Author Topic: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread  (Read 549237 times)

Offline The Letter M

Re: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread
« Reply #5355 on: June 12, 2021, 03:31:42 PM »
So, since preorders for Innocence & Danger start next Friday I think it's safe to assume that they will also release the new single/music video they've been teasing on that date, right? Right? 😁

Makes sense.bthe band members have posted about needing to recording playing in front of a green screen a few weeks ago, so they've been working on at least one new music video for I&D. I bet we will get at least 2 singles, and 1 will have them playing, and another with just animations and lyrics.

I'm gonna guess "Do It All Again" will be the first single, then the second will be "The Way It Has To Be".

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline 425

« Reply #5356 on: June 12, 2021, 03:35:46 PM »
Release Welcome to the World 3 as the first single, cowards.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5357 on: June 12, 2021, 04:14:01 PM »

Nah, skip right to Part 5.  ;)

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline tuto

« Reply #5358 on: June 12, 2021, 04:17:47 PM »

Does To The River count as Welcome to the World 1.5?

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #5359 on: June 12, 2021, 10:32:17 PM »
So, since preorders for Innocence & Danger start next Friday I think it's safe to assume that they will also release the new single/music video they've been teasing on that date, right? Right? 😁

Makes sense.bthe band members have posted about needing to recording playing in front of a green screen a few weeks ago, so they've been working on at least one new music video for I&D. I bet we will get at least 2 singles, and 1 will have them playing, and another with just animations and lyrics.

I'm gonna guess "Do It All Again" will be the first single, then the second will be "The Way It Has To Be".

-Marc.

I think we'll even get three singles... This is an InsideOut release and InsideOut always released three singles of every album in the past 2 years, even from Haken's Vector, which resulted in 17 of its 44 minutes already being released before release date  :lol
any rock can be made to roll

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5360 on: June 12, 2021, 10:58:42 PM »

-Marc.

I think we'll even get three singles... This is an InsideOut release and InsideOut always released three singles of every album in the past 2 years, even from Haken's Vector, which resulted in 17 of its 44 minutes already being released before release date  :lol

That's true. Sometimes I forget they're willing to release 3 singles even if it makes up more than a third of the album. :lol

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5361 on: June 17, 2021, 03:22:21 PM »

-Marc.

Looks like I called it correctly. Mike posted the hashtag #DoItAllAgain with regards to tomorrow, so it seems like the album opener will be our first single for I&D.

-Marc.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5362 on: June 17, 2021, 03:34:05 PM »
The only short songs?  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Mladen

« Reply #5363 on: June 17, 2021, 04:16:12 PM »
Will it be a sequel to Take now my soul? Remember how "When summer comes, we'll dance again, oh yes, we will?" Maybe now that the vaccines are up and running it is time to"Do it all again."

Just throwing it out there. This might be a post-pandemic anthem. Not that the pandemic is over, but hey.  ;D

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5364 on: June 17, 2021, 05:24:10 PM »
Vegas odds are 2 to 1 that one of the first two NMB songs/singles released features a prominent Mike Portnoy lead vocal section.  :lol :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5365 on: June 17, 2021, 05:42:30 PM »
Vegas odds are 2 to 1 that one of the first two NMB songs/singles released features a prominent Mike Portnoy lead vocal section.  :lol :lol

Solo, or duet with Neal, Bill, and/or Eric? I think we might get plenty of harmonies, but a strictly solo Portnoy vocal section? Maybe on the 2nd single. For the first one, and the album opener, I suspect it'll be mostly Neal's vocals, but Bill will get a solo vocal spot, either singing a verse or two, or at the bridge.

-Marc.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #5366 on: June 17, 2021, 05:55:23 PM »
How would you guys feel if a TNMB album featured 95-100% of vocals from everyone but Neal himself, with Eric and/or Bill handling most/all lead vocal duties, and Neal harmonizing and maybe saving a climatic moment for his vocals?
I'd be interested if the music works out that way, but I know I'm not a huge fan of Eric's vocals (I think it's his vocals, anyway)

Offline 425

« Reply #5367 on: June 17, 2021, 06:17:51 PM »
I think the Mike/Bill combo on TGA was a wonderful idea, and I hope they bring that out again.

