Author Topic: The official Modern Warfare 2 thread.  (Read 102805 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: The official Modern Warfare 2 thread.
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2009, 08:38:15 AM »
Getting this for the Xbox. I'm so excited that I think I might explode. COD4 was such an amazing game that I think MW2 will struggle to match those standards and we'll all be disappointed though :(
Does anyone know if matches will be ranked in MW2? That's was probably the only downside to the online play. That and the fact that any noob could get 55/10th with enough time.

And what is this I read about 25 kills for Nuke? Details please people! I've heard that you can actually control the helicopter after a 7 streak in a similar way to the level in COD4?

Oh and also... I'm away for a week next week. That's 7 whole days I can't play MW2 when it's been relased. Will you guys wait for me? :neverusethis:
There's no nuke with 25 kills, people are just joking.

The chopper thing is one of the new kill streak, but the one I know that you can control is the AC-130 when you hit 11 straight kills, haven't heard anything about the chopper.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Space Invader

• The Canadian Doctor Who Fanatic
  • DTF.org Member
  • Also recently addicted to Survivor
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2009, 10:42:24 AM »
You guys should check out IGN.com. They have a whole lot of extra footage with commentary. Really interesting.
Everything can, should and will be progressive.

"The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain" - Montaigne.

I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street over maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez - Eleventh Doctor

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2009, 12:30:34 PM »
Nice. Gonna check it out.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2009, 12:33:53 PM »
You guys should check out IGN.com. They have a whole lot of extra footage with commentary. Really interesting.
Is this the footage with 2 members of IW?

I saw some footage but there was only 2 videos.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Another World

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2009, 05:28:21 PM »
Getting this for the Xbox. I'm so excited that I think I might explode. COD4 was such an amazing game that I think MW2 will struggle to match those standards and we'll all be disappointed though :(
Does anyone know if matches will be ranked in MW2? That's was probably the only downside to the online play. That and the fact that any noob could get 55/10th with enough time.

And what is this I read about 25 kills for Nuke? Details please people! I've heard that you can actually control the helicopter after a 7 streak in a similar way to the level in COD4?

Oh and also... I'm away for a week next week. That's 7 whole days I can't play MW2 when it's been relased. Will you guys wait for me? :neverusethis:
There's no nuke with 25 kills, people are just joking.

The chopper thing is one of the new kill streak, but the one I know that you can control is the AC-130 when you hit 11 straight kills, haven't heard anything about the chopper.

incorrect. there is a nuke for 25 kills, there is plenty of footage of it. when you activate, there is a blinding white light, it kills every person on in the game including your team, and your team wins the match.

if im remembering correctly there are 3 killstreaks that you can control. predator missiles, ac130, and chopper gunner

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2009, 05:29:34 PM »
Thank you for reading the very first post about SPOILER TAGS!!!!

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2009, 05:30:06 PM »
That sounds too ridiculous to be true.

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2009, 05:32:27 PM »
I've seen video's of it as well. I'm not such a fan of killstreak bonuses that give you a huge advantages. It encourages camping too much.

I will probably play a few times on my housemates 360 instead of buying it myself, I'm kind of finished with CoD.

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2009, 01:38:14 AM »
In CoD4/5 the killstreaks were in fact not easy to get by camping (unless it was HC - but there everything is based on camping anyway - or the camper is a really annoying one), much easier by entering rambo mode and just going forward. Radar/UAV is excellent against campers, as you can clearly see them, and a moving target has an advantage, as the UAV is always out of date against him.

However, if there's an "automatic chopper" killstreak this time, it would be better if now it actually had some precise way of choosing targets, instead of total lotto like now (it can shoot you through a 30cm wall if you're barely visible, instead of shooting at someone walking in the open).

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2009, 08:33:05 AM »
Very true Darkes.

For example: I always snipe when playing Wetwork, but when I play with some friends of mine, I can never get the chopper. Why? I'm the only one "camping" and their killing everyone! Always finish with 3-4 kills.

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2009, 08:36:40 AM »
Yep, exactly. Eventually everyone will know that "there is a camper in that spot" and probably most of them will rush to get him. I basically never camp (unless it's some objective mode and that's really the only way to survive - e.g. defending HQ on your own against the whole enemy team), but I don't find it hard to get killstreaks when going rambo with MP5 on a good day. The surprise effect, advantage of a moving target I mentioned above and unpredictability help a lot.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2009, 08:39:11 AM »
Oh and I FUCKING HATE CAMPERS! If you're sniping and you're always on the same spot, I'm ok with that, I do it too. But I'm talking about these guys who use LMG or a stealth class to stay in the same fucking spot all game long. I FUCKING HATE YOU!! I HOPE YOU DIE A FIERY DEATH!!!

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2009, 12:12:47 PM »
I never understood the hate for camping. If your playing smart, they're not terribly hard to deal with. Not to mention that that's basically what the LMGs are designed for - get into a good firing position and start pissing bullets.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2009, 12:20:10 PM »
The hate comes from people that can't never figure out how to kill them before they kill you. I learned that when they start camping, the best thing I can do is bring forth the M16 with Stopping Power and Deep Impact, one three round burst later, I am a happy camper.

No pun intended. :neverusethis:

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2009, 02:06:32 PM »
I never understood the hate for camping. If your playing smart, they're not terribly hard to deal with. Not to mention that that's basically what the LMGs are designed for - get into a good firing position and start pissing bullets.
In normal cases it's not a problem, the problem is when some moron is capable of entirely ruining the game because of his camping, like because he decided to deploy his tent near the enemy spawn and he's got UAV jamming and silencer. Or in domination one team gets two flags, and then starts to camp for the rest of the game.

I find LMGs pretty fun (that is, I don't really like RPD and M60 myself, but M249 is very good), and they're definitely better for normal playing than camping - of course, you need to be a bit more defensive, but with a rambo or two pushing forward, it works perfect when you're the supporting guy. LMGs are pretty difficult to use in fact (unless you camp ofc), and on short range you have little chances against an AK47 or submachine gun.

The hate comes from people that can't never figure out how to kill them before they kill you. I learned that when they start camping, the best thing I can do is bring forth the M16 with Stopping Power and Deep Impact, one three round burst later, I am a happy camper.

No pun intended. :neverusethis:
Basically every class I use has something anti-camp. MP5 with Dead Silence, AK47 with UAV jammer, silenced Uzi with 3x flash (this one is purely for fun, and REALLY fun). M4 and sniper are not, but then I use them for open maps mostly.

Btw, what classes do you people actually use in CoD4? It had taken me a while to get 5 ones I'd be happy with, but apparently I've finally found it.

Class 1: my favourite weapon in game, perfect for any kind of shorter-range maps (crash, vacant, backlot etc.), I'm able to be in-fight all the time and it's perfect against campers. In fact if I felt like it I could play with it on any map, but I like variety.
MP5, standard version/Colt 45/Flash
Bandolier/Sleight of Hand/Dead Silence

Class 2: perfect for maps with mixed med/long range and shorter range, especially city maps (strike, district, crossfire).
AK47, standard version/Colt 45/Smoke
3x grenades/UAV Jamming/Deep Impact

Class 3: perfect for open maps, like pipeline or overgrown.
M4 with laser sight/Colt 45/Smoke
Bandolier/Stopping Power/Extreme Conditioning

Class 4: for short range maps obviously and for fun, the ammo is usually enough for 40 seconds :neverusethis:
Uzi with silencer/Colt 45 with silencer/Flash
3x flash/Double Tap/Steady Aim

Class 5: sniper class. Do I need to say more? I felt stopping power makes it really boring and lame, so decided for something equally useful and more challenging at the same time.
R700/Colt 45/Smoke
Bandolier/Juggernaut/Iron lungs

That's it in fact. I absolutely, totally hate the standard bandolier/stopping power/deep impact class, so I always try to get as far away from it as possible. I can do pretty well with all of the above on any server. I'd probably have better stats with the set for "kool kids", but I don't give a damn - I play for fun.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2009, 02:17:07 PM »
Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Go fuck yourself IW.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/11/pc-modern-warfare-2-its-much-worse-than-you-thought.ars

I'm seriously considering not even getting this game anymore, or just pirating it for the 7 hour singleplayer. This is ridiculous.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2009, 02:32:08 PM »
Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Go fuck yourself IW.
That was actually pretty funny!

As for you Darkes7, my classes are:

M-16: This is my "default" class, the one I use when I just want to kill quickly, efficient and from anywhere.

Guns: M-16 with red dot sight, 1911 with silencer and stun grenade.
Perks: Bandolier, Stopping Power and Deep Impact.

Assault Rifle: I pretty much use any other assault rifle in this class. As of last night I'm using:

Guns: AK-47 with grenade launcher, 1911 with silencer and stun grenade.
Perks: Stopping Power and Deep Impact.

Sub-Machine Gun: I use this when I wanna play run-and-gun (which is usually in district, countdown, downpour, showdown).

Guns: P90 with red dot sight, 1911 silencer, stun grenade.
Perks: Frag x3 (or Bandolier), Double Tap (or Stopping Power) and Deep Impact.

Ninja Class: This is pretty much my stealth class that I started using recently for fun and for S&D.

Guns: MP5 with silencer, 1911 with silencer, Flash Grenade.
Perks: Frag x3, UAV Jammer and Dead Silence.

Any: Just like the name implies, I don't really have a set class here. I change it by maps.

Sniper Rifle: For when I like to snipe (Bog, Crossfire, Strike, Wetwork, Bloc).

Guns: Barret .50 Cal (Usually it's the M40, but I'm doing the headshot challenge for the .50), Desert Eagle, stun grenade.
Perks: Claymore x2, Stopping Power and Deep Impact.

