Author Topic: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread  (Read 547332 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread
« Reply #4130 on: December 09, 2019, 03:16:31 PM »
Do we know there will be a Morsefest release?

I don't know if it has been said for sure, but I can't imagine Neal will suddenly stop releasing videos of the Morsefest performances, especially when it the performance is by either he as a solo artist (with friends) or the Neal Morse Band.  I don't think he is going to release video of Night 1 from 2018 when it was the Voices of the Beard (because that was a Spock's Beard thing), and I could see him not releasing the video from Night 1 from this year either when it was Flying Colors.

https://nealmorse.com/product/neal-morse-and-friends-voices-of-the-beard-storytellers-2-dvd/

Looks like a Radiant-only release, while I believe most of the other Morsefest releases have been available elsewhere, IIRC.  I consider something more of an official release if it is available on the usual sites like amazon.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #4131 on: December 10, 2019, 04:29:34 AM »
I think it's good Neal signed to Insideout again. Maybe this Radiant Records mess will have an end now. I have never had one bad experience with Insideout.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4132 on: December 10, 2019, 08:10:58 AM »
Radiant has a new site and I believe just added another person to help run it, so I don't think it is going anywhere, and I can't believe the countless issues many of us have had with it are going anywhere any time soon.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4133 on: December 10, 2019, 08:15:12 AM »
That's the problem--Radiant has never been going anywhere. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4134 on: December 10, 2019, 08:36:02 AM »
Guess I am just lucky. I have ordered countless items from Radiant over the years and have never had a single problem with any of them.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4135 on: December 10, 2019, 09:40:39 AM »
I haven't had any real issue with radiant. I just get my orders delivered months later.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4136 on: December 10, 2019, 09:46:59 AM »
Guess I am just lucky. I have ordered countless items from Radiant over the years and have never had a single problem with any of them.

Ditto. I even got an order I cancelled (and was refunded), so now I am stuck with an extra copy of Morsefest 2015 somewhere.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #4137 on: December 11, 2019, 02:49:09 AM »
I ordered once years ago (Spock's Beard X special edition) and it was delivered without problems.

But since then I've tried to order a couple of times and couldn't even place my order because of some technical problems with the old and the new website (or bad programming or whatever). And they never answered my mails when I told them of my problems. So now I'm convinced that Radiant doesn't want to actually sell anything, that website is just for show.  ;)
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #4138 on: December 18, 2019, 06:06:10 PM »
Only issue I ever have is the shipping gouge which has been somewhat corrected over the years, but still not great.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4139 on: December 18, 2019, 08:45:16 PM »
Every time I've bought something on Radiant it's been because it was a clearance sale so it never bothered me that the shipping turnaround times aren't great.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Hourglass Prison

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4140 on: December 19, 2019, 07:17:49 AM »
I’ve ordered stuff from Radiant here and there over the years; here’s my latest customer service experience with them:

I ordered a bunch of Transatlantic stuff that I hadn’t yet gotten (live albums) on Black Friday because they were all on crazy sale. Kaleidoscope I didn’t have a physical copy of, so I was gonna order that too since it was $1.99 like the rest. But then I saw the special edition with a making of documentary. I love the Whirlwind one and always hoped there was a making of for this album but for some reason I had no idea it existed until that moment lol

So I said why not, and paid extra for that version instead.
Week and a half later I get my package and everything is correct, except my Kaleidoscope is the single cd version. I double checked and I was definitely charged for the 3 disc.

So I email right away letting them know, and literally 7 minutes later I got a response. They apologized and told me I can keep the one I have and they’re sending out the correct one. Got it 3 days later.
Probably the fastest resolution to an order issue I’ve had from anywhere.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4141 on: December 19, 2019, 11:43:19 AM »
I’ve ordered stuff from Radiant here and there over the years; here’s my latest customer service experience with them:

I ordered a bunch of Transatlantic stuff that I hadn’t yet gotten (live albums) on Black Friday because they were all on crazy sale. Kaleidoscope I didn’t have a physical copy of, so I was gonna order that too since it was $1.99 like the rest. But then I saw the special edition with a making of documentary. I love the Whirlwind one and always hoped there was a making of for this album but for some reason I had no idea it existed until that moment lol

Week and a half later I get my package and everything is correct, except my Kaleidoscope is the single cd version. I double checked and I was definitely charged for the 3 disc.

