Author Topic: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread  (Read 539697 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread
« Reply #5180 on: February 21, 2021, 08:55:10 AM »
Haha, that's great. I guess we could say that Neal has seen the light. ;)

Offline darkshade

« Reply #5181 on: February 26, 2021, 11:39:42 PM »
"If I could, I'd release more music than I do."
-Neal Morse

https://youtu.be/dKTKPhpEI5Y?t=1152

Offline Mladen

Online HOF

« Reply #5183 on: March 03, 2021, 10:00:28 AM »
How about this? Neal and Alan Morse talking about stuff for an hour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR2pqUeI1TmYybuwsrcar_dVelTfa-o2zaKhk-ibXISCDaOgnV-yCV29ddE&v=S7WJwatItM4&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=NealMorse

Just finished watching this. Some fun stories about the early days of Spock’s Beard. Wish they had touched on what Al is up to and whether or not there were any plans for SB in the near future, but oh well!

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #5184 on: March 03, 2021, 10:01:28 AM »
-Neal Morse

and i'd like to do other stuff not involving you......so thanks for not doing so Neal :biggrin: :lol

Offline darkshade

« Reply #5185 on: March 04, 2021, 03:28:02 PM »
-Neal Morse

and i'd like to do other stuff not involving you......so thanks for not doing so Neal :biggrin: :lol

Personally, as someone who was burnt out on Neal's music years ago, I'd rather the artist pump out as much music as they can while they can, as long as it's quality. We have the rest of our lives to digest it.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5186 on: March 14, 2021, 05:51:07 PM »
Tracking is officially done for the new NMB album. All tracks have been delivered to Rich Mouser for mixing. Our target release is end of August early September. We are all very excited about how this album turned out. We can’t wait for all of you to hear it!

https://www.facebook.com/102918897828725/posts/446971040090174/

Very exciting news! I assume we will get more info around June or so, 2 months before release, with the usual 2-3 pre-release singles.

Any bets on the album format? Multi-track concept? One big epic with several shorter songs? A double or single CD album? If it's a single, will it have a bonus disc? Will there be covers?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline 425

« Reply #5187 on: March 14, 2021, 06:28:23 PM »
Nice! I'd bet it will be a single. At least some of the other guys seemed to be reluctant about doing two double albums in a row, and Neal himself seems to be heading in a more compact direction for now, between Sola Gratia and The Breath of Life. For this reason I'm also kind of betting against seeing another epic, although I'd definitely like another one from the NMB, seeing as Alive Again has become a favorite of mine.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5188 on: March 14, 2021, 06:36:16 PM »
I've love to see an album with a bunch of mini-epics, like three or four songs in the 9 to 15 minute range, and then a handful of shorter tunes, but I am sure whatever it is, it will be good, so bring it on.  :tup :tup

Target date definitely sets up right around when Morsefest would normally be (September), so we will see how that pans out.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #5189 on: March 14, 2021, 06:48:11 PM »
I'd like to see a single disk album, not another double album like they did twice in a row with TSOAD and TGA, not a concept album either, just a bunch of great songs. Another epic would be great too.

As for the release date, it seems like it's going to be quite close to DT15 (maybe a little earlier), so I'm even more excited now for September to arrive :hefdaddy
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5190 on: March 14, 2021, 06:49:20 PM »
I've love to see an album with a bunch of mini-epics, like three or four songs in the 9 to 15 minute range, and then a handful of shorter tunes, but I am sure whatever it is, it will be good, so bring it on.  :tup :tup

Target date definitely sets up right around when Morsefest would normally be (September), so we will see how that pans out.

Good point. Now we can once again debate whether or not Morsefest will feature Transatlantic or the Neal Morse Band.  :lol

If it is another NMB Morsefest, I wonder what else they could play from the back catalog, other than Momentum in its entirety, or maybe all of TGE, since we don't yet have those albums in complete live performances.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline 425

« Reply #5191 on: March 14, 2021, 08:42:47 PM »
Is there any reason it can't be both? I know a lot of us were hoping for a two-night Transatlantic Morsefest, but I could see it being one night NMB, one night TA, and then maybe have Eric, Bill and Randy join for Stranger or something as the last encore.

Although I think any idea of a TA Morsefest is dependent on whether Roine and Pete will even be able to come to the US at that time.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #5192 on: March 14, 2021, 09:12:34 PM »
I kinda would like to see a single album of really strong songs ending with an epic.  it's been a minute since Neal has made an epic.  i miss them.

also i don't need another concept.  i don't pay attention to the story anyway, lol

Offline darkshade

« Reply #5193 on: March 14, 2021, 11:26:53 PM »
Gonna call it here, a single album with normal to moderately longer songs flowing from one to the next, with a filled up bonus disc featuring (hopefully) at least one long epic, some random songs that didn't fit the main disc, some other songs, and a few covers.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5194 on: March 14, 2021, 11:35:37 PM »
My guess for the album:
Opening track will be the title track, an epic in the 10-12 minute range.
There will then be 3-4 more songs, ranging from 3-8 minutes of varying length.
The album closer will be an epic in 5-7 movements, and it'll be roughly 25 minutes long.

There will be a bonus disc but no covers, just 3 or 4 songs that the band didn't find suitable for the main album, probably two or three compositions by Eric and Bill, maybe one by Neal.

-Marc.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #5195 on: March 15, 2021, 09:19:49 AM »
So Radiant takes forever to ship items out?
I ordered a few things from them, including the re-release of TAU Ultimate Edition blu ray, a few weeks ago at this point, and haven't gotten an email about shipping anything out.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #5196 on: March 15, 2021, 09:52:41 AM »
So Radiant takes forever to ship items out?

Yes, that whole online shop is just utter chaos...
any rock can be made to roll

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5197 on: March 18, 2021, 10:08:44 AM »
For those in the Inner Circle:

Hi, everyone!

Just wanted to share the news of this month’s Inner Circle release that will land on Monday, March 22nd.

As you probably know, for Transatlantic’s The Absolute Universe, I took the lead role in putting together the "Breath of Life" version. If you have the Blu-ray, you will have seen the Making of documentary which mainly focuses on the work we did in Sweden. This month’s IC release tells “the rest of the story” – the long journey from the initial idea to edit in March 2020 to November 2020, when the final mixes were signed off, and everything in between – which includes me catching Coronavirus!

The documentary is around 70 minutes long, and you’ll see me doing some of the lyric rewrites, adding overdubs and chopping and editing this thing!

If you aren’t yet a member of the Inner Circle, you can sign up today. You’ll immediately be able to get the January 2020 release “NMB 3: Some More Adventures” plus get the March release on Monday, the 22nd.

I look forward to hearing what you think of the documentary!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5198 on: March 18, 2021, 03:35:42 PM »
For those in the Inner Circle:

Hi, everyone!

Just wanted to share the news of this month’s Inner Circle release that will land on Monday, March 22nd.

As you probably know, for Transatlantic’s The Absolute Universe, I took the lead role in putting together the "Breath of Life" version. If you have the Blu-ray, you will have seen the Making of documentary which mainly focuses on the work we did in Sweden. This month’s IC release tells “the rest of the story” – the long journey from the initial idea to edit in March 2020 to November 2020, when the final mixes were signed off, and everything in between – which includes me catching Coronavirus!

The documentary is around 70 minutes long, and you’ll see me doing some of the lyric rewrites, adding overdubs and chopping and editing this thing!

If you aren’t yet a member of the Inner Circle, you can sign up today. You’ll immediately be able to get the January 2020 release “NMB 3: Some More Adventures” plus get the March release on Monday, the 22nd.

I look forward to hearing what you think of the documentary!