I find that Juggernaut is totally useless with the sniper (I have never been sniped by someone using Juggernaut), but Iron Lungs I do sometimes use with it.

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2009, 02:47:57 PM »

Go fuck yourself IW.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/11/pc-modern-warfare-2-its-much-worse-than-you-thought.ars

I'm seriously considering not even getting this game anymore, or just pirating it for the 7 hour singleplayer. This is ridiculous.
This just confirms my opinion about it, and I certainly agree with you.

Juggernaut is pretty useful because 1) when someone is sniping you with stopping power, the chances are equal - both of you need either a precise hit to kill the other, or two hits 2) it helps on short range. And I seriously don't understand why people whine so much about juggernaut, it's just one more hit to kill, dammit. Even when I use my MP5 class and it takes like 6 hits to kill a juggernaut, I don't care. He has more HP, I have fast reload... it's as simple as this. And complaining about juggernaut when using stopping power = please just gtfo.

Btw, I never got to like Barrett. It just feels... uncomfortable to me. I like R700 the most because it has a pretty big recoil, but you get good damage in return (a hit in the chest kills even without stopping power). M21 is my second favourite, pretty fun on pub, and I loved it when I was pretty inexperienced.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2009, 02:50:51 PM »
:lol

I only complain when their using Juggernaut AND Last Stand. Just one or the other, but both them? That's what I call a pussy class.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2009, 04:26:38 PM »
I decided to build a new gaming rig for Christmas, so I may be able to play this (eventually) after all.  The gameplay trailers look amazing, and I'm much more concerned about gameplay than I am dedicated servers.

Offline XianL

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2009, 04:32:23 PM »
I decided to build a new gaming rig for Christmas, so I may be able to play this (eventually) after all.  The gameplay trailers look amazing, and I'm much more concerned about gameplay than I am dedicated servers.

I've been sitting on the idea of doing this for a while now. To play TF2, L4D and the like. What website are you going through? (If you aren't going through a local store)

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2009, 04:39:12 PM »

I've been sitting on the idea of doing this for a while now. To play TF2, L4D and the like. What website are you going through? (If you aren't going through a local store)

Newegg, most likely.  I've already created a rough list of what I'm getting; I haven't gotten any opinions on my build yet, so it'll probably change.  I'm trying to stay under $500.  In fact, I think I'll create a thread to get some opinions.

Offline ZachyDou

• Keyboard wizard in training
  • "Haha... Yeah..."
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2009, 04:39:31 PM »
I love playing matches with only my deagle.
It's honestly my favorite gun, and I'm a beast with it.

Offline XianL

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »

Newegg, most likely.  I've already created a rough list of what I'm getting; I haven't gotten any opinions on my build yet, so it'll probably change.  I'm trying to stay under $500.  In fact, I think I'll create a thread to get some opinions.

I look forward to it. While I don't have quite the cash to dish out at the moment, I'd be interested to see what kind of system you've put together for under $500 (no clue how the exchange rate will work here, the loonie is pretty high up atm..)

In any case, I assume you already have a keyboard, mouse, speaker system and monitor?

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2009, 04:47:18 PM »

I look forward to it. While I don't have quite the cash to dish out at the moment, I'd be interested to see what kind of system you've put together for under $500 (no clue how the exchange rate will work here, the loonie is pretty high up atm..)

In any case, I assume you already have a keyboard, mouse, speaker system and monitor?

Yep, also have the OS already, too.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2009, 05:29:59 PM »
I love playing matches with only my deagle.
It's honestly my favorite gun, and I'm a beast with it.
Me and my clan once did this. All 6 of use played and entire TD with only handguns. We lost, but only by 3-4 kills.

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2009, 03:28:56 AM »
To be honest I don't like deagle at all, the recoil is just awful. I know how to control it, but the point is, before someone can hit me 2-3 times with his deagle, I can easily hit him 4 times with Colt. Especially on long distance this is obvious, on short deagle wins very slightly.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2009, 11:26:26 AM »
You're aware there is no Colt in the game right?

I'm guessing you mean the M1911, which is model after the Colt design.

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2009, 02:49:10 PM »
It's called Colt .45 in game if I remember correctly. I won't be arguing any further, though, as I'm no expert in this (always thought it's the same Colt just with improved design, though).

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2009, 02:51:36 PM »
Just got my text message from game stop!! :metal

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2009, 02:52:20 PM »
It's called Colt .45 in game if I remember correctly. I won't be arguing any further, though, as I'm no expert in this (always thought it's the same Colt just with improved design, though).
The only .45 in the game is the USP .45.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2009, 02:53:09 PM »
We all know what gun he's talking about, whether you call it a Colt .45 or an M1911.

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »
Ok, not .45, but anyway...
https://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5551/colt.jpg

In fact I'd never paid any attention to that before. I've used it like a thousand times and I don't even know what I'm shooting with in game. :P

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2009, 03:19:41 PM »
Interesting. I don't know why it is the Colt 1911 there and the M1911 over here.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.