So I email right away letting them know, and literally 7 minutes later I got a response. They apologized and told me I can keep the one I have and they’re sending out the correct one. Got it 3 days later.

I will say, when I've read stories about GOOD customer service with them, it always ends up being very good. They're human, too, and have sometimes shipped the wrong stuff (or in my case, shipped a cancelled order), and will typically tell customers to keep the first item and send the correct one free of charge. I think we just don't see enough of those kinds of stories because we kind of expect them to do good the first time, or to fix their mistakes anyway, but when they do wrong, it's always the first thing I hear, and I sympathize because extremely long shipping is annoying, or lack of communication is not a good business model, but like I said above, they are only human.

Glad to hear you got your correct Kaleidoscope album and I hope you enjoy that Making Of Documentary too! It's a good one, and I think I've seen it a few times (though not as much as the Whirlwind one). I hope you consider gifting your single CD Kaleidoscope to a Transatlantic-fan in the making! If they like it, just tell them the other three are even better and that they're making a fifth one for next year!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Hourglass Prison

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4142 on: December 19, 2019, 12:22:15 PM »

I will say, when I've read stories about GOOD customer service with them, it always ends up being very good. They're human, too, and have sometimes shipped the wrong stuff (or in my case, shipped a cancelled order), and will typically tell customers to keep the first item and send the correct one free of charge. I think we just don't see enough of those kinds of stories because we kind of expect them to do good the first time, or to fix their mistakes anyway, but when they do wrong, it's always the first thing I hear, and I sympathize because extremely long shipping is annoying, or lack of communication is not a good business model, but like I said above, they are only human.

Glad to hear you got your correct Kaleidoscope album and I hope you enjoy that Making Of Documentary too! It's a good one, and I think I've seen it a few times (though not as much as the Whirlwind one). I hope you consider gifting your single CD Kaleidoscope to a Transatlantic-fan in the making! If they like it, just tell them the other three are even better and that they're making a fifth one for next year!

-Marc.
I watched it this weekend and did enjoy it! I was telling my wife that it’s almost like a lost film to me because I genuinely for whatever reason had no idea it existed before lol
It actually gave me a deeper appreciation for the album(which I enjoy, but it’s my least favorite of the four).
Yeah, I was actually thinking of giving my friend who’s into prog the single CD. I showed him The Whirlwind in 2010 or so and he kinda dug it.

For some reason I go back to making ofs and tour documentaries repeatedly (same with DT commentary tracks). I just find them endlessly rewatch able for some reason. I watch the Whirlwind and Whirld tour docs roughly once a year.

Though I don’t have the whirlwind special edition; I always watch the doc online. I’ve looked for it for a few years but can never find it for sale anywhere, or if I do it’s an import for like $60 or something. I’d really like to get my hands on it lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4143 on: December 19, 2019, 01:01:34 PM »

-Marc.
I watched it this weekend and did enjoy it! I was telling my wife that it’s almost like a lost film to me because I genuinely for whatever reason had no idea it existed before lol
It actually gave me a deeper appreciation for the album(which I enjoy, but it’s my least favorite of the four).
Yeah, I was actually thinking of giving my friend who’s into prog the single CD. I showed him The Whirlwind in 2010 or so and he kinda dug it.

For some reason I go back to making ofs and tour documentaries repeatedly (same with DT commentary tracks). I just find them endlessly rewatch able for some reason. I watch the Whirlwind and Whirld tour docs roughly once a year.

Though I don’t have the whirlwind special edition; I always watch the doc online. I’ve looked for it for a few years but can never find it for sale anywhere, or if I do it’s an import for like $60 or something. I’d really like to get my hands on it lol

Check Discogs I have found all of their discs there.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4144 on: December 19, 2019, 05:51:40 PM »
In case y'all didn't see it, here is a new Christmas song Neal released this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLcVen-sUcw

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #4145 on: December 20, 2019, 07:40:35 AM »
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4146 on: December 20, 2019, 08:23:27 AM »
I love how they advertise the 2CD/BD physical release, but their purchase link only redirects to streaming/digital services. :facepalm:

I checked nealmorse.com and even there, there aren't any listings for the album (yet). Big fail, Neal. Way to advertise a product no one can pre-order.