Saw that email earlier today. I'm glad he's releasing this because that part of the album-making process seemed VERY glossed over in the Making Of Documentary on the BD. I had been wondering how he got the new parts on there, and if Pete and Mike actually recorded new music for the new instrumental parts, or if Neal played them? The album credits don't list any drums or bass for Neal, so I assume he got them to play new stuff, but it wasn't shown on the BD, just Neal crafting new parts for "Can You Feel It". Can't wait to see how in-depth Neal gets with this IC Video download. I wanna see just how he went about carving and recrafting the album!

-Marc.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #5199 on: March 18, 2021, 03:51:32 PM »
That sounds cool, but I haven't gotten the blu ray yet.. I'm interested in NMB3: Some More Adventures, is that new original songs that didn't make TGA?

Offline 425

« Reply #5200 on: March 18, 2021, 05:50:04 PM »
Looks like it's demos, some of which are promised to be mostly different from the final release.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5201 on: March 19, 2021, 08:24:41 AM »
Morsefest is a go this year. October 8th and 9th. Tickets on sale in a week. Neal Morse Band both nights.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5202 on: March 19, 2021, 08:50:51 AM »
Morsefest is a go this year. October 8th and 9th. Tickets on sale in a week. Neal Morse Band both nights.

I just might have to do it this year. I've never done it....problem is I have three sons who LOVE Neal Morse and TNMB so it's going to be expensive!!!  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5203 on: March 19, 2021, 09:20:35 AM »

I just might have to do it this year. I've never done it....problem is I have three sons who LOVE Neal Morse and TNMB so it's going to be expensive!!!  :lol

All on you Gary.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5204 on: March 19, 2021, 10:39:36 AM »

I'm debating it, too.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #5205 on: March 19, 2021, 01:06:57 PM »
Definitely going. I need a live show like a ball player needs a dunk.

I'm a little upset that it looks like only VIPs will be able to get into the Inner Circle concert. I definitely can't afford a $900 ticket, especially since my buddy looks like he's down for the roadtrip. But I'll be pumped to see what they pull out this year. Kind of cool that the set is going to be secret!
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5206 on: March 19, 2021, 01:31:27 PM »

I'm a little upset that it looks like only VIPs will be able to get into the Inner Circle concert. I definitely can't afford a $900 ticket, especially since my buddy looks like he's down for the roadtrip. But I'll be pumped to see what they pull out this year. Kind of cool that the set is going to be secret!

Will the current IC members have to pay for the IC concert? You should ask on his FB forum, maybe it's cheaper to get into IC only for that

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #5207 on: March 19, 2021, 01:57:48 PM »
Yeah, I dunno. It specifically says VIPs get entry. I know at previous Morsefests, it's been free for IC members. I don't mind paying if I have to, but it's unclear if IC members will be invited or just VIPs
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5208 on: March 19, 2021, 03:07:01 PM »

That is a good "problem" to have.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5209 on: March 19, 2021, 05:11:28 PM »

I asked at the FB forum, and one of the guys that works for NEAL MORSE during the Morsefests told me that regular IC members can attend the show. So, there you go.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 06:17:36 PM by MinistroRaven »

Offline darkshade

« Reply #5210 on: March 19, 2021, 05:25:14 PM »

Where is this info?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5211 on: March 19, 2021, 05:35:41 PM »

Where is this info?

https://youtu.be/TpczOITQb5g

-Marc.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #5212 on: March 19, 2021, 05:44:20 PM »

I asked at the FB forum, and one of the guys that works for Anmary during the Morsefests told me that regular IC members can attend the show. So, there you go.

Wahooooo
WELP.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #5213 on: March 19, 2021, 05:49:08 PM »
Thanks

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5214 on: March 19, 2021, 08:03:47 PM »
I wasn't able to read the details earlier, but I did just now and was bummed to see they will be afternoon shows again, which will enable them to stream them in the evening again.  Ugh.  Given that it is 4-5 hours from here to Cross Plains, getting there in time for the Friday afternoon show would be pretty difficult, and taking an extra day off work (Thursday) to come down a day early ain't happening. Might have to sit this one and just do the stream again.  :( :(