Author Topic: BACON!!!!!!  (Read 166238 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: BACON!!!!!!
« Reply #1820 on: September 06, 2023, 03:38:40 PM »
I'll see if anyone carries it around here.

This is the brand I've been buying.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1821 on: September 06, 2023, 03:42:34 PM »
If you are baking bacon its best to put the stuff on a wire rack that's placed on the sheet cookware.

But then it doesn't sop up the grease.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1822 on: September 06, 2023, 04:00:05 PM »
That's the point. Gets crispy and you can use the grease to cook other stuff like eggs and fried bread. :D
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1823 on: September 06, 2023, 08:41:30 PM »
I'm definitely a convert to oven cooking for my bacon. I've also started adding a little bit of water to the baking sheet before I put the bacon in, in theory it keeps the bacon cooking at a lower temperature for longer before browning and improves the texture.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1824 on: September 07, 2023, 06:14:21 AM »
My grandmother had a four-burner gas stove.  In the middle of the back two was a Maxwell House coffee can.  After every time she cooked bacon, she would pour the grease into that can from the iron skillet.   For many of her meals she would start with a small spoonful of the bacon grease in lieu of butter or oil when cooking something else.   

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1825 on: September 07, 2023, 07:03:21 AM »
My grandmother had a four-burner gas stove.  In the middle of the back two was a Maxwell House coffee can.  After every time she cooked bacon, she would pour the grease into that can from the iron skillet.   For many of her meals she would start with a small spoonful of the bacon grease in lieu of butter or oil when cooking something else.

:heart

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1826 on: September 07, 2023, 07:14:56 AM »
We’re cousins!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1827 on: September 07, 2023, 08:24:22 AM »
last night was something else, let me tell ya. me and a bunch of pals decided to hit up this karaoke joint in town. it started off pretty chill, ya know, just a bunch of us takin' turns singin' our hearts out. we sang everything from classic rock to some good ol' country tunes. we even attempted some pop songs, but man, we ain't no pop stars, that's for sure. we got there around 6 in the evening, and before we knew it, it was 2 in the morning. we couldn't believe how fast time had flown by. we were all having such a blast, we just didn't wanna stop singing. it was one of those nights where you lose track of time, and it felt like we were in our own little world. so, after eight solid hours of karaoke, we finally decided to call it a night. but here's the twist, we were all starving. i mean, we hadn't eaten since like lunchtime, and our stomachs were growling like crazy. one of the guys in our group, Dave, he's always up for some late-night eats, and he suggested we hit up the Waffle House that's open 24/7.

we all agreed, and off we went to the Waffle House at 2 in the morning. i gotta tell ya, the moment we walked in, the smell of bacon was like heaven. it was like the universe was sayin', "you made it, and here's some bacon as your reward." we all ordered our grub, and i gotta say, that bacon was hitting the spot. crispy, savory, and just the right amount of greasy. i paired it up with some waffles and hash browns, and let me tell ya, it was the best decision ever. we spent the next hour chowing down and talking about our favorite karaoke moments of the night. i'll never forget how we attempted "Bohemian Rhapsody" and totally butchered it, but it was a blast. by the time we finished eating, the sun was starting to come up, and we all realized we had work in a few hours. it was a wild night, and even though we were gonna be dragging at the office, it was totally worth it.

so, if you ever find yourself singing your heart out at karaoke until the wee hours of the morning, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to some bacon at the Waffle House. you won't regret it!
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline The Great Ape

« Reply #1828 on: September 07, 2023, 10:51:09 AM »
last night was something else, let me tell ya. me and a bunch of pals decided to hit up this karaoke joint in town. it started off pretty chill, ya know, just a bunch of us takin' turns singin' our hearts out. we sang everything from classic rock to some good ol' country tunes. we even attempted some pop songs, but man, we ain't no pop stars, that's for sure. we got there around 6 in the evening, and before we knew it, it was 2 in the morning. we couldn't believe how fast time had flown by. we were all having such a blast, we just didn't wanna stop singing. it was one of those nights where you lose track of time, and it felt like we were in our own little world. so, after eight solid hours of karaoke, we finally decided to call it a night. but here's the twist, we were all starving. i mean, we hadn't eaten since like lunchtime, and our stomachs were growling like crazy. one of the guys in our group, Dave, he's always up for some late-night eats, and he suggested we hit up the Waffle House that's open 24/7.

we all agreed, and off we went to the Waffle House at 2 in the morning. i gotta tell ya, the moment we walked in, the smell of bacon was like heaven. it was like the universe was sayin', "you made it, and here's some bacon as your reward." we all ordered our grub, and i gotta say, that bacon was hitting the spot. crispy, savory, and just the right amount of greasy. i paired it up with some waffles and hash browns, and let me tell ya, it was the best decision ever. we spent the next hour chowing down and talking about our favorite karaoke moments of the night. i'll never forget how we attempted "Bohemian Rhapsody" and totally butchered it, but it was a blast. by the time we finished eating, the sun was starting to come up, and we all realized we had work in a few hours. it was a wild night, and even though we were gonna be dragging at the office, it was totally worth it.

so, if you ever find yourself singing your heart out at karaoke until the wee hours of the morning, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to some bacon at the Waffle House. you won't regret it!

Sounds like it was truly "A NightBacon to Remember"!!
"You know what? Enough is enough. There's enough hate in this world; there's enough frickin' negativity in this world" - James LaBrie