Author Topic: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread  (Read 554899 times)

Offline DTA

Re: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread
« Reply #7000 on: August 12, 2023, 10:03:15 AM »
I haven’t seen anything about last night anywhere. Did they just do Testimony 1 or were there surprise encores?

Offline Kram

« Reply #7001 on: August 12, 2023, 10:59:35 AM »
I haven’t seen anything about last night anywhere. Did they just do Testimony 1 or were there surprise encores?
I came here looking to see if there was a report about last night as well. I checked Setlist.fm and nothing there either.

Offline DTA

« Reply #7002 on: August 12, 2023, 11:37:06 AM »
I came here looking to see if there was a report about last night as well. I checked Setlist.fm and nothing there either.

Just saw on Facebook night 1 was only T1. Makes sense since it’s a lot longer than T2.

Offline Learning2Live

« Reply #7003 on: August 12, 2023, 12:02:32 PM »
There was no encore last night, just T1. It didn't end until after 11 PM local time (midnight for me), so I didn't think they'd have an encore when I saw how late it was running.

Wasn't a flawless performance, but still an enjoyable watch. Will be curious to hear from those in attendance, as the venue and especially the stage looked pretty cramped for space.

And to answer a previous post - Yes, if you bought the streaming package, you have up to a week afterwards to watch.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #7004 on: August 12, 2023, 12:20:05 PM »
Curious to see what they have planned for the encore today :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Kram

« Reply #7005 on: August 12, 2023, 01:33:05 PM »
Thanks for the updates guys! Yes, I too am curious what “surprises” may be in store for tonight’s encore.

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #7006 on: August 12, 2023, 01:33:18 PM »
I was there last night.

The venue was very cramped, as L2L suggested. Getting in and out of rows was pretty difficult. It wasn't like basement-level small, but they had us packed in for sure. That said, I've been packed in tighter before, so it wasn't totally unbearable. What was almost unbearable, though, was the temperature. It was very hot. The AC wasn't getting the job done given the crowd size. I felt bad for Neal who was up there in a leather jacket for half of the set. He had a towel and kept having to towel the sweat off his face. Later in the show the TV screens were going in and out, I assume due to the heat.

Not dissimilar from some past Morsefests, the show start ran about 30 minutes behind schedule.

Casey opened solo with The Storm, then talked about his daughter and his foundation for 10-15 minutes, including a short video. Then he played Peaceful Harbors and had the crowd sing with him a bit, which was cool. Then that was it. He said he was flying right back to Texas for another benefit show tomorrow. It was mildly awkward that he only did 2 songs and talked for so long, but I understand that his life now is mostly about trying to raise money to fund research for his daughter's condition.

I think the delay starting the show, coupled with Casey possibly talking more than expected (though for all I know they had him cut his set due the start delay), put things behind schedule. It was supposed to end around 10 or 10:30 per a Radiant email, but it ended at 11:15PM or so.

The show itself was good. The strings and horns were mic'ed particularly well and sounded incredible at times. Probably the best those instruments have sounded at any Morsefest. The band was tight, but T1 is a looser album in general, very different from recent NMB albums, so the show overall had a looser feeling than shows from recent years. Neal was into it, Randy was into it, and every one in general seemed to be having a good time. One of the string girls had a solo moment that was particularly good. Bill and Eric played more of a backup role rather than having semi-leading roles like on recent NMB tours, but that was expected given the material. They did have some great solos though.

Because of the size of the venue, and maybe the fact that things were running so late, and maybe also because this album had already been performed at a past Morsefest (and had its own tour years prior to that), the show was good but not great, in my opinion. I would consider the previous T1 Morsefest performance to be the definitive version (for those who care about such a label :D).