I wouldn't mind it if there was a one-off album that was, say, 60% Eric, 30% Bill, 5% Neal, 5% Mike, but I think Neal should do a large part of the vocals on most NMB albums. I do like Eric's vocals, but I don't think I like them as much as Neal's.

(To clarify who is who between Eric and Bill: Eric is the chorus of So Far Gone, I Got to Run and Vanity Fair. Bill is "Locks on a box" in Alive Again and the chorus of Freedom Calling.)
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline darkshade

« Reply #5368 on: June 17, 2021, 07:05:44 PM »
I think the Mike/Bill combo on TGA was a wonderful idea, and I hope they bring that out again.

I wouldn't mind it if there was a one-off album that was, say, 60% Eric, 30% Bill, 5% Neal, 5% Mike, but I think Neal should do a large part of the vocals on most NMB albums. I do like Eric's vocals, but I don't think I like them as much as Neal's.

(To clarify who is who between Eric and Bill: Eric is the chorus of So Far Gone, I Got to Run and Vanity Fair. Bill is "Locks on a box" in Alive Again and the chorus of Freedom Calling.)

Thanks. I've been correct on who's singing.

I'm not saying there should be NO Neal vocals on his own band's album, but save the most epic moments for himself or something. However, I think a Neal-less NMB (vocals) would be interesting as a one-off, but it would be a little weird.

or if they want to be crazy with different editions, one version where Eric and Bill share lead vocal duties, and another version where Neal sings most of the time.
maybe I shouldn't put that in any of the band members' heads, if they read this forum.

Offline 425

« Reply #5369 on: June 17, 2021, 08:48:46 PM »
I totally agree it would be cool to have an album or something where Neal only comes in during the most epic moments. Maybe it's too much to expect an album like that to happen, but I could see them doing an epic where Neal didn't sing until the grand finale. Although on the other side, I think The Great Adventure was notable for Neal actually handing off the mic completely to someone else for the grand finale, which is not something that has happened even in Transatlantic. If you don't like Eric's voice very much, maybe that's not a good thing from your perspective, but I thought it was cool hearing him get to take a run at the sort of big epic section that would normally default to Neal.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #5370 on: June 17, 2021, 09:16:55 PM »
That has already happened, it's called Flying Colors :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5371 on: June 17, 2021, 09:22:22 PM »
Eric was also given most of the big finale to sing on Similitude.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5372 on: June 17, 2021, 10:05:31 PM »
https://youtu.be/QjCz-OvY47g

Song-only YouTube link for the new single!

-Marc.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #5373 on: June 17, 2021, 11:32:20 PM »
https://youtu.be/QjCz-OvY47g

Song-only YouTube link for the new single!

-Marc.

Really enjoyed the song, specially because we're finally getting music from them that isn't related to TSOAD/TGA :lol

The only parts that didn't work for me were Bill's lead sections.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5374 on: June 18, 2021, 06:01:29 AM »
I like the song, and there will be many more listens to come, but, damn, the aging in Neal's voice, which I have noted before, is becoming more obvious. I will leave it at that for now.  :)

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5375 on: June 18, 2021, 07:04:01 AM »
Radiant website is really struggling this morning.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5376 on: June 18, 2021, 07:05:00 AM »
THE NEAL MORSE BAND - Do It All Again (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiNt_kQvoag

Offline emtee

« Reply #5377 on: June 18, 2021, 07:22:45 AM »
Intro is quite a nod to Genesis.

Cool song.

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #5378 on: June 18, 2021, 07:24:41 AM »
I tried to order the bundle at 8:00. Of course the website crashed and now I have to go to work. Why the hell is the Morsefest 2019 limited edition only???? It's going to be gone by the time I get off work. I love Neal, but his business decisions recently are incredibly shortsighted. I try not to get upset at artist decisions because it's not important, but damn, I'm disappointed.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5379 on: June 18, 2021, 07:25:40 AM »
Radiant website is really struggling this morning.

Yeah, not a good look. Been having issues for over 25 minutes now. I think I added it to my cart but now that won't even load for me.

-Marc.

