Author Topic: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread  (Read 549804 times)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
Re: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread
« Reply #7070 on: September 14, 2023, 09:42:27 AM »
On that note, I’ve been meaning to get rid of some of my Neal Morse live CDs. I just never watch or listen to them.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7071 on: September 14, 2023, 10:11:51 AM »
I might be willing to take some off your hands if they are ones I don't have.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7072 on: September 14, 2023, 10:19:03 AM »
Sure! I don’t remember what all I have off the top of my head, but I’ll check this evening.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7073 on: September 14, 2023, 06:47:58 PM »
I have:

Testimony 1 Live 2DVD
Sola Scriptura and Beyond 2DVD
Testimony 2 Live in Los Angeles 3CD/2DVD
Live Momentum 3CD/2DVD
Alive Again 2CD/1DVD
An Evening of Innocence and Danger 3CD

Also have all the Morsefest Blu-ray’s, but I’m keeping those.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7074 on: September 15, 2023, 12:26:41 PM »
The only one I don't have is An Evening of Innocence and Danger, which I will gladly take if you are getting rid of it.  PM me price and details.   
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7075 on: September 15, 2023, 06:37:11 PM »
Will do.

And since others have messaged me about buying some of these, here's what's left.

Alive Again 2CD/1DVD
Testimony 2 Live in Los Angeles 3CD/2DVD
Testimony 1 Live 2DVD
Sola Scriptura and Beyond 2DVD
Live Momentum 3CD/2DVD
An Evening of Innocence and Danger 3CD

Online The Letter M

« Reply #7076 on: September 25, 2023, 08:21:43 AM »

Exciting News! 🌟 After the incredible response to Testimony and Testimony 2 in the USA and Europe this summer, we've been looking into how we might “do it all again” in other places! Some doors were closed but we are excited to announce that the first-ever UK Morsefest weekend will take place on January 12th and 13th, 2024! 🇬🇧

We know you have questions, and we'll share all the details as they come together. What we can reveal now is that it'll be just like the US and Europe shows, with NMB rocking the Friday and Saturday evening shows, an Inner Circle concert on Saturday, and a Sunday church service. 🙏 The venue will be in Greater London, with a larger capacity than the other weekends, so we hope to see many of you there!

Mark your calendars, stay tuned for more info, and be part of the experience!  #MorsefestUK  #SaveTheDate

Exciting news for Morse fans in the UK!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Pebsie

« Reply #7077 on: October 19, 2023, 03:13:01 AM »
I was excited at the prospect of a MorseFest UK and I can't believe that it's only a 50 minute drive from my house rather than the regular navigation of the horrid streets of London.

But £520 for a seat in the first 5 rows or £275 for the back? £200 for restricted viewing? My goodness. I understand why it's this expensive, but that's crazy!

95 seats at £520 = £49,400
290 seats at £275 = £79,750
90 seats at £200 = £18,000

Total revenue for this show if it sells out is £147,150 before tax. That's really not a lot of money.

Also... do not look up the venue on Wikipedia  :eek

Offline Pebsie

« Reply #7078 on: October 19, 2023, 08:38:10 AM »
Update: looks like comments complaining about the price are getting removed and people are getting banned from Neal Morse Forum fon Facebook for discussing them. Uh oh.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7079 on: October 19, 2023, 09:03:59 AM »
Total revenue for this show if it sells out is £147,150 before tax. That's really not a lot of money.

No, it's really not.  I didn't look up the venue, as you recommended, but is it a "traditional" music venue or a church?  Just asking because I am trying to figure out whether the financial arrangement is somewhat traditional, or if it was just something they arranged privately with the venue, which would probably net them more money.  I'm guessing the bandmember guarantees are maybe 5,000 each. 

Offline Pebsie

« Reply #7080 on: October 19, 2023, 09:19:10 AM »

No, it's really not.  I didn't look up the venue, as you recommended, but is it a "traditional" music venue or a church?  Just asking because I am trying to figure out whether the financial arrangement is somewhat traditional, or if it was just something they arranged privately with the venue, which would probably net them more money.  I'm guessing the bandmember guarantees are maybe 5,000 each.

It's a church. Proper church church, but it looks like they've done live events before so that's cool.

I said not to look it up because of various controversies relating to its founder, including a conviction and subsequent imprisonment of on rape charges. This came after several former members of the congregation called it a cult. And there were allegations of child sex abuse too, but as far as I can tell that was never proven. That was 14 years ago but the current pastor was that fellas long term business partner. No idea why they wouldn't give the venue a Google first.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #7081 on: October 19, 2023, 09:22:44 AM »
Update: looks like comments complaining about the price are getting removed and people are getting banned from Neal Morse Forum fon Facebook for discussing them. Uh oh.

Censorship proudly brought to you by Radiant Records :tup

:rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7082 on: October 19, 2023, 01:20:59 PM »

Maybe, but - and I fully agree that people are entitled to vent their opinions - it's kind of a dick move.  If you don't like it, don't go.  NONE of the Morsefests have been cheap.  It's not like we don't know what's the what here.   For me, I don't know that I'm DEFINITELY going to every year from here on out, but having gone to one, and gotten every penny's worth of value (not least of which were two PHENOMENAL rock concerts, from the very front row) the price is what the price is.

Offline Pebsie

« Reply #7083 on: October 20, 2023, 02:14:01 AM »

Maybe, but - and I fully agree that people are entitled to vent their opinions - it's kind of a dick move.  If you don't like it, don't go.  NONE of the Morsefests have been cheap.  It's not like we don't know what's the what here.   For me, I don't know that I'm DEFINITELY going to every year from here on out, but having gone to one, and gotten every penny's worth of value (not least of which were two PHENOMENAL rock concerts, from the very front row) the price is what the price is.