The Inner Circle show this morning was fun. They did a new Neal song called The First Man which was about Neal feeling like his life was starting over in some ways now that the kids are all out of the house and he and Cherie have been spending more time at their place in Florida. They did a Joseph medley which was cool. That took about 30 minutes. The next half hour was We All Need Some Light, Wind at My Back, Cradle to the Grave with Wil and Neal (which Wil really did a flawless job on - he sounded great all morning!) and a surprise Stranger in Your Soul medley which was awesome.

I'm curious how tonight will go, and whether they'll do SB's Time Has Come like some of y'all have speculated.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 01:39:40 PM by Cocopjojo »

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #7007 on: August 12, 2023, 01:34:31 PM »

My hope is that they just do the 2nd disc of Testimony 2 in full and close out with "Seeds Of Gold", which is always a crowd-pleaser.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #7008 on: August 12, 2023, 02:31:07 PM »
I'll echo a lot of what Coco said. The venue was cramped and a bit warm, but not unmanageable. The sound was very good, particularly for the string section I thought. I don't know Testimony well enough to comment on any issues with the performance or how it stacks up versus Morsefest 2014. I'm sure it wasn't perfect, but considering it's a 2 hour prog album that they haven't played in nearly a decade I'm fine with that. I very much enjoyed myself. The Inner Circle concert this morning was a nice way to spend an hour, loved getting so much Transatlantic. There was also a pretty adorable moment partway through, things were quiet as Neal was tuning his guitar quick and all of a sudden his grandson shouted "Opa! EIEIO!" from the back and so we got an impromptu verse of Old MacDonald :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #7009 on: August 12, 2023, 06:16:36 PM »
Are you here axeman? AC seems fixed tonight. :D

Offline Learning2Live

« Reply #7010 on: August 12, 2023, 10:14:50 PM »
Night 2:
The Healing Colors of Sound
Supernatural
Seeds of Gold

T2

Reunion
King Jesus

Another entertaining night to watch. Again not flawless but still pretty darn good. Hopefully they can clean up a few spots before the next round in Europe.

Offline 425

« Reply #7011 on: August 13, 2023, 04:44:00 AM »
Cool that Healing Colors came out. Interesting that this is now two Morsefest snubs for Absolute Beginner—I wonder if someone doesn’t like it.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #7012 on: August 13, 2023, 07:07:49 AM »
Night 2 was simply incredible. Seeds of Gold was amazing, Eric killed his solos, the band sounded fantastic and it was a wonderful evening

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #7013 on: August 13, 2023, 07:32:33 AM »
Last night's performance was awesome. Opening with The Healing Colors of Sound was, for me personally, a great way to start the show. The band was very enthusiastic and Eric crushed the solos. He captured Alan's style but also shredded a bit, of course, and it all sounded great. He is just so good - both on guitar and vocally. Neal also nailed the vocals. This is one of my favorite SB songs, so it was really great to hear it. Some dude directly behind me was belting out the lyrics, so it was great to have other folks there who knew the song.

It was cool that they did the entirety of Seeds of Gold - it was a crowd pleaser for sure. It's easy to forget how great that track is.

The band brought a lot of energy to T2, and the vibe in the room was very good. Lots of great solos by the band, Neal was super energetic, and the strings once again sounded good. This album is more streamlined and modern than T1 (which isn't a knock on T1) so the concert was, to me, a lot of fun. They added a bunch of inserts, like an extended version of The Water bit with vocals, and a bit of Bridge Across Forever.

I am pretty sure they didn't do all of Reunion, and instead just clipped it short and went directly into King Jesus. I remember these tracks being played as past encores and the crowd always loved it, and last night was no different. It was a great choice as the encore.

This was one of those rare shows that had multiple moments that brought the crowd to their feet - without MP or Neal having to urge it!  :lol The ending to THCoS and Seeds of Gold both did it, IIRC. As well as lots of others.