Offline 425

« Reply #5380 on: June 18, 2021, 07:26:35 AM »
I was really considering the MF2019 release even though I don’t care much for Flying Colors and I already have the Brno show just because I love The Great Adventure so much, but I think $45 is too steep for me on that. (I know there’s a discounted bundle with the 2CD/DVD I&D, but I don’t tend to buy the versions with documentaries, so to me it’s not really a discount).
And if spirit's a sign,

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5381 on: June 18, 2021, 07:26:48 AM »
Yeah, same boat, finally got the product page, then the ability to add a bundle to my cart, now can't get to my car to check out.

edit: finally got to my cart and now they're saying it's empty
Photobucket sucks.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5382 on: June 18, 2021, 07:27:43 AM »
Yeah trying to pre-order the bundle but the site is dead.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5383 on: June 18, 2021, 07:34:41 AM »
TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT:

NMB are also happy to announce tour dates for ‘An Evening of Innocence & Danger’ across US and Europe.

USA 2021

Oct 8th & 9th - Cross Plains, TN - Morsefest 2021
Oct 12th - Seattle, WA - The Triple Door
Oct 14th - St Charles, IL - The Arcada
Oct 15th - Pontiac, MI - The Crofoot Ballroom
Oct 16th - Ft Wayne, IN - Pieres
Oct 17th - Cleveland, OH - The Beachland Ballroom
Oct 19th - Glenside, PA - The Keswick Theater
Oct 20th - Baltimore, MD - Soundstage
Oct 21st - Boston, MA - The Sinclair
Oct 22nd - New York City, NY - The Sony Theater

Europe 2022

May 28th - Madrid, Spain - Teatro Kapital
May 29th - Barcelona, Spain - Apolo
May 30th - Milan, Italy - Live Club
May 31st - Pratteln, Switzerland - Z7
June 2nd - Tilburg, Netherlands - 013
June 3rd - London, England - Shepherds Bush Empire
June 4th - Paris, France - Trianon
June 5th - Esch Sur Alzette, Luxembourg - Rockhal
June 7th - Cologne, Germany - Live Music Hall
June 9th - Brno, Czech Republic - Sono
June 10th - Krakow, Poland - Studio Club
June 11th - Warsaw, Poland - Progresja
June 13th - Hamburg, Germany - Markthalle
June 15th - Copenhagen, Denmark - Amager Bio
June 16th - Gothenburg, Sweden - Pustervik
June 17th - Oslo, Norway - Cosmopolite
June 18th - Stockholm, Sweden - Lilla Cirkus

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5384 on: June 18, 2021, 07:37:20 AM »
Finally made it through
Photobucket sucks.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5385 on: June 18, 2021, 07:39:19 AM »
Finally made it through

Did you get the $10 discount on the  bundle or is that already priced that way?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline 425

« Reply #5386 on: June 18, 2021, 07:40:03 AM »
I like the song, and there will be many more listens to come, but, damn, the aging in Neal's voice, which I have noted before, is becoming more obvious. I will leave it at that for now.  :)

Definitely noticed this as well. Eric is now clearly the strongest voice in the band. It could just be the way it’s mixed, but on the chorus where they all seem to be singing, I pretty much only hear Eric.

I expect he’ll probably take more and more vocal parts as time goes on. As you corrected me earlier, he does the final epic part on both of the last two albums, and the switch is even earlier on TGA (the switch on TSOAD is earlier in the song than I remembered, which is why I didn’t include it in my previous post).
And if spirit's a sign,

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5387 on: June 18, 2021, 07:41:24 AM »
Finally made it through

Yeah, I got the 2CD bundle which was listed at $65, but it was $10 cheaper when I checked out.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5388 on: June 18, 2021, 07:43:53 AM »
Finally made it through

Yeah, I got the 2CD bundle which was listed at $65, but it was $10 cheaper when I checked out.

Weird I'm at the last page of checkout and it still shows as $65 for me.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5389 on: June 18, 2021, 07:44:32 AM »
I still don't understand how in this day and age you don't have a functional website for your business.
The thing takes ages to load, and when it does the cart is empty!!! Come on!!!

The website is not user-friendly at all.

I tried the other day to re-join the IC, I had to click 4 different buttons to finally get to a broken page!!!! I contacted Amy Pippin and they resolved it after 48hs, but if I want to join the IC just take me there, I don't need to read 4 different pages, I just want to join!