Author Topic: BACON!!!!!!  (Read 168907 times)

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
Re: BACON!!!!!!
« Reply #420 on: February 25, 2010, 07:34:40 AM »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #421 on: February 27, 2010, 06:10:03 PM »
I am not making this up.  Bacon cheddar flavored popcorn.  MY boss and I are going to test drive it later tonight.  We will POP THE POPCORN IN BACON FAT and then toss it in salt and sharp white cheddar cheese.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #422 on: February 27, 2010, 06:11:19 PM »
I am not making this up.  Bacon cheddar flavored popcorn.  MY boss and I are going to test drive it later tonight.  We will POP THE POPCORN IN BACON FAT and then toss it in salt and sharp white cheddar cheese.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

there's a mushroom cloud of splooge over my apartment right now
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #423 on: February 27, 2010, 06:11:51 PM »
I'll let you know how it turns out.
That is, if you don't die of a heart attack  :tup

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #424 on: February 27, 2010, 06:23:23 PM »

lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #425 on: February 27, 2010, 07:59:15 PM »

:|
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #426 on: February 27, 2010, 09:33:56 PM »
So we did the popcorn, and it seriously turned out more epic than I expected.  We then made our own baconsalt to season fries with, which were killer too.  When tasting, my boss says"too much salt, not enough bacon." :metal

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #427 on: February 27, 2010, 09:40:47 PM »
So we did the popcorn, and it seriously turned out more epic than I expected.  We then made our own baconsalt to season fries with, which were killer too.  When tasting, my boss says"too much salt, not enough bacon." :metal

My name is black_floyd and I approve of this quote  :tup
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #428 on: March 01, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »
I haven't read through this whole thread, but someone at the office just went around with a bacon cholocate bar.

I admit that the bite I had was most excellent, but I think committing to the whole thing in one sitting might be a gastro-intestinal overload.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline efxf

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #429 on: March 09, 2010, 04:56:36 PM »
New place in my area offering Pancakes & Bacon cupcakes...

https://sugarontopsc.com/default.aspx

A cupcake that tastes
like a sweet pancake, flavored with a hint of bacon.
Frosted with a maple syrup buttercream glaze
topped with a yummy piece of candied applewood bacon.
(Glazed no bacon, Glazed w/bacon & Bacon no Glaze are pictured)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #430 on: March 09, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
Kinda in the vein of the above, my wife made cornbread this last weekend with bacon, cheddar, and green onions.  ...in the cornbread. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #431 on: March 09, 2010, 05:21:15 PM »
Kinda in the vein of the above, my wife made cornbread this last weekend with bacon, cheddar, and green onions.  ...in the cornbread. 
*drools*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #432 on: March 09, 2010, 05:28:59 PM »
I never would have thought of chopping up those things and putting them in cornbread, but yeah, my reaction was similar to yours.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #433 on: March 09, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »
Just ordered two large pizzas, one of which has bacon  :metal
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #434 on: March 09, 2010, 05:58:07 PM »
Something tells me that a piece of that hot out of the oven, cut in half, and smothered in butter would stop the earth on its axis.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #435 on: March 09, 2010, 07:02:32 PM »
Something tells me that a piece of that hot out of the oven, cut in half, and smothered in butter would stop the earth on its axis.
Sounds good except for the onions.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #436 on: March 09, 2010, 08:28:31 PM »
Madness!!!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #437 on: March 09, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »
Madness!!!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #438 on: March 10, 2010, 09:48:05 PM »
Good evening DTF.  Something happenned to me at work tonight that I need to share with all of you.  You may want to sit down for this.  Please, boys and girls, brace yourselves for this one.

I found something with bacon that I didn't like.  The story starts with some of our bar regulars coming in and bringing a bar of chocolate mixed with bacon.  He offered some to me, and I jumped on it like a bum  on a free sandwich.  Giddy with anticipation, I ran to the kitchen for what I thought was going to be a memorable experience.  I felt slightly feverish as I popped the piece of bacon chocolate into my mouth.  Somewhere, far away, I heard a baby cry, the wind blow, the whimper of a hurt puppy.  As the bacon chocolate melted in my mouth, I wondered if a wire had come lose in my head.  Where was the delight, where was the joy, where was the gentle tingling in the loins.  Slowly, I realized what was going on.  I wanteed to refuse the horror of the thought, to deny the truth, but it was too late, the seal had been broken.
       Numbly, I staggered out into the cold, starless night.  Completeley oblivious to the world around me, I tried to make sense of the experience, but I couldn't.  A fresh open wound bled from my soul.  Slowly I came out of my stupor, a changed man.  Gone was the innocence, gone was the goodness, gone was the trust.  Just like when my mom told me there was no Santa, another shred of purity was stripped away from me.
       I needed to share this with all of you, in hopes of gaining some wisdom out of this experience.  Your well wishes are more than welcome, and always appreciated, but I think the one thing I need now more than anything else is time, time to come to terms with this new reality that was so coldly thrust upon me.
                             Thank you DTF,  :lonestar:

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #439 on: March 10, 2010, 10:50:31 PM »
That rant combined with your avatar is freaking win.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #440 on: March 11, 2010, 03:01:25 AM »
You disgust me.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #441 on: March 11, 2010, 03:34:46 AM »
I just finished off an Italian BMT with BACON from Subway!!! :hefdaddy  I'm polishing off with a couple of cookies and an iced coffee!!!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #442 on: March 11, 2010, 09:41:42 AM »
Lonestar, serious question:  would it be feasible to make fried chicken wrapped in bacon and melted cheddar? 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #443 on: March 11, 2010, 11:43:23 AM »
You disgust me.
Please, no abuse, I am quite disgusted with myself enough right now.

@bosk-  How about this, cut pockets into the chicken, and stuff them with the cheese, then before breading, wrap the chicken in the bacon.  Then bread it and fry it as normal.  Should be epic. We used to do a chicken wing at a place I worked at where we took out the first joint in the drummette, then stuffed it with a spicy pork sausage, then breaded it, fried it, and tossed it in hot sauce like a buffalo wing.  That was ten years ago and the taste still lingers in my mouth.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #444 on: March 11, 2010, 11:50:04 AM »
@bosk-  How about this, cut pockets into the chicken, and stuff them with the cheese, then before breading, wrap the chicken in the bacon.  Then bread it and fry it as normal.  Should be epic.

I will let you know in advance the next time I plan to be in Berkeley if there is any chance this can be made a chef's special that day.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #445 on: March 11, 2010, 11:53:05 AM »
I think I may test drive it tonight.  I'll let you know how it goes, once I stop humping the table in culinary ecstasy.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #446 on: March 11, 2010, 11:55:44 AM »
Make sure the boss isn't around.  The table incident could cause you to have some 'splaining to do.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #447 on: March 11, 2010, 11:58:49 AM »
Make sure the boss isn't around.  The table incident could cause you to have some 'splaining to do.
My boss has similar feelings to bacon and fried chicken, that table is getting tag teamed.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #448 on: March 11, 2010, 11:59:40 AM »
I literally physically did this in my office when I read that:  :lolpalm:

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #449 on: March 11, 2010, 12:02:41 PM »
 :tup

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #450 on: March 12, 2010, 07:10:48 PM »
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #451 on: March 12, 2010, 07:12:57 PM »
I just don't even...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #452 on: March 12, 2010, 07:27:29 PM »
I don't either.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #453 on: March 12, 2010, 07:36:57 PM »
Same here.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #454 on: March 12, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »