best times I've ever had at the movies.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 05:17:07 PM »
Hot Fuzz, World's End & Scott Pilgrim are very close.

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 05:23:17 PM »
Awesome films.

1. Hot Fuzz
2. Sean Of The Dead
3. The World's End

The World's End and Sean Of The Dead are about the same, and The World's End may surpass it in time - it's been gaining with more rewatches. Honestly I wasn't such a big fan of the ending of The World's End when I first watched it, and Sean Of The Dead holds a lot of classic value for me. Hot Fuzz is definitely the best of them though.

I hate that Scott Pilgrim film - but instead I'd throw in Spaced for a mention in this thread. Various cameos in these films if you've seen Spaced.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 05:24:53 PM »
Spaced is fantastic. I saw it when it went out on tv in 1999 and rented both series on dvd and watched them both in one night & got my bro hooked.

Slight tangent - ut Garth Marenghi's Darkplace should also get a mention.

Spaced > World's End > Shaun Of The Dead > Hot Fuzz = Scott Pilgrim

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 05:28:01 PM »
1. Shaun of the Dead
2. Hot Fuzz
3. The World's End

I started watching Spaced, and loved the first two episodes, but then my old computer (where I had the episodes) died, and I never got back to the show. I should do it I guess. Oh, and Scott Pilgrim is awesome. While not really related to these movies, I'd say it's on par with them for sure.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 05:38:58 PM »
1. Shaun of the Dead
2. The World's End
3. Hot Fuzz/Scott Pilgrim

Love them all though, and even though not nearly as great as the graphic novels (hence my avatar), the movie Scott Pilgrim is still great in its own right and definitely worthy of mention.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 06:10:31 PM »
Hot Fuzz > Shaun of the dead > World's end

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 10:04:48 PM »
Not really much of a movie guy, but Hot Fuzz is my all-time favorite movie.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 10:13:11 PM »
I've only seen The World's End once, I don't think I liked it as much as either Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz, both of which I've seen many times. I think Hot Fuzz is my favorite.

Regarding Scott Pilgrim, honestly I really dislike that movie. Obviously adaptations are never better than the originals, but in my opinion the best part of the graphic novels was Infinite Sadness, which they pretty much gutted. Barely any representation of the last two volumes (though I understand why for Finest Hour) was unfortunate as well.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 10:23:27 PM »
Hot Fuzz
Shaun
Haven't seen World's End
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 11:17:00 PM »
Shaun of the Dead.

Haven't seen the others.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 12:22:15 PM »
Shaun of the Dead> Hot Fuzz = The World's End

The World's End is growing on me a great deal... I've noticed so many more subtle references to the first two movies as I re-watch World's End.  Shaun will always be my favorite though... "... I did not call Diane a failed actress!"

A gif is needed for Andy's  hand going through the window in World's End.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 04:27:30 PM »
^ I love how you can see Andy smiling at the back as the other Andy comes back in. :P

Hot Fuzz
Shaun of the Dead
Worlds End

Although World's End probably has Pegg and Frost's best acting performances,  the other two are just too funny to rank any lower. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »
Ah, Rafe Spall & Paddy Considine.

Just in case ya did nae know - "back" Andy is " "ello maaaate" from Shaun Of The Dead and front Andy is Steven the architect from World's End.

:)

Offline krands85

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 07:12:08 PM »
I always thought Hot Fuzz was my favourite, but I watched it again recently and it didn't seem as good as I remembered. Whereas I seemed to enjoy Shaun of the Dead a bit more after watching it a few times. Would probably still just about give the edge to HF though I think.

World's End was OK I guess, but nowhere near as funny as the other 2 for me. I haven't seen Scott Pilgrim.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 07:22:27 PM »
TWE just seemed the most complete for me. Not to take anything away from Edgar - Shaun is a fantastic film for a debut feature.

And Scott Pilgrim is the closest they'll ever get to doing a Spaced movie. Same humour.

If you're into the tired old Zach Galafianakis , Seth Rogen comedy - you may not like Scott Pilgrim. If you loved Spaced - then Scott Pilgrim will be right up your alley.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 07:36:15 PM »
1. Shaun of the Dead- Liked it a lot pretty much from the first time I watched it. I never went mental over it as others do, but I do like it a lot.

2. Hot Fuzz- Absolutely loved it from day one.

3. The worlds end- First time I watched it, for the first 35 minutes I absolutely hated it to the point where I turned it off. Now luckily, about an hour later I decided to finish it and I'm glad I did, since once all the shit started to happen, it became a 100% more interesting and entertaining movie. As of right now, I really like it a lot. It takes take a little too long to get going.