£520 though!? The latest UK DT tour felt overpriced but I could see them 4.34 times for the same price. Hell, even DreamSonic was less per night. I guess this is the effect of playing smaller venues... but then why not do larger ones?

Out of interest how does this compare to the US show prices? Does anyone remember what they usually are?

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #7084 on: October 20, 2023, 06:30:42 AM »
The non-VIP ticket was $300 this past US Morsefest.

But I guess it’s worth pointing out that none of the 20-40 performers/crew had to fly in from other countries.

Ultimately you charge what people are willing to pay, and as far as I know, every Morsefest has been sold out or very close to being sold out. We’ll see how it does at this price in London, but if it sells out like all of the others then I would assume the smart move is to charge even more next time.

There are several that I’ve chosen not to attend because the price wasn’t worth it to me (e.g. 2018).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7085 on: October 20, 2023, 07:36:23 AM »
And you can't compare this to a tour.   I literally stood there and chatted with Neal's wife for 20 minutes.  I'm not, but others were on a first name basis with others in Neal's family who were mingling around and working the merch booth.  Neal himself was walking around the back with his grandson.  You're there for two full days (at least; more if you want the worship part which I didn't participate in).   I don't remember the exact breakdown of what was in the VIP versus the regular ticket, but I think I paid $500 +/- for my ticket, and as I said, it was worth every penny.

Look, I'm not defending it.  It's not my pricing.  I can only speak for myself, and it was an expense I was willing (and, thankfully, able) to make.  Like I said, it is what it is. 

Offline Kram

« Reply #7086 on: October 20, 2023, 10:52:30 AM »

£520 though!? The latest UK DT tour felt overpriced but I could see them 4.34 times for the same price. Hell, even DreamSonic was less per night. I guess this is the effect of playing smaller venues... but then why not do larger ones?

Out of interest how does this compare to the US show prices? Does anyone remember what they usually are?
Pebsie - is that the price per show, or for that price you get a ticket to BOTH shows?

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #7087 on: October 21, 2023, 05:10:25 AM »
Those prices are for both shows over the course of the weekend.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7088 on: October 21, 2023, 05:21:45 AM »

Plus VIP experience, tote bag, and meal at the venue, and first 4 row seat

Offline Pebsie

« Reply #7089 on: October 22, 2023, 05:00:50 AM »

"First 4 row seat" doesn't have as much impact when there are only 10 rows, but yeah the £520 is VIP. Otherwise it's £275, or £200 for restrictred viewing.

It's a fair price and they don't stand to make a ton, but it's also very expensive. Both of those things can be true.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #7090 on: October 22, 2023, 07:50:01 AM »
This Morsefest talk has me going back to listen to Testimony and Testimony 2 this morning. Both great albums that have a bigger affect on me now than when they came out. I’m sure y’all understand what I mean without me getting into all of that.  Anyway, great stuff!
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Kram

« Reply #7091 on: October 22, 2023, 11:23:01 AM »

"First 4 row seat" doesn't have as much impact when there are only 10 rows, but yeah the £520 is VIP. Otherwise it's £275, or £200 for restrictred viewing.

It's a fair price and they don't stand to make a ton, but it's also very expensive. Both of those things can be true.
If that's for two shows, plus the VIP experience, I suppose the price isn't too bad then.  But I hear what you're saying. If it were me I'd go with a £275 ticket and skip the meal etc..

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7093 on: October 25, 2023, 08:45:48 AM »
So I guess NMB5 isn’t happening any time soon  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #7094 on: October 25, 2023, 09:30:17 AM »

Aside from the upcoming UK Morsefest event, they have said NMB has no current future plans, so I am not counting on anything new from them again unless they tell us differently.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #7095 on: October 25, 2023, 11:15:13 AM »

Aside from the upcoming UK Morsefest event, they have said NMB has no current future plans, so I am not counting on anything new from them again unless they tell us differently.

With Eric in TEMIC and MP now rejoining DT....I'd be shocked to see anything new with that lineup for quite some time.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #7096 on: October 25, 2023, 11:23:01 AM »
Ooh, where do I go to request Temic opening for DT on their next tour?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #7097 on: October 25, 2023, 11:45:52 AM »

I think it's probably a high likelihood that this will happen.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #7098 on: October 25, 2023, 11:58:26 AM »

I think it's probably a high likelihood that this will happen.
:metal

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7099 on: October 25, 2023, 01:30:05 PM »
Reunion has been stuck in my head all day long since I heard the news.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7100 on: October 25, 2023, 03:10:53 PM »
Good news on the NMB camp

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #7101 on: October 25, 2023, 03:49:43 PM »
That's great news. That's also a nice thing for him to say.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #7102 on: October 25, 2023, 03:53:35 PM »
^^^Randy is an awesome human being! :hefdaddy

Online The Letter M

« Reply #7103 on: October 25, 2023, 04:12:30 PM »
Good news on the NMB camp

Randy is a good dude, though if Neal suddenly decides to return to Spock's Beard, I could see the chances of NMB reuniting become even slimmer, especially with TEMIC being a thing now and if that continues forward. Maybe Randy and Bill could recruit a drummer, vocalist, and guitarist to form their own band?  :lol

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7104 on: October 25, 2023, 04:24:46 PM »
Doesn't Bill have "They Came From Outer Space" or whatever it is?