I think this really may be the last year of Morsefest unless they think of something totally different next year. I'm not sure they'd use this venue again - they apologized to the crowd for how cramped and hot it was (the AC lost the battle again tonight about 45min in). And then the big thing I noticed that worried me was how winded Neal got at times. There were a few times where he seemed to totally lose his breath (ex. - the acapella section during Time Changer) and had to power through it. He gave it 110% like he always does, but it seems like maybe his age is catching up to him. Maybe I was being overly analytical though and it isn't as much of an issue as I thought.

I was also reflecting more on Night 1, and I think one of the things that made it less than five stars for me was that it felt like a slimmed-down version of the 2014 Testimony show - due to the size of the venue, stage, and overall-repetitive feeling. So it was weird that they brought it back, and yet did a "smaller" version of it. It wasn't as epic, so it seemed a bit stale to me. That said, the fact that folks like axeman weren't able to make it in 2014, but got to see this one, is really cool.

Overall, this year was different, but great. Night 1 was a tiny bit of a letdown for me, but Night 2 more than made up for it - just an incredible performance, and I'm glad I was there to see it.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7014 on: August 13, 2023, 09:02:24 AM »
Last night's performance was awesome. Opening with The Healing Colors of Sound was, for me personally, a great way to start the show. The band was very enthusiastic and Eric crushed the solos. He captured Alan's style but also shredded a bit, of course, and it all sounded great. He is just so good - both on guitar and vocally. Neal also nailed the vocals. This is one of my favorite SB songs, so it was really great to hear it. Some dude directly behind me was belting out the lyrics, so it was great to have other folks there who knew the song.

It was cool that they did the entirety of Seeds of Gold - it was a crowd pleaser for sure. It's easy to forget how great that track is.

The band brought a lot of energy to T2, and the vibe in the room was very good. Lots of great solos by the band, Neal was super energetic, and the strings once again sounded good. This album is more streamlined and modern than T1 (which isn't a knock on T1) so the concert was, to me, a lot of fun. They added a bunch of inserts, like an extended version of The Water bit with vocals, and a bit of Bridge Across Forever.

I am pretty sure they didn't do all of Reunion, and instead just clipped it short and went directly into King Jesus. I remember these tracks being played as past encores and the crowd always loved it, and last night was no different. It was a great choice as the encore.

This was one of those rare shows that had multiple moments that brought the crowd to their feet - without MP or Neal having to urge it!  :lol The ending to THCoS and Seeds of Gold both did it, IIRC. As well as lots of others.

I think this really may be the last year of Morsefest unless they think of something totally different next year. I'm not sure they'd use this venue again - they apologized to the crowd for how cramped and hot it was (the AC lost the battle again tonight about 45min in). And then the big thing I noticed that worried me was how winded Neal got at times. There were a few times where he seemed to totally lose his breath (ex. - the acapella section during Time Changer) and had to power through it. He gave it 110% like he always does, but it seems like maybe his age is catching up to him. Maybe I was being overly analytical though and it isn't as much of an issue as I thought.

I was also reflecting more on Night 1, and I think one of the things that made it less than five stars for me was that it felt like a slimmed-down version of the 2014 Testimony show - due to the size of the venue, stage, and overall-repetitive feeling. So it was weird that they brought it back, and yet did a "smaller" version of it. It wasn't as epic, so it seemed a bit stale to me. That said, the fact that folks like axeman weren't able to make it in 2014, but got to see this one, is really cool.

Overall, this year was different, but great. Night 1 was a tiny bit of a letdown for me, but Night 2 more than made up for it - just an incredible performance, and I'm glad I was there to see it.

WOW, thanks for the review. I am so happy you made it and enjoy the shows.
Got any pics?

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #7015 on: August 13, 2023, 03:12:35 PM »
Glad to hear the positive reviews of MF23. I always "want" to go, but time/money/life doesn't always cooperate. This year's lineup (T1&T2) was a little underwhelming when announced, but I'm glad people enjoyed it still. I love T2, but went to MF17, so I had seen it. T1 is not my favorite album, so I was ok skipping it. I would have been disappointed to not get an encore as well, considering MF14 had a pretty good sized encore after T1.

