Author Topic: 'View Askewniverse' appreciation thread  (Read 11840 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: 'View Askewniverse' appreciation thread
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2015, 10:37:57 PM »
BUMP

Figured it was time to watch'em all again.

Started with Clerks.

Now Mall Rats

:metal
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2015, 12:31:42 AM »
I just finished his book Tough Shit last night so I may start with Clerks and then Mallrats  tonight as well....it has been a while....
Currently watching the DT Bootleg Chile 02/06. Great concert!  :smiley:
Poor Kevin Smith I just read what happened at ComicCon in San Diego....more amo for his next book...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2015, 05:33:08 AM »
hmm what happened in comic con?  I follow Kevin Smith on FB and don't recall seeing anything although I may have missed it.

I'm excited for Mallrats 2.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2015, 03:34:01 AM »
^^He did tweet about it, or just type Kevin Smith in google, it is the top story, and he has already done a podcast on it.

Quick recap..He was to follow a Star Wars Panel and right before they finished  J.J. Abrams invited the entire audience to a Star Wars concert, the room emptied of a fair chunk of the audience straight away.
Kevin Smith admitted he would have loved to have cancelled his own show and gone, but he ended up doing his show and was left with about 2000+ people, or 1/3 of the room.  He has since said it is great material for him in the future. 

Anyway last night watched Clerks and Mallrats for the first time in.... a few years at least.

Randal has the best lines in Clerks I especially loved .... 

Randal in the video store reading a newspaper where a customer wants him to tell her which is the best movie...

Randal: I don't appreciate your ruse ma'am.
Customer: I beg your pardon?
Randal: Your ruse, your cunning attempt to trick me.
Customer: I was only pointing out that you weren't paying attention to what I was saying.
Randal: And I hope it feels good.
Customer: You hope what feels good?
Randal: I hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?
Customer: Well this is the last time I rent here.
Randal: You'll be missed.
Customer: Screw You!
Randal: (Yelling after customer has left the store, from the doorway) Hey, you're not allowed to rent here anymore!
Jay: Yeeeaaahhhhhh!

Or during Rooftop Hockey, they lose the only ball.
Dante: (Calling to people on the ground) Any balls down there?
Mewes: Only the biggest pair you've ever seen, Dingleberry!

Gold!  :corn  (I turned the subtitles on after Dante mumbled something I needed to rewind to catch what he says....I never noticed subtitled movies don't add the curse words apparently there was no swearing during Clerks...)

I forgot during Mallrats,  Mewes starts calling Silent Bob Lunchbox. I love this cracked me up all over again..... :laugh:

Tonight Chasing Amy and Dogma....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2015, 05:04:33 AM »
lol lunchbox, J is the best

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »
Yeeeaaaahhhh!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »
In the last two days Chasing Amy, Dogma, Clerks 2 and Jay and Silent Bob strike back.....later today Jersey Girl and then non askew Zach and Miri and Red State.

So Mallrats 2 is about to or is now filming, will be interesting to see what they do with the characters especially since the credits of Mallrats had a sequence showing
where they all end up.

I also forgot during Clerks 2 Jay and the Goodbye Horses scenes, he is so good in these movies!  :laugh:

And I had completely forgotten about the references to The Fugitve (one of my all time fave movies) during Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back!  :corn