-Marc.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4147 on: December 20, 2019, 09:14:16 AM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4149 on: December 20, 2019, 12:36:59 PM »
Too bad that the editor of their live stuff still thinks it's a good idea to have the rear screen stuff overlayed the concert footage (see: annoying as hell), but that video of Welcome to the World still looked and sounded great.  Will be hard to resist this, as I'd rather wait for the eventual Morsefest release of TGA before performed in full.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4150 on: December 20, 2019, 01:20:51 PM »
Will be hard to resist this, as I'd rather wait for the eventual Morsefest release of TGA before performed in full.

I was of a similar mindset.  Until I just watched the clip.  I am now of the opinion that I will buy both.  I want the Morsefest release because there is just more content, and it is a special performance with a bit more to it.  And I want this one because the setting is very similar to where I saw them on tour and really evokes that same intimate, small club feel of the show I was at.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4151 on: December 28, 2019, 01:45:49 PM »
Neal has a blast listening to a Genesis classic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8tuSCTKqTc

:hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #4152 on: December 28, 2019, 01:55:27 PM »

I don't blame him, it's a great one (what else innit)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4153 on: December 28, 2019, 02:09:35 PM »
Btw, here's the version he mentions at the start, where he sang for a Jordan Rudess cover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf3RD-7lErg
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #4154 on: December 31, 2019, 08:05:07 AM »
Anyone know what the general set list will be for neals 2 intimate acoustic Australian shows? I love the guy but I want Neal Morse prog god not Neal Morse god prog

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4155 on: December 31, 2019, 12:44:02 PM »
Anyone know what the general set list will be for neals 2 intimate acoustic Australian shows? I love the guy but I want Neal Morse prog god not Neal Morse god prog

I am guessing this means you want the prog stuff and not the singer/songwriter stuff?

If so, you might be a bit disappointed, as his solo shows where he is by himself seem to always be the singer/songwriter stuff.  Fear not, though, because Neal makes them a ton of fun and interacts like crazy with the fans during the set.  You will have a blast.  :hat

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #4156 on: December 31, 2019, 03:12:12 PM »
Your best bet would probably be to look at the setlists from his acoustic show tour a few years ago. Here’s one: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neal-morse/2018/triple-door-seattle-wa-bec9912.html

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #4157 on: January 04, 2020, 04:28:48 PM »

I would almost pay to see him do this on a regular basis......almost. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4158 on: January 04, 2020, 08:03:43 PM »

There needs to be a petition for Neal to do that every time he is home and the family is out of the house. :lol

Or even when they are there. To wit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXbLpNgbbhU

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #4159 on: January 05, 2020, 06:08:51 PM »

There needs to be a petition for Neal to do that every time he is home and the family is out of the house. :lol

Saw that went I went looking for more but only found three of them so far.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4160 on: January 05, 2020, 08:33:50 PM »

Interesting that you posted that as Neil Innes died a few days ago.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4161 on: January 05, 2020, 08:37:54 PM »
I didn't know that who was until a few days ago, so yeah the timing is ironic, for sure.

ytserush, I think Neal has only done three of those musical appreciation videos.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #4162 on: January 12, 2020, 06:40:31 PM »
I didn't know that who was until a few days ago, so yeah the timing is ironic, for sure.

ytserush, I think Neal has only done three of those musical appreciation videos.

That was all I was able to find. I'd love to see more.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4163 on: February 09, 2020, 07:19:20 PM »
Not sure if you guys are aware of Neal's participation in Matt Smith's Project Aegis project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpHmSdVAzKg
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #4164 on: February 09, 2020, 10:23:53 PM »
Not sure if you guys are aware of Neal's participation in Matt Smith's Project Aegis project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpHmSdVAzKg
This is awesome! Hadn't heard this yet.

I've never listened to these Theocracy guys before. Is all of their music like this? The ending to this track is crazy good.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 10:37:59 PM by Cocopjojo »