But damn, that night 2 sounds awesome. Listening to Seeds now again for the first time in a while. I love the vibe on this one. Very Genesis-like throughout. Healing Colors may be my favorite Spock's song. I was hoping for it in MF21, but got Flow instead. I'm hoping for some sort of release just for that. I'm sure it's not on their main priorities list, though, considering there's two releases already for both albums. Maybe someday though!
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #7016 on: August 13, 2023, 06:32:02 PM »
Something I've been thinking is which version of Morsefest are they going to release for this year? US or Europe? But knowing their track record, they just might release both :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #7017 on: August 13, 2023, 10:14:39 PM »
Something I've been thinking is which version of Morsefest are they going to release for this year? US or Europe? But knowing their track record, they just might release both :lol

I'd say the European one gets released, barring any unfortunate and unforseen circumstances regarding the performers or production. It'd just give the European fans some pride in knowing that their first Morsefest got the official MF23 release. Hopefully the second performances of these two concerts is pulled off even better now that they've done it once.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #7018 on: August 14, 2023, 06:35:49 AM »
Yeah, the Saturday night show was great, and popped a bit more for me than T1 on Friday. The material before T2 was great, Seeds of Gold was killer. Neal absolutely broke down while going through Jayda during T2 proper, and seemed quite emotional at several other points. The encore was brief but a great high-energy way to cap the weekend. Overall I think the weekend came off well for the first run in a new space. It was a little cramped and a little warm, but the music was great and the sense of camaraderie was still there. At this point, as long as they keep holding them, I'll keep showing up.

Are you here axeman? AC seems fixed tonight. :D

Yeah, Saturday night was better for sure, at least to start. That storm that almost drowned us coming out of the Inner Circle show helped :lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #7019 on: August 14, 2023, 09:35:50 AM »
WOW, thanks for the review. I am so happy you made it and enjoy the shows.
Got any pics?
Just a few low-quality iPhone pics I snapped real quick.

The rest are here:

http://www.jacobbenton.com/files/img/morsefest-2023/index.html

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #7020 on: August 14, 2023, 12:47:10 PM »
Finally I was able to listen to The Dreamer Pt. 1 today and really enjoyed it! Sure, it's not One or Sola Scriptura, but it's not bad at all. It's also a lot better and less musical-ish than JCTE, imo. This one feels like your typical prog concept album (I mean it in a good way) but with the occasional guest vocalists here and there.

What I think is now that NMB has cemented as its own band thing, at least in the studio, Neal seems like he wants to keep his prog solo stuff as different/independent from NMB as possible (Sola Gratia being a bit of an exception). I totally get why he would want to do that, but these albums would benefit greatly from having the Mike/Randy rhythm section and some extra input from some other guys on the other instruments.

Like I said, I really enjoyed this one anyway and am looking forward to pt. 2 next year!

Btw, does anybody know what's happening with the God's Smuggler album? It seems like he started it long time ago but the Joseph stuff became his priority and the former got sidelined.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #7021 on: August 14, 2023, 12:48:59 PM »
God’s Smuggler became a stage production. I don’t know if he still plans on doing it as an album.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7022 on: August 14, 2023, 01:01:26 PM »
I listened to The Dream Pt. 1 the other day, and thought it was fine, but definitely on the lower end of Neal's output.  No individual songs stood out, but on the whole was nice.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #7023 on: August 14, 2023, 02:05:28 PM »
God’s Smuggler became a stage production. I don’t know if he still plans on doing it as an album.

Had no idea. Hopefully it gets recorded/released at some point.

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #7024 on: August 14, 2023, 02:19:32 PM »
I listened to The Dream Pt. 1 the other day, and thought it was fine, but definitely on the lower end of Neal's output.  No individual songs stood out, but on the whole was nice.

this is me.  these concept bible story time album's are just not doing it for me.

