I like them
They're average
Meh
Not really
No
KEVIN MOORE!?!?!?!?
My all-time favorite band
One of my all-time favorite bands

Author Topic: Do you like Dream Theater?  (Read 10152 times)

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
Re: Do you like Dream Theater?
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2011, 04:16:22 PM »
Damn, I didn't see the last option when I was voting. Anyway, my answer is that they're my second favourite band, and I really enjoy most of their output.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline tristl

• DTF.org Alumni
  • when dreams and tristl unite
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2011, 04:35:51 PM »
my all time favourite band , the love came late(2006) but now it gets stronger day by day, they will be always my number one :mehlin :metal
Carpe diem baby

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2011, 04:50:37 PM »
I like a DT song on occasion, but I'd be lying if I said they're a favorite of mine these days. I'll always reach for I&W or Awake when I have that rare craving.

*Shrugs*

Offline farsight

« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2011, 05:56:01 PM »
All time favourite, and I don't see that changing as long as John Petrucci is a member of Dream Theater. The dude is a huge inspiration for me, as creepy as that sounds. Now I need to buff up.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2011, 08:07:10 PM »
They are one of my favourite bands of all-time (in my top 5). I still listen to them as much as ever. I&W is my favourite album ever.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2011, 08:08:42 PM »
One of my all time favorite bands.

I don't understand why anyone who doesn't like DT would even be a part of this forum.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline wammabe

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2011, 08:16:35 PM »

I don't understand why anyone who doesn't like DT would even be a part of this forum.

1: They secretly love Dream Theater.
2: The members of this forum are so awesome, they simply can't resist.
3: They listened to Panic Attack in Rock Band 2, thought it was cool, and decided to join the forum because its a cool song.
4: They are trolls, unfortunately, once they found out that Darth Vader was defending the forum, they decided not to troll, and just left the account active because they are lazy.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »
 :rollin
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2011, 01:24:00 AM »

3: They listened to Panic Attack in Rock Band 2, thought it was cool, and decided to join the forum because its a cool song.
4: They are trolls, unfortunately, once they found out that Darth Vader was defending the forum, they decided not to troll, and just left the account active because they are lazy.

You forgot option 5: They don't really like Dream Theater, but they had some time and a forum, so what the fuck.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wammabe

« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2011, 06:11:38 AM »

You forgot option 5: They don't really like Dream Theater, but they had some time and a forum, so what the fuck.

:lol

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2011, 06:51:31 AM »
Every time I see this thread title, I think of Chino's "Do you Dream Theater?" story. :lol
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2011, 06:56:15 AM »
They are tied for top spot along side Pain Of Salvation. It depends what sort of mood I'm in for which one I prefer.

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2011, 10:20:03 AM »

:lol
Classic.

Offline wolven74

• DTF.org Alumni
  • My body is not well
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2011, 10:45:48 AM »
An interesting question.

I'm glad they've lasted as long as they have because if I only had, say, 3 cd's to listen to I'd say they weren't my favorite band, or as I have been referring to them recently, my all time favorite band. The reason for this is that if I only had 3 cds, I don't think there'd be enough variety. They would get old.

To me, each release DT has done has been innovative, original, and fresh. Though I admit that SC and BC&SL were a little saturated in metal and a lot less proggy/innovative/fresh. Each release has had moments of beauty and grace.

Since I&W they're lyrics have always been able to reach me on an emotional level. Not many other bands I've heard have been able to do that for so many years.

Best. Band. Ever.
Everything is immaterial. Do you know that reality is immaterial? This is not reality.
In what friggin' universe is a 68 minute long album "short"?

Offline jyoung320

• Trapped inside this OCTOQUARIUM! (Misheard lyrics)
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2011, 03:57:16 PM »
They're currently my favourite band, having overtaken Metallica for me very recently. However I'm sure I'll do what I did with Metallica and burn out on them sooner or later, as I've been on a bit of a DT binge recently having just got all of their albums finally. But at the minute, my favourite band.

This is exactly the same thing with me. Metallica used to be my favorite band but Dream Theater just overtook them within the last 6 months.

Offline tartarus250

• peace love and good happyness stuff
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2011, 07:17:20 AM »
i dont like D.T.

I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.