Melodically Neal has sort of lost it.  nothing here is particularly memorable and particularly engaging.  honestly neal is now trying to re-write Andrew lloyd Webber Musicals, lol.  is Evita next?  and BTW hate to probably ruffle feathers.  If i want to hear both Stories of Jesus and Joseph i'm going to webber.  they are both leagues better.

Saying all that. i still love NMB and feel Neal is better balanced in a band at this stage.

Also the drumming needs to be better on these and sorry i don't rate Eric as a good one.

sorry if this was a harsh post but i'm just saying my feelings.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7025 on: August 15, 2023, 10:25:00 AM »
So.... not at all suggesting that anything here is not accurate or untrue - it is all accurate in my opinion - but I don't share some of the conclusions.  Yes, it was hot; but it was (is) August in Tennessee and it is, after all, a rock concert.  I didn't expect the room to be AC cool and it wasn't, and I didn't give it a moments thought during the two shows.

I don't have other Morsefests to compare it to, this was my first, and other than I would have liked to hear more of the NMB on Friday (Casey was good, and his piece was moving as shit*, but it should have been in addition to the three hours of music, not a part of it), and I could have done without the guest vocal on my favorite NM song of all time, "Supernatural", I literally have nothing to complain about.  The people were phenomenal, the music was phenomenal, the experience was phenomenal.  I got to see Axeman (it was a pleasure talking with you; I wish we could have talked more I wanted to ask you about Metallica!), met JustJen (nice to meet you!) and I got to meet a couple new friends (the couple next to me from Australia - he won a mug for coming the farthest, by 800 miles!).  I got to chat with Cherie a bit (wonderful woman!), and spent a little time with Joey Pippin (who seemed relieved when it was all over!).

I thought the supplemental musicians were excellent (that woman on the violin was on her game, and her brother/husband - Gideon Klein, I think - on cello also was on fire).  I had not seen Neal play so much guitar.  Honestly, in his own way he's as good as Eric, IMO (because I like that more classic rock style that he plays).  I was lucky enough to tell him this, but it's STILL a treat to watch Mike play drums.   

* I have a daughter. Watching his face as he related his story, and seeing the photos of Rose, it was impossible not to be choked up.   At the start of his time on stage, he had raised just over $4,000; in the first twenty minutes after his time, the group in that building raised $6,000 for his cause, and now the total today is about $16,000+ (the goal is $20k). 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 12:48:45 PM by Stadler »

Offline Kram

« Reply #7026 on: August 15, 2023, 12:01:29 PM »
So.... not at all suggesting that anything here is not accurate or untrue - it is all accurate in my opinion - but I don't share some of the conclusions.  Yes, it was hot; but it was (is) August in Tennessee and it is, after all, a rock concert.  I didn't expect the room to be AC cool and it wasn't, and I didn't give it a moments thought during the two shows.

I don't have other Morsefests to compare it to, this was my first, and other than I would have liked to hear more of the NMB on Friday (Casey was good, and his piece was moving as shit*, but it should have been in addition to the three hours of music, not a part of it), and I could have done without the guest vocal on my favorite NM song of all time, "Supernatural", I literally have nothing to complain about.  The people were phenomenal, the music was phenomenal, the experience was phenomenal.  I got to see Axeman (it was a pleasure talking with you; I wish we could have talked more I wanted to ask you about Metallica!), met JustJen (nice to meet you!) and I got to meet a couple new friends (the couple next to me from Australia - he won a mug for coming the farthest, by 800 miles!).  I got to chat with Cherie a bit (wonderful woman!), and spent a little time with Joey Pippin (who seemed relieved when it was all over!).

I thought the supplemental musicians were excellent (that woman on the violin was on her game, and her brother/husband on cello also was on fire).  I had not seen Neal play so much guitar.  Honestly, in his own way he's as good as Eric, IMO (because I like that more classic rock style that he plays).  I was lucky enough to tell him this, but it's STILL a treat to watch Mike play drums.   

* I have a daughter. Watching his face as he related his story, and seeing the photos of Rose, it was impossible not to be choked up.   At the start of his time on stage, he had raised just over $4,000; in the first twenty minutes after his time, the group in that building raised $6,000 for his cause, and now the total today is about $16,000+ (the goal is $20k).
Great report and pics Stadler!  I guess you had front row? lol  Who did guest vocals on Supernatural?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #7027 on: August 15, 2023, 12:07:23 PM »
I would assume Eric. He sang it at Morsefest 2017.

Online Mladen

« Reply #7028 on: August 15, 2023, 12:12:24 PM »
The moment I saw that they played Supernatural, I was happy because I knew Stadler was happy.  :tup

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #7029 on: August 15, 2023, 12:15:22 PM »

The addition of fellow Prog Reporter, vocalist Kyle Graves, joining the Neal Morse Band on stage to perform “Supernatural,” was a delightful twist that underscored the camaraderie within the attendees, as one of their own had a moment in the sun.
https://progreport.com/morsefest-2023-testimony-and-testimony-2-review/

-Marc.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7030 on: August 15, 2023, 12:52:52 PM »

I honestly wouldn't have minded that; his voice gels with Neal's perfectly, IMO.  I don't want to knock anyone - its not as if he sucked - but not knowing the guy it held no special meaning for me, and just seemed superfluous. 

Offline Pebsie

« Reply #7031 on: August 17, 2023, 08:04:12 AM »
Thoroughly enjoying Joseph Pt 1.

Initially it was a miss for me: not keen on the guest vocalists and the lyrics sometimes border on cringe... but then suddenly I woke up with "AND IT'S LIKE A WAAAAAAAALLLL" stuck in my head. So I listen to the album through, then it's "but for me, it's a pretty good deal" stuck. Then the next day it's "before the world was". All stuff from the first half of the album but a clear sign to me of one with staying power!! This is how it always happens: a few listens and something might not grab me, but then it sneaks up on me unintentionally and becomes a classic.

However...

1. I wish the album didn't open with the sound of bees. It's so weird. It makes me want to skip the overture, but if I do that then I may as well not listen to the album. Might edit that bit out for my own sanity.
2. As with JCTE's "The Woman of Seven Devils" and now "Slave Boy" I really dislike sexually provocative female vocals. Just makes me deeply uncomfortable. I know it's an important part of the story but I wish it was handled a bit less overtly. Whatever.

Those of you that have listened once or twice and given it a miss I'd really recommend giving another chance. It's a solid record.

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #7032 on: August 17, 2023, 08:48:57 AM »
I haven't listened yet at all, but I'm going to pick it up now based on what you said.

As far the bees sound, it's funny to hear that without context and without having listened to it. If I feel the same as you, I'll probably edit it out like you mentioned. I did the same with Bridge Over Troubled Water from I&D - I edited the "instrumental intro" into its own track, because I enjoy it but I sometimes just want to listen to the straight cover portion starting with the acoustic guitar.

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #7033 on: August 17, 2023, 08:51:46 AM »
I just logged onto Radiant to pick it up, but it doesn't seem like there's a digital download version. Is that right, or am I missing something?

EDIT: Well, in any case, it's on HDTracks so I'm good.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 09:01:44 AM by Cocopjojo »

Offline Pebsie

« Reply #7034 on: August 17, 2023, 03:00:49 PM »
I haven't listened yet at all, but I'm going to pick it up now based on what you said.

As far the bees sound, it's funny to hear that without context and without having listened to it. If I feel the same as you, I'll probably edit it out like you mentioned. I did the same with Bridge Over Troubled Water from I&D - I edited the "instrumental intro" into its own track, because I enjoy it but I sometimes just want to listen to the straight cover portion starting with the acoustic guitar.

Honestly hadn’t considered how it sounds out of context  :rollin
But it’s literally just… bees. Right in your ear. For a whole minute.